Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Modification(S) 2.6 Nova

Richy420Rich

@Richy:

> Just custom code an item to do it.

I would if I knew how to code that out. :p, sorry I'm a noob. I know how to code in a item, but I dont know how to set up that code.
I just need the item to change your sprite and increase all stats by 20.
If you are already transformed the item will change your sprite back, and decrease all of your stats by 20.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ayevdayev:

> I would if I knew how to code that out. :p, sorry I'm a noob. I know how to code in a item, but I dont know how to set up that code.
> I just need the item to change your sprite and increase all stats by 20.
> If you are already transformed the item will change your sprite back, and decrease all of your stats by 20.

Basically you just create a new UDT in modTypes under PlayerRec (Right before End Type).

```
ItemUsed(1 to MAX_ITEMS) As Boolean
```
This will allow you to create the switch (on or off) for any item number you deem fit.

In modItem, Add the first piece right after Public Sub ItemScript(index, Script)
```
Dim i as Long
```
Next, add in the item code under your item number as case.
```
If Player(index).ItemUsed(Int(Script)) = False then
SetPlayerSprite index, 'New Sprite Number
For i = 1 To Stats.Stat_Count - 1
SetPlayerStat index, i, GetPlayerRawStat(index, i) + 20
Next
Player(index).ItemUsed(Int(Script)) = True
Else
SetPlayerSprite index, 'Old Sprite Number
For i = 1 To Stats.Stat_Count - 1
SetPlayerStat index, i, GetPlayerRawStat(index, i) - 20
Next
Player(index).ItemUsed(Int(Script)) = False
End If
```
Just a freehanded code, untested.

I won't be offering anymore coding help from here on out. First off, this is the wrong topic to be asking for coding help, secondly, I'm just offering the engine mod, not the tutorials of how to work it. Third off, yeah.. Reefer to 1 and 2\. :)

@MiszMasz:

> Hi, i have problem with pet system, i can't summon it.
> I doĀ  npc and set its behaviour as pet, lets say it's number is 150.
> Then i do a item on nubmer 150 too, next i'm going to modItem and this:
>
> >! Case 1
> 'Item Num 150 = npc num 150
> Exit Sub
> Help, i'm begginer of eclipse :p and sory for my bad english :s

I was having this problem as well at first, I just quit using this after I got really mad at it.

Made a couple updates in 2.6

Added Pet summoning via Spells (Create Npc as Pet, Create Spell as Pet - Select Pet Npc Num to summon)
Added Multi-Pet leveling, (Only 1 pet can be summoned at one time - But all pets can be leveled.)
Added MAX_LEVEL checks for Pet and Player. Just to prevent overflowing EXP. (Will need to add the check in Quest editor and Party members too)
Added Modification(S) Credits to the Credits GUI.
Added Pet Disband in Pet Window.
Added Scan on Server Load to wipe Pets off maps incase of server crashing.

Hey Richy, I hosted the Modification(S) Nova 2.6 in direct link.

If you want to add to topic, be free xD:

http://sevenwars.webs.com/Engines/Modification(S)%202.6%20Nova.rar

Yeah, the host is from Webs, muohahaha.

(Sorry my bad english, I'm brazilian)

Suggestion to add in resurces something like afther level 5 you can get better items from that tree.
example:
level 1: brach or smtn :D
afther level 5: as example oak logs
afther level 20: Bird's egg :D
Items based on level.
Sry if you don't understund, I'm not good at English. ^^

Yeah it's something I wanted to look into, because creating new resources for the same type but for a better purpose would suckā€¦ I also have to look into adding resource text description option for the job logs, which I've had problems with on my last attempt, I may look into both later on though, I'm exhausted at this moment.

not sure if this is where this goes but I had a question.I just downloaded the new mod andĀ  I was trying to add this spell scaling to the 'set vital the same one i added to the last mod and it worked

>! Vital = Spell(spellnum).Vital
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Vital = Round((Vital * 0.7)) * Round((Player(index).Level * 1.14)) * Round((Stats.Intelligence + (Stats.Willpower / 2)))

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  If Spell(spellnum).Type = SPELL_TYPE_HEALHP Then
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Vital = Vital + Round((GetPlayerStat(index, Stats.Willpower) * 0.6))
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  End If

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  If Spell(spellnum).Type = SPELL_TYPE_DAMAGEHP Then
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Vital = Vital + Round((GetPlayerStat(index, Stats.Intelligence) * 0.6))

but i get this compile error at the end of 'send vitals to party if in one (Block If without End if)

>! ' send vitals to party if in one
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  If TempPlayer(index).inParty > 0 Then SendPartyVitals TempPlayer(index).inParty, index

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  TempPlayer(index).SpellCD(spellslot) = GetTickCount + (Spell(spellnum).CDTime * 1000)
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Call SendCooldown(index, spellslot)
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  SendActionMsg MapNum, Trim$(Spell(spellnum).Name) & "!", BrightRed, ACTIONMSG_SCROLL, GetPlayerX(index) * 32, GetPlayerY(index) * 32
Ā  Ā  End If
End Sub <ā€“-

@Justn:

> not sure if this is where this goes but I had a question.I just downloaded the new mod andĀ  I was trying to add this spell scaling to the 'set vital the same one i added to the last mod and it worked
>
> >! Vital = Spell(spellnum).Vital
> Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Vital = Round((Vital * 0.7)) * Round((Player(index).Level * 1.14)) * Round((Stats.Intelligence + (Stats.Willpower / 2)))
> Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
> Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  If Spell(spellnum).Type = SPELL_TYPE_HEALHP Then
> Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Vital = Vital + Round((GetPlayerStat(index, Stats.Willpower) * 0.6))
> Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  End If
> Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
> Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  If Spell(spellnum).Type = SPELL_TYPE_DAMAGEHP Then
> Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Vital = Vital + Round((GetPlayerStat(index, Stats.Intelligence) * 0.6))
>
> but i get this compile error at the end of 'send vitals to party if in one (Block If without End if)
>
> >! ' send vitals to party if in one
> Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  If TempPlayer(index).inParty > 0 Then SendPartyVitals TempPlayer(index).inParty, index
> Ā  Ā  Ā 
> Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  TempPlayer(index).SpellCD(spellslot) = GetTickCount + (Spell(spellnum).CDTime * 1000)
> Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Call SendCooldown(index, spellslot)
> Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  SendActionMsg MapNum, Trim$(Spell(spellnum).Name) & "!", BrightRed, ACTIONMSG_SCROLL, GetPlayerX(index) * 32, GetPlayerY(index) * 32
> Ā  Ā  End If
> End Sub <ā€“-

Because you forgot an End If on the last line of the first code, now please, this isn't where you post code errors unless it's one of my codes.

@Alatar:

> Hey nice work on this mod! A lot of custom features that you've added. I've downloaded the project and works like charm, at least what i could test. Keep on that :D

@Ambard:

> Oh my god! Incredible work Richy. Looks like I will have an Eclipse version of Ambardia up after all.

Haha, EO is very clean inside the source, can't say that now with my additions, but yeah. It very well allowed me easy access to add alot. :P

On this version i'm no longer getting the music error, now it simply refuses to give me any music or sound at all lol, tried enabling music and sound through the config and it loaded up just fine but will not play the music and will not activate the sounds, tried enabling in game and that failed as well.

Here I am working at better GUIĀ  here are some demos
![](http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1531/80049815.png)
![](http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2971/95015730.png)
![](http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9798/70622554.png)
![](http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6770/75965253.png)