Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Alatar's Quest System v1.2

Alatar

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want this… but a few days ago i tried it.. either its not compatible with EO 2.0 or i did somethin wrong tryna move over the missin pieces in the NPC editor and frm main... but either way not my copy of the engine is almost done with all the new features i wanted to add... so can someone make a post for what to add for those forms or just let me know whether theres still hope to get this or not... ty ahead of time for the response :)

@Skillzalot:

> it doesnt update automatically, you need to close your quest log and re open it

Even if I close and open again it happens.
The questlog only shows one quest (the first on the quest editor menu) and when I click, the quest gets canceled

@SaulemOfAzeroth:

> i love Alatar Quest system but im wondering how i can changed the "array size" for  the number of quests i can have in my game… i already checked mod.Constants with the Editor and nothing showed up... is there a way i can changed the Max number of Quests i have?
> -Saulem

**Client Side**
modQuests -> "Public Const MAX_QUESTS As Byte ="

And don't forget to change in
**Server Side**
ModSvQuest -> "Public Const MAX_QUESTS As Byte ="

This quest system is not working properly. When I try and make it so that players receive an axe when they start the woodcutting quest it doesn't work. I changed the value of 'give item on start' to the item of my axe (2) and changed the other slider to 1 so that it would give players 1 axe. The problem is when I accept the quest my character is not getting the axe! I looked in my inventory and it's not there. I also tried to drop the quest and accept it again. Does anybody know why this is happening?

@Nighthawk0973:

> This quest system is not working properly. When I try and make it so that players receive an axe when they start the woodcutting quest it doesn't work. I changed the value of 'give item on start' to the item of my axe (2) and changed the other slider to 1 so that it would give players 1 axe. The problem is when I accept the quest my character is not getting the axe! I looked in my inventory and it's not there. I also tried to drop the quest and accept it again. Does anybody know why this is happening?

as i can remember at the first post it says that under the todo list

@Darth:

> Yeah, that is a known bug, I believe Alatar pointed it out in his original post.  I'll try to help you when I decide to install it.
>
> Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted.  You may wish to review your post.
>
> Darn, beat me to it!

yes i have very very sorry.

@Nighthawk0973:

> This quest system is not working properly. When I try and make it so that players receive an axe when they start the woodcutting quest it doesn't work. I changed the value of 'give item on start' to the item of my axe (2) and changed the other slider to 1 so that it would give players 1 axe. The problem is when I accept the quest my character is not getting the axe! I looked in my inventory and it's not there. I also tried to drop the quest and accept it again. Does anybody know why this is happening?

@Erwin:

> Also, I've made a fix for taking/giving items on the start of a quest :
> In **modHandleData** replace **HandlePlayerHandleQuest** with this :
> ```
> Sub HandlePlayerHandleQuest(ByVal index As Long, ByRef Data() As Byte, ByVal StartAddr As Long, ByVal ExtraVar As Long)
> Dim Buffer As clsBuffer
> Dim QuestNum As Long, Order As Long
>
> Set Buffer = New clsBuffer
> Buffer.WriteBytes Data()
> QuestNum = Buffer.ReadLong
> Order = Buffer.ReadLong '1 = accept, 2 = cancel
> If Order = 1 Then
> Player(index).PlayerQuest(QuestNum).Status = QUEST_STARTED '1
> Player(index).PlayerQuest(QuestNum).ActualTask = 1
> Player(index).PlayerQuest(QuestNum).CurrentCount = 0
> PlayerMsg index, "New quest accepted: " & Trim$(Quest(QuestNum).Name) & "!", BrightGreen
>     If Quest(QuestNum).StartItem > 0 And Quest(QuestNum).StartItemValue > 0 Then
>     GiveInvItem index, Quest(QuestNum).StartItem, Quest(QuestNum).StartItemValue
>     End If
>     If HasItem(index, Quest(QuestNum).StartRemoveItem) And Quest(QuestNum).StartRemoveItem > 0 And Quest(QuestNum).StartRemoveItemValue > 0 Then
>     TakeInvItem index, Quest(QuestNum).StartRemoveItem, Quest(QuestNum).StartRemoveItemValue
>     End If
> ElseIf Order = 2 Then
> Player(index).PlayerQuest(QuestNum).Status = QUEST_NOT_STARTED '2
> End If
> SavePlayer index
> SendPlayerData index
> SendPlayerQuest index, QuestNum
> Set Buffer = Nothing
> End Sub
> ```

@RyokuHasu:

> =_= its not hard to get a copy of VB6… (if your set aside your morals for like 5 min)

unfortunately my computer is going to take much longer than 5 minutes to install visual basic and all the SQL server stuff (which is obivously required for editing the source of eclipse) in which case I will cancel the installation :D or deinstall the program.

Anyways the reason I came on this thread was to ask you guys (hopefully the last time I need help with this thing) for some help. I was creating the quest that teaches the woodcutting skill. I created a item called 'log' and used the 'Gather Items' quest option, and configured it so that you needed 3  logs to complete the quest, and then you would 'End Quest' but when I get 3 logs than he says the meanwhile speech and doesn't finish the quest! I made sure that the item number I input and the item number of the log match too. Please help me? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? (in which case I would like a tutorial on how to get this done right) Hopefully this isn't on his to-do list to fix or else I'm ditching this quest system…

@Nighthawk0973:

> unfortunately my computer is going to take much longer than 5 minutes to install visual basic and all the SQL server stuff (which is obivously required for editing the source of eclipse) in which case I will cancel the installation :D or deinstall the program.

You dont need SQL stuff, because EO isn't using SQL, and you're installing VB6 right?

@Nighthawk0973:

> Anyways the reason I came on this thread was to ask you guys (hopefully the last time I need help with this thing) for some help. I was creating the quest that teaches the woodcutting skill. I created a item called 'log' and used the 'Gather Items' quest option, and configured it so that you needed 3  logs to complete the quest, and then you would 'End Quest' but when I get 3 logs than he says the meanwhile speech and doesn't finish the quest! I made sure that the item number I input and the item number of the log match too. Please help me? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? (in which case I would like a tutorial on how to get this done right) Hopefully this isn't on his to-do list to fix or else I'm ditching this quest system…

Alatar doesn't provide support for this anymore, but I'll keep posting fixes and help people. ;)

I'll post a fix for it soon. ;)