Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] House Editor

Alatar

it works just fine. Download the following http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,64019.0.html and just find every form/lbl/control that deals with the house editor and put it in your own modified game. It is not that hard to read the instructions and copy and paste.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, the subscript out of range. I downloaded the 1.4 version and open the server, it said subscript out of range.

When I try to add the code to my game, after add all what he said, i go on and copy what he hadnt put in yet, but now i face another problem: there is no map.tileset in my game (u can see map.tileset like at the beginning of frmEditor_House). And after i added in tileset to maprec in modType, the game work fine but i have to delete my map. But thenn when i try to add npc, even after when i put in npc and press save, no npc appear and when i go to check, it appeared to me that i didnt add any npc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Nice its working (kinda)  thanks alot alatar and crzy  :cheesy:

Edit: There is an issue with this, a player can buy and edit a house owned by another player if anyone knows of a way to fix this please let me know.

I asked on vb forum and they told me to do this but it seems not likely it would work as it didnt fix the problem but i was kinda confused on what numbers it checked for  http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?p=4062999&posted=1#post4062999

any input on this would be great thanks alot
Edit: I would happily pay someone to look into this for me or take a copy of my source and find a check to prevent this.

• 3 months later...
Hey whack u fix this the same way u did with the travel menu just delete a couple lines the only problem is with the system and buying houses from the npc it let's the multiple people buy the same house also people can overwrite any attributes u placed and can trap others on the map but I guess it doesn't matter if u only allow the map owner to get on the map…  I guess u could just not use the npc to sell houses to players (manually add them to the ini) only to let players sell there house back or convert the ini file to a udt

• 2 weeks later...
It is easy to get it working for Eo2.0…. The problem is with the whole ini file saving... read my post above and you will see the issue. I just don't know how to convert it to an udt :( it still works though I will help u add it in if u want but making a tutorial would be pointless with the ini file still in place
Only thing is just don't let npcs sell houses to players do it manually or find some other way to keep more than one person from being able to click "buy" from the manager

There should be a way to make the server create a .ini file at startup and if there is it loads it, and also when a new character joins, when finishing putting in the name, it adds a new line to the .ini file…That is the way i think it should be but my suggestion probably wont matter XD

Public Sub WriteBytes(ByRef nByte() As Byte)
Dim nLength As Long

nLength = (UBound(nByte) - LBound(nByte)) + 1

If WriteHead + nLength - 1 > BufferSize Then Allocate nLength

INLINE

nLength = (UBound(nByte) - LBound(nByte)) + 1

Subscript out of range 9 error

any ideas?

>> this is when i try to teleport to house