Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Online Odyssey

SkywardRiver

> Been keeping with it since the beginning, Sky. Nice amount of progress, still hope it turns out well.

Thanks mate. Recently there's been a slight lapse in development due to some personal issues, but I'm hoping to amp it up here in due time. Look for more pics and info soon ya'll!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys!

So, first off, sorry for the recent lapse in development. I had several personal issues to sort out as well as school work.

Expect to see alot more dev work going down here in the next few days.

What's new this Dev Log:

~Memberships~

Memberships are now fully functional in-game and are now for sale. Look to the store tab. I would advise against purchasing a membership at the moment, seeing as how the game is not yet released, but it's there if you're interested.

~Offline Player Editor~

With our new Offline Player Editor, we can now edit player's accounts while they're offline. This helps for multitudes of reasons. From editing player's inventories when they win an in-game reward to granting memberships to offline players, this offline editor is sure to help a ton when the game is released.

In other news, I'll be holding a poll here rather shortly to help decide a key mechanic of the game. All those who vote will be put in a random draw. The winner shall receive a special item in-game!

Well, that about sums it up for this Dev Log!

Good hunting!

• 2 weeks later...
Dev Log #10

In this dev log I'll be going over the new features that have made it into the official build of EOO, as well as some bug fixes and optimizations.

~Survival Arena~
That's right. Over the course of the game, you will be given the opportunity to fight in Survival Arenas. These arenas will test your limits as while inside of an arena, you don't regenerate Health or Spirit, mounting is not allowed, and you must survive the entire Night with waves of enemies coming upon you. Victory in these arenas is sounded with the coming of the dawn! Victory means fantastic rewards, while defeat in the Arena means a demeaning loss of EXP. It is recommended to bring a friend or two to fight in the Arena with you, if not to claim victory with you, then to sacrifice to the more dangerous mobs…

![](http://s18.postimg.org/xyn1f6nrd/Arena.png)

~New Gear~
Lots of new gear has been added to EOO, with much more to come. With nearly 150 pieces of _equipment_ alone, I'd estimate I'm about halfway done with gear for v1.0.0\. Of course, future updates will bring MUCH more gear down the road, an estimated 300 pieces of equipment is no small number for a Max Level 30 Launch.

~Honor Tokens~
Honor Tokens are a unique item given to those who display valor and kindheartedness in EOO. They can be used to purchase special items at select shops.

~Blood Tokens~
Blood Tokens are awarded to those who slay another in the wild. These too, can be traded for special items at select shops.

~Rewarding Exploration~
I've been working on adding secretive areas that aren't going to be found unless really looking for hidden areas. Some may even require more than one Terrain type to access.

Well, that's it for this Dev Log! Be sure to share your thoughts and/or suggestions below!

Heyo!

So, in this Dev Log we'll be taking a look at some of the new features that have made it into the official build of EOO.

~Dynamic Weather System~

This is fantastic! Now each map can have an assigned Weather Pattern (editable through the new Weather Editor) and depending on the Pattern and a randomly changing forecast, the map can have any weathers assigned to the weather pattern. This means that whole regions can have the same weather pattern and start raining at the same time. Maybe a sandstorm in Derok? A hail in the forests? Who knows!

This new feature really opens up the dynamics of the game and give it a new sense of realism!

~Container Items~

New container items can be purchased with Big Bux! Upon use these containers grant you a random item from an assigned array. Will you be lucky enough to get the rare piece of gear?

~Lostlake Dungeon~

I'm happy to report that the Lostlake Dungeon, the hardest available dungeon at Launch, is nearing completion! The dungeon will involve having to fight your way to switches that will unlock the Crypt below! Be wary of the Crypt, however, for a tremendously powerful Boss awaits you below…!

Well, that about covers it for this Dev Log! Be sure to keep checking in to see what's up in EOO!

• 1 month later...