Find results in...

Modification(S) 2.6 Nova

Richy420Rich

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ashtray.:

> On this version i'm no longer getting the music error, now it simply refuses to give me any music or sound at all lol, tried enabling music and sound through the config and it loaded up just fine but will not play the music and will not activate the sounds, tried enabling in game and that failed as well.

The version only plays .mid files for music and .wav files for sound. This was all done on a clean EO 2.0 copy which I have not messed with sound or music on. so I don't know where your problem is.

@Sickey:

> This Mod is great Richy! :D But could you make like, Instead of "walking" on a shop tile you can talk to the NPC instead to open the shop :P

You can use a scripted NPC call for shop..
```
SendOpenShop index, shopnum
```
@zzuurraa:

> Found Bug in pet system when you warp to another map pet stays in previous map

Will look into this when I get home later on today.

@Richy:

> The version only plays .mid files for music and .wav files for sound. This was all done on a clean EO 2.0 copy which I have not messed with sound or music on. so I don't know where your problem is.

Downloaded and ran a clean version of EO2b, Music ran fine, sound ran fine.

Downloaded and ran a fresh copy of Nova2.6, all settings on default, Music did not load, sound did not load, everything else worked fine.

@Ashtray.:

> Downloaded and ran a clean version of EO2b, Music ran fine, sound ran fine.
>
> Downloaded and ran a fresh copy of Nova2.6, all settings on default, Music did not load, sound did not load, everything else worked fine.

Okay I see the problem, I'll have her fixed when I get home.

@Sickey:

> You can use a scripted NPC call for shop..
> ```
> SendOpenShop index, shopnum
> ```
> lol would be great if VB worked for me >.> Anyways thanks and where am I supposed to add it?
> (Yes I know im newbie  :sad: )

Well if VB don't work for you then I guess you can't add it but if you could, it can be added in modQuest as a custom coded NPC. I'll see if I can figure some options out for the quest editor to allow things like this.

Okay I'm updating a couple fixes and additions… I don't know why but I can't seem to get the pet spawning right after player warps to another map. Maybe because I have pets as spells now, I'm just gonna call a disband and players will have to re-cast a spell to summon the pet on the new map. Since it should be a spell anyway and not an all-day pet. So that's what it is, hopefully the pets should leave map when client closes and/or server closes, hopefully.. I don't know yet how it affects player to player screens, hopefully that shouldn't be a problem either.

As for resources/jobs, I've added multi-item resources/jobs that can give up to 10 different items on level progression... Not too sure if there's any bugs involved with this, from what I've tested, I haven't had any crashes but I am getting an error log on Robin's client debugger lol. I think it may have to do with sending some 0's through packet, so make sure to set all 10 multi-items, if you have use for only 3 or 5 or 7 or whatever, set the rest to the final reward you want to give players and set the level at 100 so it'll just stop the loop at 100 giving the player the final item if they are level 100 in that job, if they're not lv 100, it'll give the previous item for what their level is / and what is set.. I set it to 10 items because I will be using all 10 slots in a project.

I also fixed music and sound, the options were not working right and the default sound/music is set to on, I had them turned off in the earlier release.

That will be it for this release, I will update whenever I find the time (because I will be starting my project very soon).

Hello Richie! and hello to all)
error in this series):
@Zetasis:

> So for some reason when ever I try to save before compiling the client I get this error.
>
> [![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/49b4a5b5a2115a7c954edc1d32413c67.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#49b4a5b5a2115a7c954edc1d32413c67.png)
>
> I'm not sure why I am getting it but it only happens with this mod. I really like this mod but I can't add anything without getting this error.

Tried to change the admin panel and ran out the error mentioned above)
The error was corrected after the removal of Flash)
if the problem is solved by a link to solve the problem)

@zzuurraa:

> Found bug :) (again) when you summon pet and go to another map and go to the previous, map second map, blends with first map . ( this is awful belive me :D )

I did experience it on the last update and it was because I changed the server load routine but I changed it back to it's original load on the newest update and have not experienced it since. I'll test the hell out of it and see if I can reproduce it. I know it's awful which is why I want to make sure it won't happen again.

EDIT: Yeah I see it, something I added was stuffing it up, I fixed it and uploaded the new download link.

~~So I have done working on GUI (it's made on last version 2.6 + map and pet (half) fix )
here is link for Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?96hzn86o6ri4rmj
If there would be any mistake or something like that post :cheesy: :cheesy:~~

I have uploaded wrong version  :P  :cheesy:
here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/?mh9jd5yj9dqfxsy

Hello i found bug with sprites. When i have 210+ sprites and change my or npc sprite  to 3200 i see only blank, nothing.
Could you change in next version max number of sprites and maps ?

Please answer or give line where i can change it.

@Marcin55:

> Hello i found bug with sprites. When i have 210+ sprites and change my or npc sprite  to 3200 i see only blank, nothing.
> Could you change in next version max number of sprites and maps ?
>
> Please answer or give line where i can change it.

This is not bug it is only limit, I thing if you add more , client would blow up or destroy :cheesy:

@Marcin55:

> Hello i found bug with sprites. When i have 210+ sprites and change my or npc sprite  to 3200 i see only blank, nothing.
> Could you change in next version max number of sprites and maps ?
>
> Please answer or give line where i can change it.

There's no limit on sprites, just make sure sprite number 211 is in your folder, and is .bmp format. It will not load any more sprites if there's a split number in the count.
As for maps, you can change the MAX_MAPS constant in both Client and Server under modConstants if you have VB6.

@DishWasher:

> is realy answome now O__O
>
> can you say,please,if you add some other sub than Lighting-Pet-System for pet System
>
> I wanna rip :}

Sorry to bust your marbles but you can't rip something that's already been basically given lol.

@Mattt183:

> Would the quest log work for a different quest system?

Yup it's possible if done right..