Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite Computer Build

saadhamza

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your IT teacher is working as an IT teacher because he knows jack-shit about computers. Hell, I did a college course on software development and I knew more than the poor saps trying to teach me how to generate a table in PHP.

Simply have the case on a table and don't go rubbing balloons on your head whilst doing it and you'll be fine. If you do end up fucking up any parts, just report them DoA and send them back.

Not like you'll have to. Building a computer is the easiest thing in the world.

@Robin:

> Your IT teacher is working as an IT teacher because he knows jack-shit about computers. Hell, I did a college course on software development and I knew more than the poor saps trying to teach me how to generate a table in PHP.
>
> Simply have the case on a table and don't go rubbing balloons on your head whilst doing it and you'll be fine. If you do end up fucking up any parts, just report them DoA and send them back.
>
> Not like you'll have to. Building a computer is the easiest thing in the world.

lego sets are more difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
Edit: Ok, here's my new build. I upped it quite a bit, and now im trying to save on some parts.

AMD Phenom II 965 x4 3.4ghz-160$
Radeon 6850- 180$
Western Digital Blue 500gb- 50$
RipJaw DDR3 4gb 2x2 RAM - 60$
Asus SATA 24x DVD- 20$
Cant remember PSU.- 60$
Any Case - >$60?
Cool Master Hyper 212 Fan -25$
Not Sure about Mobo. This is the main thing i need. I'm looking for a reliable cheap mobo. >79.99

Anyone got any cheaper parts that i should go for? I like my processor and video card. Im mainly looking for a cheap-good mobo, and maybe a replacement for other parts that are cheap, but reliable.

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, last question. Sort of a bump, as well.

[url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-157-195&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&
SelectedRating=3&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)#scrollFullInfo]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-157-195&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&
SelectedRating=3&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)#scrollFullInfo

It looks nice. But some of the reviews dont make it sound very good. Would anyone recommend this?

@Zonova:

> Edit: Ok, here's my new build. I upped it quite a bit, and now im trying to save on some parts.
>
> AMD Phenom II 965 x4 3.4ghz-160$
> Radeon 6850- 180$
> Western Digital Blue 500gb- 50$
> RipJaw DDR3 4gb 2x2 RAM - 60$
> Asus SATA 24x DVD- 20$
> Cant remember PSU.- 60$
> Any Case - >$60?
> Cool Master Hyper 212 Fan -25$
> Not Sure about Mobo. This is the main thing I need. I'm looking for a reliable cheap mobo. >79.99
>
> Anyone got any cheaper parts that I should go for? I like my processor and video card. Im mainly looking for a cheap-good mobo, and maybe a replacement for other parts that are cheap, but reliable.

dont skimp on the mobo. I'd suggest save a little more for AMD IIx 6 and also a 1TB hdd (dont get anything under 7200rpm)

you could probably choose a lower level gpu but w/e

Actually, i'm not the one buying it. My parents are, as a birthday present. But they told me to keep a tight budget. It was actually supposed to be 600$, but i'm having a hard time staying on that.

Why are there different company versions of the Radeon 6850? Like, the XFX and the Gigabyte. What's the difference?

Alright, ill try getting some coupon code to aim for a 1 TB.

Would you happen to have any suggestions on where i could cut some money? Maybe 10$ on a couple of things, or like 50$ on one thing. Maybe i could go down a level on the GPU. Problem is that the 5770 costs almost as much, while the 6850 has much more power.