Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Online Odyssey

SkywardRiver

![](http://s21.postimg.org/m1ejkjhxz/cooltext1863833491.png)

Eclipse Online Odyssey will be a player driven game designed to be a drive/motivation for the Eclipse Community, Skywyre, and for me. The game will feature a sprawling open world with dynamic Npc relations, hidden crypts, impossibly hard raids and dungeons, and flat out lore-rich fun!

~Features~

>! ~A Diverse Crafting System~
>! Crafting in EOO will not be essential, but will be highly rewarding. Gold is not a common thing in the land of Cerratar. Merchants will pay quite handsomely for some quality crafted gear. Of course, crafting your own gear is beneficial as well, seeing as how the merchants also charge ridiculous amounts for basic gear…
>!  
>! ~Low HP/SP Regen~
>! An added level of difficulty. You'll have to bide your time when engaging in fights. In great numbers, even the smallest of enemies can be deadly…
>!  
>! ~Party Only Raids~
>! Now, make no mistake, there will be raids open to all, but there WILL be party exclusive raids as well. These will generally be more difficult but will also have better loot.
>!  
>! ~Paperdolled Gear~
>! That's right. Every single piece of the vast armory will be paperdolled. With individual tints, every item will feel unique. How cool would it be to be walking around with a blood-red Reaper's Scythe? Pretty darn cool I would think.
>!  
>! ~Flashy Display~
>! DX8 grants me the ability to make this game visually appealing.
>!  
>! ~Quests~
>! Quests with integration of the Event System is sure going to be causing an uproar. This grants me the ability to make INCREDIBLY deep questlines where you'll actually care about the outcome.
>!  
>! ~Guilds~
>! Buddy up with your friends and form a Guild!
>!  
>! ~Allegiances~
>! Of the many factions running amok in Cerratar, you can choose one to ally with. This will grant you a specific bonus depending on what faction you choose, and will also grant you passage to certain maps that would otherwise make you a sheep in a wolf's den.
>!  
>! ~Stamina~
>! Nearly every item you'll carry has a weight to it. Carry too much and you can't run! This is extremely dangerous, as some monsters can run faster than you can. If you get pinned down, you're finished…
>!  
>! ~Ranged Combat~
>! Ranged combat includes Staffs, Wands, and Bows. Bows have ammo while magical bombardment does not. Even some NPC's can hit you with ranged attacks! Yikes!
>!  
>! ~Spell Evolution~
>! If you use a spell enough, you can level it up! Each spell/skill has multiple levels and at max rank will grant a special bonus!
>!  
>! ~Class Advancement~
>! At level 25, you will be given a choice of what class to advance to! Make your choice carefully as each class has it's own strengths and weaknesses!
>!  
>! ~Streamlined Day/Night System~
>! The day/night cycle in EOO is impressive and crucial to gameplay. Watch as the day slowly grows darker and turn to night! The Night lets out some nasty monsters, so don't go randomly exploring in the dark!
>!  
>! ~Stealth System~
>! Some skills can grant you the ability of Stealth for the allotted amount of time. Stealth allows you to pass through unseen by NPC's and Players alike! If you attack from Stealth, you land a Stealth Hit, a very powerful crit-like attack! 
>!  
>! ~Mount System~
>! Mounts are in! With two different types of mounts, Combat Mounts and Racing Mounts, mounts give a new fresh take and style to Eclipse Online Odyssey!
>!  
>! ~Setting~
>!
>! The land of Cerratar is a hostile, uncivilized wilderness shrouded in mystery. You are a Desticar, an individual able to freely determine their own fate. While the forces of the land wage war for the control of Cerratar, you are free to pick one to ally with and fight alongside them.
>!  
>! Your story is your own and each choice you make can greatly effect what becomes of you. Each playthrough your story can be different. Will you kill that bewitched farmer or try to save him? Which faction will you align with? What's more important to you: gold or favor?
>!  
>! Every choice you make (even the subconscious ones) can affect what can happen to your character in this game.
>!  
>! (So make the right choices ;))
>!  
>!  
>! ~Screenshots~
>!
>! ![](http://snag.gy/XS5NG.jpg)
>!  
>! ![](http://snag.gy/6l0V8.jpg)
>! ![](http://snag.gy/atU6U.jpg)
>!  
>! ![](http://s28.postimg.org/72h3x58j1/Mount.png)
>! ![](http://s23.postimg.org/r0zx04scb/Mount_Bear.png)
>! ![](http://s27.postimg.org/p993peq4z/Mount_Dragon.png)
>!  
>!  
>! ~Latest News~
>!
>! >! Hey Guys!
>!  
>! Sorry it's been so long since my last Dev Log. I can't help what happens in life.
>!  
>! Anyways, let's move on to what I've done:
>!  
>! **_New Terrain System_**
>!  
>! So far, there are 7 terrain types. I won't go through them all, but I'll give you an example:
>!  
>! You see seemingly walkable terrain atop a cliff. Unfortunately, you can't climb it!
>!  
>! But wait! You just got those scaling boots from Dakkar the Farmer! With these, you can now traverse that cliff!
>!  
>! Cliff-climbing isn't the only new addition though. You'll also have to walk across magma, soar through the sky, engage in underwater exploration, and hover above pools of sticky fluid!
>!  
>! **In-Game Memberships**
>!  
>! This is not, nor will it ever be a pay to win game.
>!  
>! Memberships exist so that I can fund the game's development and server. The bonuses of becoming a member are, but not limited to, this:
>!  
>! Membership Exclusive Items - Every Player can find these items, however, only Members can equip these items. They are generally ALOT more rare than the standard items, but make up for this in the tiniest of stat improvements over the standard items.
>!  
>! Membership Exclusive Maps - These maps are only open to Members. While they may not be all that exciting, some will have exclusive Member shops and special enemies to face off against.
>!  
>! Donor's Cloak - If you, at any point, become a member you will be awarded with a Donor's Cloak.
>!  
>! Early Access - As a Member, you will be able to access new content a week before the general public.
>!  
>! So far, the estimated price for a Membership Subscription is $5.00 USD _or_ 35 _meaningful _Wiki Contributions. This means if you cannot afford the $5.00 USD for a membership you are still able to get one, with hard work.
>!  
>! That's it for now. Let me know what you think and be sure to follow this project and visit our website at Skywyre.net
>!  
>! Thank you
>!  
>!
>! Hey there!
>! So today we're going to be talking about Mounts.
>!  
>! Mounts are a brand new feature that I've just added in today, but I'm quite excited about them!
>!  
>! ![](http://s28.postimg.org/72h3x58j1/Mount.png)
>! ![](http://s23.postimg.org/r0zx04scb/Mount_Bear.png)
>! Mounts are extremely useful in the game. Depending on your Mount type (Racing Mount or Combat Mount), mounts do different things.
>! ~Racing Mount~
These mounts heavily increase your movement speed regardless of your stamina, however, they can only be used while outside of combat. With 5 different mount speeds, try and find the fastest mount you can to win races! Winning races will give you various rewards from EXP to nice items!
>! Racing mounts usually take the forms of Horses or Chocobo esc creatures. (and also goats and cows!)
>! ~Combat Mount~
Combat mounts _slightly_ increase movement speed while ignoring stamina, but they are not as fast as Racing mounts. They can be used in combat and even offer boosts to Armor and Damage (depending on the mount)
>! Combat mounts can take any form and at the moment include Bears, Dragons, and Tigers!
>! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdkwxAfRESI&feature=youtu.be
>! Well, that's all for today!
>! ~SkywardRiver
>!  
>! Want to help?
>!  
>! Sometime in the near future I'm going to need a few positions filled:
>!  
>! ~~1\. Server Host~~
>! ~~Preferably somewhere in the US or Canada with good connection.~~
>!  
>! ~~2\. Mapper~~
>! ~~I'm an okay mapper, but I take a long time to do so. We'll need a talented mapper!~~
>!  
>! 3\. Moderators ~~(2)~~ One more!
>! This is for when the game is released, but we'll need a few Mods on to govern/settle disputes and help out wherever they can.
>!  
>! Interested in one of these positions? PM me!
>!  
>! More info coming soon! You can check out my Dev Logs [here](http://www.skywyre.net/community/index.php?forums/dev-logs.37/)
>!  
>! ~SkywardRiver

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then, given the good feedback on this project page so far, I'll give you guys this:

Howdy!

So I'm on vacation right now and I haven't been able to work on Eclipse Online Odyssey as much as I'd like to, but I've done some work today, so I'll be sharing that with you just to let you know that I'm still alive and working!

So I've created a new class of Weapons for the game, but as this is the first you're all hearing of Weapon Classes, I'll fill you in on everything

As of now, there are several separate Weapons Classes:

~Swords~

Swords, or (short)swords, are 1-handed weapons that deal moderate damage at moderate speeds, usually around 1s swing time. Depending on the sword, weight is usually fairly low. Swords are ideal for those wishing to wield a shield and attack at a moderate speed.

~Longswords~

Longswords are 2-handed weapons that deal high-end damage at slower speeds, usually around 1.5s swing time. Longswords usually weight a hefty amount. Longswords are perfect for a 'Berserker' type play style; those wishing to deal lot's of damage but have low protections.

~Daggers~

Daggers are 1-handed weapons that deal light amounts of damage with high-end speeds, usually around .5 to .7s swing times. Dagger's weigh very little and are ideal for players that want to get in and out of a skirmish while getting off a nice amount of damage in the process.

~Staffs~

Staffs are magical 2-handed weapons that launch ranged attacks that deal scaling damage at slow speeds, usually around 2s. Staffs scale off of Intelligence and do not require ammo. Staffs are ideal for players wishing to play a 'Mage' play style.

~Bows~

Bows are 2-handed ranged weapons that deal moderate damage at slower speeds, usually around 1.5s launch speeds. Bows weigh moderate amounts and scale off of Agility. Bows use ammo and are ideal for those wishing to deal a good amount of damage from afar.

*NEW*

~Spears~

Spears are 1-handed weapons that deal incredible damage at terribly slow speeds, usually around 2.5s swing times. Spears weigh moderate amounts and are ideal for players who wish to deal lots of damage while having the protection of a shield.

~Special~

These weapons don't fall into any category and can literally be anything. An example of this would be 'Death's Scythe' or the 'Ivy Rapier'.

So those are the Weapon Classes!

Next dev blog I'll try to include info on the Armor Classes and such.

Till then:

SkywardRiver

I'm probably going to be adding "Wands" as a weapon class as well. We'll see :)

> Nice features and good progress. So far the only thing I'm not big on is the RMXP graphics but I can move past that. I'll be keeping an eye this.

Yikes! Thought I replied yesterday D:

Yeah, I can agree with the whole RMXP thing, but I just have such a vast amount of resources for it, it's kinda hard to pass up :/

So today we're going to be talking about Relics.

Relics are hideously rare items that usually have something to do with my past. They are in honor of individuals that I have worked with before, played games with before, or just generally created fond memories with.

One example would be back in the day when Me, Cepru, and Seb were involved in a item designing game I made for EE. One of the results was this:

![](http://s1.postimg.org/3w2b0b8an/relic.png)

Relics are really just fun Easter Eggs to find, but some do have some nice perks. For instance, Crusader's Shield will not allow the wielder to be struck by critical strikes.

As time goes by, naturally more memories will be made and more Relics in turn.

Well, that's all the news for today. I'll give out more info tomorrow.

~SkywardRiver

I'm looking to spend a year and a half + on this project. I'm gonna try and create the most quality project on Eclipse. After it's said and done I'm gonna release the source (don't hold your breath, this is gonna be a LONG time) and then move on to Unity.

If the game gets a lot of players I'll continue to make content.