Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Alatar's Quest System v1.2

Alatar

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have problem with "GOGIVE" quest type, when I'm gather x items it says about completed task but I still have the wanted items ~~besides it's give me that items.~~
I see Your reply Erwin but still anyone don't know how to fix it?

@Notsu:

> I have problem with "GOGIVE" quest type, when I'm gather x items it says about completed task but I still have the wanted items ~~besides it's give me that items.~~
> I see Your reply Erwin but still anyone don't know how to fix it?

I'll take a look at it, because it bothers me too.
I will also ask Alatar to add my fixes to the main post.

Wow, has been a while since my last post (or visit) to this forum. Looks like this code has a lot of holes everywhere :S, When i get some free time I promise I will read the whole thread and work on bug-fixes.

PS: Special thanks to "Erwin" for all his help through the entire thread!

one of the biggest problems is the face it dosn't count the items in your inventory when gathering them, it just counts ever time you pick one up, you could drop the same item over and over and complete the quest. >.<

also, it dosnt take multiple Items away when you are to give multiple items to an NPC.

on top  of alot of other holes.

(i've fixed most of them on my own copy but thanks for this code ;3)

@Alatar:

> Wow, has been a while since my last post (or visit) to this forum. Looks like this code has a lot of holes everywhere :S, When i get some free time I promise I will read the whole thread and work on bug-fixes.
>
> PS: Special thanks to "Erwin" for all his help through the entire thread!

I have posted serveral bugfixes in the thread, would be nice if you add them to the main post. ;)

this works fine you must of forgot something in the tutorial. first off the admin panel doesnt have a quest editor button. second the /editquest works just fine are you sure you added this part?
>! Case "/editquest"
    If GetPlayerAccess(MyIndex) < ADMIN_DEVELOPER Then GoTo Continue
              SendRequestEditQuest i would redo it to be safe or just download the compiled version it works perfectly (minus the resource/train fix)

@Justn:

> this works fine you must of forgot something in the tutorial. first off the admin panel doesnt have a quest editor button. second the /editquest works just mine are you sure you added this part?
> >! Case "/editquest"
>     If GetPlayerAccess(MyIndex) < ADMIN_DEVELOPER Then GoTo Continue
>               SendRequestEditQuest i would redo it to be safe or just download the compiled version it works perfectly (minus the resource/train fix)

I did insert that. It just plain and simple doesnt work. Not sure why.

maybe I'm wrong, but at the:
```
Public Const NPC_BEHAVIOUR_ATTACKONSIGHT As Byte = 0
Public Const NPC_BEHAVIOUR_ATTACKWHENATTACKED As Byte = 1
Public Const NPC_BEHAVIOUR_FRIENDLY As Byte = 2
Public Const NPC_BEHAVIOUR_SHOPKEEPER As Byte = 3
Public Const NPC_BEHAVIOUR_GUARD As Byte = 4
```
Shouldn't have a **Public Const NPC_BEHAVIOUR_QUESTGIVER As Byte = 5** or something like this?

@Jimmy:

> maybe I'm wrong, but at the:
> ```
> Public Const NPC_BEHAVIOUR_ATTACKONSIGHT As Byte = 0
> Public Const NPC_BEHAVIOUR_ATTACKWHENATTACKED As Byte = 1
> Public Const NPC_BEHAVIOUR_FRIENDLY As Byte = 2
> Public Const NPC_BEHAVIOUR_SHOPKEEPER As Byte = 3
> Public Const NPC_BEHAVIOUR_GUARD As Byte = 4
> ```
> Shouldn't have a **Public Const NPC_BEHAVIOUR_QUESTGIVER As Byte = 5** or something like this?

That one is in modSvQuests ;)

@wow050:

> I cant seem to find the Call OnDeath(victim) line. Do you know what number line it is on? Im using Notepad++ if that makes any difference.

Yes that make difference, where does Robin say that you can edit it wjth Notepad(++)?
Nowhere, why?
Because you cant compile it in Notepad(++), use VB6.

Well god dude you need to grow up and relax. It didnt say anywhere that i was supposed to use VB6 and not use Notepad++. So call me stupid for just doing what i thought was right since it had to do with coding. All i wanted was a little support and most of you jerks find it right to be mean to people like me because of what is obvious to you is not to me because you believe your superior to us with little knowledge about the engine. I rest my case.

@wow050:

> Well god dude you need to grow up and relax. It didnt say anywhere that i was supposed to use VB6 and not use Notepad++. So call me stupid for just doing what i thought was right since it had to do with coding. All i wanted was a little support and most of you jerks find it right to be mean to people like me because of what is obvious to you is not to me because you believe your superior to us with little knowledge about the engine. I rest my case.

Jeeez, I just wanted to help, wasn't mean like an angry post.
And, alright, I understand that it stands nowhere you must use VB6\. (in this tutorial)
If someone needs to relax its you.

@wow050:

> Well god dude you need to grow up and relax. It didnt say anywhere that i was supposed to use VB6 and not use Notepad++. So call me stupid for just doing what i thought was right since it had to do with coding. All i wanted was a little support and most of you jerks find it right to be mean to people like me because of what is obvious to you is not to me because you believe your superior to us with little knowledge about the engine. I rest my case.

> **About Eclipse**
> Eclipse is a long standing community based around online game development, specifically MMORPGs. To aid people in their projects we offer a full set of programs and resources that, when taken full advantage of, will allow you to create your own fantastic online world. This includes a central piece of software called the 'Eclipse Origins Game Engine' which is an MMORPG Maker. This little beauty can be used to create an online RPG (aka, MMORPG) all by itself. It has everything you could possibly need - and it's open source! If you find that Origins doesn't have everything you need then you can **simply pop it open in Visual Basic 6.0** and get to work adding in your own exciting systems. Our thriving community offers complete support for this MMORPG Maker. If you have any questions or want to learn through other people's tutorials then simply register an account and come hang out with us. We've got plenty of talented members who're willing to spend some of their valuable time to help you with your project. All that we ask is that you present yourself politely and have a thirst for learning. You've got nothing to lose, so come on over and become a part of the largest MMORPG development community around!

It doesn't say open it with Notepad++. But anyways, you're just learning, so it was ok for you to think Notepad++ was the proper compiler for EO.

Anyone mind helping me out , im kinda newbish at this but i got everything pasted in in the right place but i get a message saying "compile error: variable not defined"
It points to the line "    PlayerQuest(1 To MAX_QUESTS) As PlayerQuestRec"
any ideas? O.o