Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Watch me lose… then watch me dominate

magezhilo

This was my second match at my first no-gi tournament. I'd only been learning MMA for 3 months while my opponent has been doing it for more then a year and I still did really good. In the end I ended up losing because of points.

I'm the red headed kid btw…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcG_rm1z6qw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY0lzli3KYk

@MrMiguu:

> The only thing I'm not too crazy about with the whole MMA scene is the fact that on the street, the last place you want to end up is on the ground. All this is good, though.

That's why you lose points if the opponent gets you in any position where they are dominate (on top) and you're on your back. I get on my back a lot in this round cause I was focused mostly on just getting a submission on him.

@SoiWilliamSoi:

> Work on your ground control bro. You did alright for just 3 months of practice. I enjoy doing this, but not as in tournaments and shit. Just for the fun of it.

This is the only tournament I've ever been to and it was the greatest experience I've had in awhile. It was really cool and fun and I'm probably going to go to as many as I can now.

I forgot to mention also that even though I lost this one I did get second place. Here's the match I won:

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=66009.msg711318#msg711318 date=1289447812]
> Dude…. you could of won that first match within like.. the first minute.. he left it open for an armbar.. tap that box out..
>
> honestly.. this shit is weak.. need to get some punching and shit in.. not lame ass wrestling..

Yeah, I was open for a lot of things. Did you not happen to notice the triangle lock I had on him? But I was overconfident and felt like I could get another submission on him easy, but I was wrong and paid for it. Also, I'm not able to do any contact fighting until I'm 18 years old, but I still train for it now.

EDIT: Also, that wasn't an armbar he was open for, it was an omoplata and I was trying for it, but he immediately knew that I was going for it.

@Wraith:

> @[Pie:
>
> > ICT link=topic=66009.msg711318#msg711318 date=1289447812]
> > Dude…. you could of won that first match within like.. the first minute.. he left it open for an armbar.. tap that box out..
> >
> > honestly.. this shit is weak.. need to get some punching and shit in.. not lame ass wrestling..
>
> Yeah, I was open for a lot of things. Did you not happen to notice the triangle lock I had on him? But I was overconfident and felt like I could get another submission on him easy, but I was wrong and paid for it. Also, I'm not able to do any contact fighting until I'm 18 years old, but I still train for it now.
>
> EDIT: Also, that wasn't an armbar he was open for, it was an omoplata and I was trying for it, but he immediately knew that I was going for it.

ah.. must of miss saw.. but eitherway.. don't get over confidant.. just win when you can.. also.. since you can't do contact.. i guess its good to start training on submission. Have any friends that are into this as well? if so.. start up a lil fight club, and spar with each other to practice ground and pound.. as well as look into boxing training so you can learn how to do that to be ahead of the game.

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=66009.msg711327#msg711327 date=1289450583]
> ah.. must of miss saw.. but eitherway.. don't get over confidant.. just win when you can.. also.. since you can't do contact.. I guess its good to start training on submission. Have any friends that are into this as well? if so.. start up a lil fight club, and spar with each other to practice ground and pound.. as well as look into boxing training so you can learn how to do that to be ahead of the game.

Way ahead of you man. About 4 of my friends are doin this aswell and we learn wrestling, judo, jui-jitsu, and we practice 4 days a week. Were not just doin it in our backyard or anything, we have a coach and were on a team that's been around for awhile now.

@Rilêy¿!¡:

> Damn. Its not letting me see it, could I have the raw link please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcG_rm1z6qw

@Kusy:

> Dude… in the second video that **chick** looked like **she** wanted to stroke your hands… dem snake moves man. Dem snake moves.
> Funny as hell, tho **she** would most likely beat me up in a fight ;D

fixed that for ya bro