Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Modification(S) 2.6 Nova

Richy420Rich

I honestly don't know what the error is, because I have never gotten it, seriously.
There might still be a problem with my VB6 and probably corrupting the sources, but I don't know how it can work for some and not for others, I'm not a mastermind so I won't be figuring it out. Sorry man.

@Ashtray.:

> Strange, still getting the exact same RTE "5" error.. Also when you released 2.4 I had no issues at all..

Where are you within the client when the RTE 5 occurs?

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Richy:

> I honestly don't know what the error is, because I have never gotten it, seriously.
> There might still be a problem with my VB6 and probably corrupting the sources, but I don't know how it can work for some and not for others, I'm not a mastermind so I won't be figuring it out. Sorry man.
>
> Where are you within the client when the RTE 5 occurs?

While it's loading (gives the error right after loading), also I was able to load the client source with no problem at all, though when running it I came across the same error on this line in ModSound "Set Segment = Loader.LoadSegment(App.Path & MUSIC_PATH & fileName)"

I said earlier that I was having no problems with the new version but I found out that was a lie. I forgot to try and edit frmMain before I even posted for some reason. Must have been really tired and not paying attention much.

I have zero problems with Mod 2.0 so I'll probably be going with that. It doesn't have the pet system but I can try and add that myself. As for the problems I'm guessing it either has to do something with the NPC speech and the face as well as something with the flash addition but I could and am probably wrong.

I am using Windows 7 and I thought maybe that was the reason but when I loaded it up on my other computer with XP I tried to just open frmMain and it would shut down my VB6 with a microsoft error report. I could load up any other form and save it with no problems but if I opened frmMain it crashed. At least when I open it with my computer with Windows 7 I get an unspecified error screen but it doesn't shut down.

(Quoting Myself…)
@ayevdayev:

> Origins is awesome and has everything needed to make a good game, BUT. I just wanted to make a nooby suggestion. What about Buffs? Not spells, but buffs that increase your stats for a set amount of time, and then there is a cool down time and all that. Maybe it can also change your sprite? I don't think it's such a bad suggestion, just really hard to make.

I just wanted to ask, maybe this could be added to Modification(S)?
-Just a suggestion-

Hmm, I don't know if it's me cuz Im new too this, but the Quest thing Is bugged like hell,

I open the Quest Editor on the server side
and take the Killin as a Quest type I get the error  "Run time error 9: Subscript out of range"

And even If I take an other type of quest it dosen't work, dosent show up in the Quest log. (ofc I save)

Or am I doing something wrong?

And by the way, I love this engine!
Im an old elysium diamond user, way back ago haha :)

ok i have no quest for quest #1 i only have 1 for  quest #2\. I need help because the quest log doesnt show any quess D: please help me because i eally need to fix that.

the quest still works, just not the log, i removed everything on quest #1 and made a npc for quest #2\. please tell me the problem

@ayevdayev:

> (Quoting Myself…)
> I just wanted to ask, maybe this could be added to Modification(S)?
> -Just a suggestion-

Just custom code an item to do it.

@beastage123:

> ok i have no quest for quest #1 i only have 1 for  quest #2\. I need help because the quest log doesnt show any quess D: please help me because i eally need to fix that.
>
> the quest still works, just not the log, i removed everything on quest #1 and made a npc for quest #2\. please tell me the problem

It's imperative the first NPC needs to be a quest for the quest log to work, otherwise it will error out. Just go head and set the second quest to the first npc.

I'll look into trying to fix it later though.

ok, how do i set it to the 1rst one? or do i have to just edo the npc and stuf.. xD but anyway, it says my inetory is full when i try to turn in the quest :( how do i fix that problem?

Edit: I just made it into the 1st quest and the log works now, but says invetory is full D:

2nd Edit: nvm i figured it out ^^ thanks

I was playing through some killing quests and i noticed you have to kill the npcs yourself, even if you're in a party you don't get the kill count unless you kill the target. Is there any way i could fix it so while in a party you will get the kill count as all party members kill the quest npcs?

Hi, i have problem with pet system, i can't summon it.
I do  npc and set its behaviour as pet, lets say it's number is 150.
Then i do a item on nubmer 150 too, next i'm going to modItem and this:

>! Case 1
'Item Num 150 = npc num 150
Exit Sub
Help, i'm begginer of eclipse :p and sory for my bad english :s

@ThugAngel:

> I was playing through some killing quests and i noticed you have to kill the npcs yourself, even if you're in a party you don't get the kill count unless you kill the target. Is there any way i could fix it so while in a party you will get the kill count as all party members kill the quest npcs?

Yup you can do something like this in modCombat / PlayerAttackNPC

```
                ' Record a NPC Quest kill
                If TempPlayer(Attacker).inParty Then
        For n = 1 To MAX_PARTY_MEMBERS

For i = 1 To MAX_QUEST
        If Player(n).IsKillQuest(i) = True Then

If Player(n).NPCKills(npcNum) >= QuestMaker(i).KillsNeeded(npcNum) Then
        Player(n).IsKillQuest(i) = False
        Call SpeechWindow(n, "Quest Note: " & Trim(QuestMaker(i).QuestName) & " have been completed, speak to the quest giver.", i, 1)
        Exit For
        Else
        Player(n).NPCKills(npcNum) = Int(Player(n).NPCKills(npcNum)) + 1
        Call PlayerMsg(n, "" & Player(n).NPCKills(npcNum) & "/" & QuestMaker(i).KillsNeeded(npcNum) & " kills", Yellow)
        Exit For
        End If
        End If
        Next
        Next
        End If

```
I freehanded it so I don't know if it'll work 100% correctly, but it looks like it should.

@zzuurraa:

> There is a bug in pets system.When you summon pet , turn off server and turn it on back again the pet is like a npc walks around

Yup, don't close the server with the X.. Close it by clicking 'Shut Down' or 'Exit' within the Server Control tab. I've yet to find a way to remove pets from maps on server load.

@MiszMasz:

> Hi, i have problem with pet system, i can't summon it.
> I do  npc and set its behaviour as pet, lets say it's number is 150.
> Then i do a item on nubmer 150 too, next i'm going to modItem and this:
>
> >! Case 1
> 'Item Num 150 = npc num 150
> Exit Sub
> Help, i'm begginer of eclipse :p and sory for my bad english :s

Follow the example already in modItem under Case 10.. Then make sure your Case Number = Item Script Number. Your Item Number should also = Pet NPC Number.

@MiszMasz:

> Up@
> I doesn't work :/ Item number is 2, npc number is 2 too.
> In modItem:
>
> >! Case 2
> 'Item Num 2 = Pet NPC Num 2
> Exit Sub
> When I clicked on the script item nothing happens :/

I said follow the example code in Case 10…

Paste this in Case 2 in between Case 2 and Exit Sub
```
If Player(index).Pet.IsOut = True Then
  PetDisband index, GetPlayerMap(index), Int(Script)
    SendMap index, GetPlayerMap(index)
    PlayerWarp index, GetPlayerMap(index), GetPlayerX(index), GetPlayerY(index)
    Else
        SpawnPet index, GetPlayerMap(index), Int(Script)
        End If

```