• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright here's a little update…

**New Forums**
Be sure to register and post. :)
http://psithyroi.com/forum/index.php
The template is only temporary till we get time to make one from scratch to match the site.

Also here's the website in the works:

>! ![](http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/legendweaver/Meh%20stuff/SitePreview-1.png)
[Or click here!](http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/legendweaver/Meh%20stuff/SitePreview-1.png)

As a side note, most information will now be posted on the forums/on the site. We will still be using this topic, but for major updates and such. Please make sure to register :)

EDIT:
Also, keep in mind your forum account will become your game account and website account! They will all be linked.

@Cyprien:

> Website isn't bad you should however fix the width of your background image to 1920.
>
> Your forums however doesn't match your website at all you could have made the forums work with the site.

Which part of 

> "The template is only temporary till we get time to make one from scratch to match the site."

did you not understand?

@Akatsuki_1:

> Which part of  did you not understand?

I said the website isn't bad that's not really negative. There nothing I really hated about the site. I already told you the part which I seen you could fix. (Which part did you not understand?)

I understand the forums is only temporary but when you show off temp work your going to have comments about it. If you use that current forum theme and just change the look of the theme I still think it wouldn't really match the site still. Once you have a finished or more of the WIP done I'll be happy to comment again.

@Cyprien:

> I said the website isn't bad that's not really negative. There nothing I really hated about the site. I already told you the part which I seen you could fix. (Which part did you not understand?)
>
> I understand the forums is only temporary but when you show off temp work your going to have comments about it. If you use that current forum theme and just change the look of the theme I still think it wouldn't really match the site still. Once you have a finished or more of the WIP done I'll be happy to comment again.

^
Thanks.

Anywho, future updates will be posted on Psithyroi's forum.
http://psithyroi.com/forum/index.php

Currently Looking For….:
Someone that can draw cartoonish type art to be part of our team. Something along this line " http://th05.deviantart.net/fs47/PRE/i/2009/194/9/a/Fox_in_the_forest_by_Neko_Chan_Battosai.png ". Pm me.

Hello fans of Psithyroi, I am just updating this topic with a little news and how the stages of the development will be played out. This is to show everyone this project is still alive, just more updates can be found on the forums. **Join the community before Tuesday if you wish to be eligible to have access for closed alpha testing.**

Hey everyone, thought I would tell you all how the stages of Psithyroi will be played out.

Okay, first I have to announce that all member accounts on the forum will be recorded on this Tuesday, and those users will be available for Closed Alpha testing. All other members that register past Tuesday will no longer be eligible.  What **IS** closed alpha? Basically, it's the testing of the Psithyroi engine and fixing any bugs that may occur. There will not be many, if any, features of the actual Psithyroi game; just the testing of the stability and features of the engine that will then be upgraded and filled with Psithyroi content in the future. This stage will be coming relatively soon.

Second, Closed Beta. The date at which user accounts will be deadlined for closed beta is uncertain still, and I think I may have a different way of deciding who will get to access it. Maybe take the top 50-100 members of the community? Not sure yet. But anyway, closed beta will be the testing of Psithyroi features as they are in development. This will most likely be the longest development stage. This stage will be used only by a select amount of users (mentioned above) and will be testing and debugging the critical features of Psithyroi as our team rolls them out.

Third, Open Beta. Open beta will not have a user amount restriction; anyone may try it out. This is when most debugging of Psithyroi will be complete, and when features will still be added regularly. Think of it as a more secure and developed closed beta, for everyone.

Fourth and final, release. At this point Psithyroi will be fully released and most of the game's content will be fully developed, and ready to be called a game. There will still be updates every now and then, but it will basically be complete and ready for play.

Just thought I would post the new storyline I have released, and edited by Akatsuki, credits are at the bottom. Enjoy  :cheesy:

Tale of the Snail Raids?

_Eplidia has always been a peaceful town in the eyes of the citizens who lived there. They would always tell tales to their young about brave heroes whom kept the town safe and fought away the horrible beast that tried to force their way inside such a town.  There is an ancient story still left untold, the story of when Eplidia was attacked and taken over by snails.  Who would have thought such a thing was possible? No one ever imagined snails having such power to take over an entire town.  The snails around Eplidia are very unique and different; they are extremely large and more aggressive than many of the strongest creatures found in the land of Psithyroi. Their leader was over six feet tall, and wore giant glasses. The glasses were so clear; you could see your own reflection.  These glasses also protected him from the sun. When a snail’s eye is exposed to the sun, the snail becomes weak. This is still a mystery but it’s quite an interesting site to behold. Snails where the main food source back a thousand or so years ago, so the humans that lived in Eplidia and surrounding areas always hunted them. The snail population went down greatly, affecting the whole forest. The hunters, who were to ignorant to realize they were destroying the whole forest, continued to hunt as they saw fit. Without these snails, the insects’ population grew, once the insect’s population got large enough, the plants were disappearing. With no plants, the forest was doomed to no longer exist.

The humans did not know the snails had a superior leader, the leader in an abnormal way, was smarter than the humans and noticed that the forest is decaying quickly. He came to a conclusion that they had to do something to save the forest before it was too late.  He gathered an army of snails and sent them to battle. The humans were about to be surprised as the snails had great warriors. The attack was planned to happen that night, taking over the town before the sun would rise. The snails held the town hostage for three months, finally the humans agreed to stop hunting the snails and allow the forest to grow back to its original state. Ever since then, the forest has been as big as it was before the snails invaded. No one talks about this embarrassing moment in history, where snails, conquered humans._

Credits

Written by: Smore

Edited by: Akatsuki

New storyline being made at the moment, expect more soon.