Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was robbed

SawQuart

Random Story Time!

Today I was robbed by 2 guys. Nobody was home but my dog (who suffered no injuries), and almost all the computers in the house were taken.

While you might think this is horrible, I lol'd for 2 reasons.

1\. They took the Macs instead of my PC. I assume it's because Macs are ridiculously priced, but we have the impression that they weren't taking things to sell. The guy at the Apple Store had a chuckle when we told him about that.

2\. The Wii they took had Call Of Duty: Black Ops in it. I know my friend code, so if the Wii ever connects to the internet, I can chat with them.

If they ever get caught and go to court, I want to go just to make fun of them for stealing the Macs over the PC since they are obvious hardcore Apple fans.

**Update**
The police caught 2 people running around the neighborhood shortly after we reported the robbery. Both of them fled police, and 1 was caught. This one man has a history of theft, but is over 200 lbs, and doubtingly would've fit through the window the thieves busted to get in.

If you guys have any idea on how to track Macs, Wii's, or the iPod Touch they took, please offer me suggestions. I'll be looking on EBay to see if they post any stuff there.

**Update 2**
Here is a list of what they've taken:
-2 MacBook Pros
-1 Wii
-Call of Duty: Black Ops
-4 Wiimotes w/ Nunchucks
-$92 worth of Quarters (enjoy the inflation rate female dogs)
-$60 worth of pennies (soon to be worthless)
-$20 worth of cash
-1 iPod Touch (w/ camera and passcode lock lol)
-1 bag ($40 value)
-and some more shit, we're still looking around

**Update**
More Items Stolen:
-Wedding Ring with my mother's name on it, just a simple brass ring(Why would they take that?)
-Sister's Piggy Bank

Items Found:
-My money (it turns out my mother rearranged my room that day, hiding the coin bank)
-Mouth Guards (location=near the low income area, in an Elementary School's park)

Overall Value So Far:
+/- $5000

Sucks to hear that happened man :(

I'd keep an eye out like what Marsh said; they'll probably try to sell that stuff, since it seems like they were aiming for the more valuable.  Though my grandparents had their summer home robbed several years ago (the guy robbed it while they were there, sleeping); the Police caught the guy the next day, but he already managed to sell the stolen goods, and that was the end of it.

I invite anyone to try and rob my house while I'm home.  I have been aggressively practicing with my Mossburg Maverick 88 Pump Action Shot Gun.  I'd inflict the [Castle Doctrine](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine) among them, then call 911.  Police are the cleanup crew..

I totally agree with the fact that the people should be punished for robbing you, but killing them seems a tad excessive. Your really going to end a human life because you lost a few hundred dollars worth of stuff. Shit they might even just be high school kids or something.

@Marsh:

> I totally agree with the fact that the people should be punished for robbing you, but killing them seems a tad excessive. Your really going to end a human life because you lost a few hundred dollars worth of stuff. Shit they might even just be high school kids or something.

Yes but if everyone thought the house they were going to walk into and rob had someone who would kill them it would make alot of people have second thoughts over it. Thats why Texas has such a low crime rate.

@Marsh:

> I totally agree with the fact that the people should be punished for robbing you, but killing them seems a tad excessive. Your really going to end a human life because you lost a few hundred dollars worth of stuff. Shit they might even just be high school kids or something.

You'd be surprised how many people are killed in their homes during a home invasion.  Sure, it may be some kid breaking into my house (in which I'm sure they'd run when they hear the "Chink CHINK" when I pump the shotgun… Then again, I also read abit ago about how someone got shot in their house by an 18 year old who broke in), but it may also be someone armed themselves, willing to harm/kill/rape my family.

I'm not talking about shooting someone over afew hundred dollars (sad that Jungle lost several thousand, but), rather using my gun to protect myself against someone that _choose_ to rob or harm me.

I'm glad nobody was hurt in Jungle's case, though nobody was home either.  During a home invasion though, you end up with people breaking into your house when you're home, usually people bold enough to do this have a weapon on them, and usually the resident gets hurt.  [Here is one such example](http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/man-killed-in-robbery-1.1038111), [or another](http://fwix.com/chicago/share/6433800084/jury_smith_guilty_in_stabbing).

It's not about "punishment"; it's not like I'm going to chase the person down the street and kill them for robbing my house, but it's about defense, and protecting myself, my family, and what's mine.

EDIT:
@Niko:

> a few thousand dollars marsh, think logically. That's worth someones life.

Yeah, [this clerk's life was only worth $135](http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-storekilling-sent,0,5944494.story).

Never really thought about it that way, if they are armed by all means. By some random guy with no weapons should be left alone. I'm sure it's hard to make that call in the heat of the moment though. Also as you said the sound of the fun would send them running.

Thanks for the support guys!

Well it turns out that the bag they used to store all the stuff in (my sister's lacrosse bag) had a mouth guard in it. My sister found it in a park a block away, and that park is right next to the low income area.

Also, a few more items were found missing:
-My Mother's Wedding Ring
-My little sister's piggy bank (wtf)

Yes, we are insured and should get the check tomorrow. The guys who broke in still haven't been found (or been confirmed found), but the police are working on it.

I've been looking on Ebay frequently for a bit. Hopefully I'll spot the Wii or the Macs, but the chances of that are extremely slim.

Sucks about the robbing. But if you're insured, I'd leave it be. You'll never see that shit again. And about the whole shooting someone who comes into your house. I mean, I have an Sks sitting in my closet for one reason. I don't hunt, not one bit. If someone breaks into my house, you wouldn't know if they were armed until it was fired or pulled. I'd be damned if they took what I worked for, or even my own life. It's where I live though. There has been quite a few people who have broken in, and have had a shotgun blast to the face/chest/back. Kentucky for ya.

That Sucks mate. If it's any consolation, my mate was robbed a few weeks ago - was the house where we jam/record at, so all my gear was there, all my guitars, my amps…

He got up in the middle of the night  to take a leak, didnt turn the light on.. just started stumbling toward the bathroom, next thing he knows he gets clubbed over the back of the head, enough to stun him.. he's on the ground, he looks up, all he can see is a gun in his face and the cold barrel on his forehead.

The other 3 flatmates wake up during this, the intruders  hear talking go and stick guns in their faces, make them all go into the kitchen and lie face down.

So, at that stage there are 4 people on the ground face down, 3 guns and 5 lebanese guys standing over them.

What did they take?

The usual, passports, money, drivers licences, phones, Mac laptops....  about $10k worth.

What DIDNT they take?

PC laptops, guitars, amps, plasma, LCD...  pedals and basically the most expensive and easily fenced goods you can steal. They were not caught, but we know know where one of them lives, which is an excellent start and will be getting a visit very soon.

Bottom line, most robbers are stupid motherfuckers... fuelled by a need for quick cash for a quick fix.

@William:

> It's where I live though. There has been quite a few people who have broken in, and have had a shotgun blast to the face/chest/back. Kentucky for ya.

America sounds like such a cheerful place…

Ontopic: Lucky you are insured, was there any important stuff on the macs though in terms of data?

> well in america we can kill someone if they break into our homes and are still in the house

I know this sounds bad, as it's something I would actually do, but in Australia, we don't have such laws. If someone breaks into your house, trips over your rug - he can potentially sue you for having an un-safe rug, and then you could be paying out compensation for his bad knee for the next 20 years - all because he robbed your house and tripped over in the process. Don't laugh, it has happened.

In Australia, if someone robs your house, end them. The beauty is, most of the time no one else knows they are there. This makes disposing of the body much easier , mainly because no one is looking for it and shouldn't be suspicious of you.

Bottom line, be careful which houses you rob in Australia.

@wildjjbug:

> sucks to hear you got robbed
>
> well in america we can kill someone if they break into our homes and are still in the house

looked into this. not true in all states. some, you are permitted to "fire away," others, the burglar must actually be making an escape with your possessions for it to even be considered theft.

or this

@Devo:

> I know this sounds bad, as it's something I would actually do, but in Australia, we don't have such laws. If someone breaks into your house, trips over your rug - he can potentially sue you for having an un-safe rug, and then you could be paying out compensation for his bad knee for the next 20 years - all because he robbed your house and tripped over in the process. Don't laugh, it has happened.
>
> In Australia, if someone robs your house, end them. The beauty is, most of the time no one else knows they are there. This makes disposing of the body much easier , mainly because no one is looking for it and shouldn't be suspicious of you.
>
> Bottom line, be careful which houses you rob in Australia.

pretty beat.

Fun Fact:

Colorado and Oklahoma have the **"Make My Day"** law. This states that if someone comes into your house unlawfully you have the right to use force to protect yourself. XD