Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Ownership? New Direction? Dr.Yukiro.

Link

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think part of the problem is that the people her are too serious, guys, this is a hobby, if you don't like the drama then don't take it. It's not a sin or anything to laugh at someone's stupidity, but it is wrong to post to bring them down so you feel better, I think they taught that in grade school? I came here and I got a lot of people who either helped me by leading me or just shoving me out of the nest and it did help, I'm a alright game creator because of it, I figured out my limitations, all that was because of this community, but now I see it as a few people who have their heads up their ass and can't take any heat because they're living in the past. Guys, it's a new day and a new owner, giving it a chance, change isn't going to kill any of us and I for one want to see what happens, this community will only evre be as good as the members let it be, so let's actually let it be great and not a cold place where no one really wants to be.

I never said I was fit for this job, I've never run a community. I've been a mod, dev, and admin here and many other places. I stepped up to the plate to save the site, no one else did. Hold on your complaints that relate to the old owner or anything you personally feel about me. I know I'll do fine, I have confidence. If you actually want to help the site that you think is going in such a bad direction, apply as a staff, gain stature and professionalism and feel free to give me input that's reasonable for the majority.

Otherwise, feel free to contribute with any abilities you have. Set an example, this is a new generation of eclipse realistically. Marshy dearest decided the path when he sold it, nothing will be exactly like the old days. I was there, the only people complaining are a select few veterans who were recently unbanned who haven't even given the change a chance. I haven't even been the owner for 24 hours yet and there's complaints when I haven't even had time to make changes, it just shows me the state of mind. Thanks to all of the members who believe. I hope that you keep supporting me and that I satisfy you, because you are the actual members of eclipse who seem to want it to be better.

I'm not here to prove anything to anyone, for the people saying how bad things will be, you should be proving to me that you actually want to make a change by doing the best on your part to contribute in any way instead of complaining all day, and on that note I'll be doing my part on the admin side.It's easy to type negatively in a topic, but what have you been doing for the community you love so much lately? I'm sure I'm doing a lot more than you.

Also a small edit, I apologize for losing my posture, I'm the owner already blowing up on things. I'm not perfect, I'll work on it… so in that sense I wasn't off to a great start and I really don't intend to argue back and forth with members, if you have a true concern please pm me with the details, I'm even willing to make polls about some suggestions to see if most members agree.

> I think part of the problem is that the people her are too serious, guys, this is a hobby, if you don't like the drama then don't take it. It's not a sin or anything to laugh at someone's stupidity, but it is wrong to post to bring them down so you feel better, I think they taught that in grade school? I came here and I got a lot of people who either helped me by leading me or just shoving me out of the nest and it did help, I'm a alright game creator because of it, I figured out my limitations, all that was because of this community, but now I see it as a few people who have their heads up their * and can't take any heat because they're living in the past. Guys, it's a new day and a new owner, giving it a chance, change isn't going to kill any of us and I for one want to see what happens, this community will only evre be as good as the members let it be, so let's actually let it be great and not a cold place where no one really wants to be.

Agree with this 100%, we need to all give him a chance he seems to be putting a lot of effort into it already, so im willing to give him a chance just like everyone else should be. He is better then amish already in my opinion he gave people what they have wanted, (eo 4 open source soon). But yet people still complain oh wells, ignore it kid you got the people you need supporting you thats all that matters.

P.s: Mohenjo remember when i fell in the trash can, sorry off topic lmao

Alright, I am not active by any means compared to the average eclipse user, I have used the engine, but this was a while back.

I know Dr. Yukiro, he bought this site for the explicit reason too bring it back to life, he is human though. He makes mistakes and he won't neccesarily be the best thing this site has to offer, but the difference is, he is trying to bring the site back to life where it hasn't been for quite some time from what I can gather. That's the biggest difference.

I wish you luck Dr. Yukiro, my friend.

No king can rule forever. Marshy dearest was like a noble king who never wanted anything back. Then we had Amish who wanted a lot back. Now we have a new king who is a mixture of the first two.

Eclipse was always a hobbyist community, but things evolve and improve. Just cause we have a lot of people who start from nothing doesn't mean the community can't make money. Back when Marshy dearest was accepting donations, that technically was making money - it just was not-for-profit. When a community makes profits, it can go back to the developers and be invested back into the community. You just offer a free open-source engine and there's no problem. You make money other ways such as plugins and people submitting commercial usable resources in a download section.

It's a good time to change it into a place where 2-D MMOs can really shine.

Marsh can very well tell you he lost more than he gained while having this site; Even with the donations, he was struggling and out his own pocket for the hosting cost every month.

Making the site free is fine, fine for who? People who complain, rant and raid all day; Not even wanting to follow simple guidelines? Pushing off new members and not allowing the flow of game making take its course? Downing and discouraging instead of being constructive and encouraging? Selling talents instead of trading talents? Bashing the only engine available (At the moment)?

I hate being real but damn guys. Donations and ads alone ain't gonna pay for the spot.

As you already said Seth; (This is a hobbyist community) How then can there be commercialization?

I dare not say members don't donate, they do & that's great. I wish I could; I would.

But is it enough? At the end of the month, is Yuki pulling out his pocket to pay for this **privilege**?

No, commercialization is great to have in a community as long as it isn't all that the community focuses on. Hobbyist communities never reach their full potential. We could make tutorials to help people make it, just like how Construct 2 does it for HTML5 games. You either sell an engine or sell plugins/resources. Not everything can be free guys, let's be real. If you are making a hobby-game, if it uses placeholder art who cares? If you want to make an actually good game, you're gonna have to fork over some cash or lots of time/dedication.

The community could pay people to put free resources out, too. That's part of giving back to the community.

there should be a   place on eclipse where we can sell our tutorials,interface gui for eclipse,pixel art, etc  and when someone buy it  [Dr.Yukiro](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/user/60740-dryukiro/) will get **5-10%** of that  so he can pay for hosting , just a idea heh.

some custom page that something

> there should be a   place on eclipse where we can sell our tutorials,interface gui for eclipse,pixel art, etc  and when someone buy it  [Dr.Yukiro](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/user/60740-dryukiro/) will get **5-10%** of that  so he can pay for hosting , just a idea heh.
>
> some custom page that something

No.

Kids, please.

This place was not designed from the beginning to have such things, even if in your minds everything feels like it could work, it won't.

There are lots of places to sell stuff, way better than Eclipse.

Keep it clean, let's see what they will come with, what amazing engine, wich will unite the people once again through tutorials and useless criticism.

Then, come with an idea that will help Eclipse, in a way or another.

> A place to sell tutorials and assets? You mean like the Unity store?
>
> Good grief.

Unity sucks. I hate that engine.

Unity is a generic engine, too. It doesn't really specialize in online games. Photon Cloud and such plugins enable it to do those things. Although, it is still a bloated engine.

Unity is not well designed? Then how come millions of developers including the top AAA brand names use it. EA owns the source code, they bought it just to study it. If you think you can make a better engine then Unity make one because you will make millions. People who say anything close to this statement dont even know how little they know. 

But anyway, lets not get into a Unity fight. I just find it odd how people state there unresearched personal opinion as fact.

> But is it enough? At the end of the month, is Yuki pulling out his pocket to pay for this **privilege**?

I agree with Richy here, this site truly is a privelage. Just being able to login every day, send a message in the shout box, and post a comment on a forum page is a privelage. It's a privelage that EO 4 is going to be free. It's a privelage that one day soon that EO 4 will be open source.It's a privelage that the next and newer version of the engine is going to be worked on. It's a privelage that we can even access this site at all.

While I can appreciate some of the resentment from some users… lord knows I threw a fit when Marsh sold the site to Amish, we have to remember things change.

Give it some time before you start complaining. Rome wasn't built in a day!

I'm sure that there are going to be some hurdles along the way. If you feel like something needs to change then let someone on the staff know, and the staff can collaborate and decide if its a good step for the site. But remember at the end of the day it is now Yukiro's site. If he wants to change this place to a MLP site (what a glorious day that was!) its his choice. Granted he would lose a lot if not all members, so it is in his best interest to listen to the community. He's offering the engine for free now so his intentions are not monetary so lets give him a chance to steer the site in a direction that makes everyone happy.

I would love to see the site go back to its glory days. Back when all sections of the site were active.

So please lets stop griping... and all work together to make this site fun again.   

Good luck new leader! :)

> I just thought i would ask if there is any news when eo4 4.3 will be due for release? i dont wana spend months building a game in the wrong engine :D

Don't worry, the engine is backwards compatible, so you can start in 4.2 right now, and it will be compatible with 4.3, and onwards _most likely_.