E3!

Kinjiru

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Azyru:

> ^lol the kinnect doesn't have a motion "controller" like the wii and ps3

It's the same thing, it just lacks a controller. Which is actually a bad thing, and why Sony didn't just update the EYEtoy. So Actually Sony had Kinnect before Microsoft ever thought of it.

I'm a serious gamer and I've never played gears of war or call of duty. It's mostly because there not really my style I hardly touch a first person shooter unless I've got someone else to play it with.

You can be a serious gamer and still play sports like games… I used to play Sega tennis 2K2 on Dreamcast.

A kid wouldn't really care for a sports game unless he was playing the sport in real life. They tend to play the same games as everyone else however most younger kids will tend to want to play Mario.

As for a family there going to pretty much want to play something they can all play at once which tends to be sports games or party games. That is if your family even plays games.

Oh... keep this in mind people who play sports games are serious gamers they buy a new sports game every year with just a few updated features...

@DPinoy13:

> a serious gamer plays
> COD, Gears Of War
> and other stuff…

You're an idiot. Generalising ALL serious gamers to like FPSes. Well Done.

Hmm…I'm not even joking, but that made me angry, and I forgot what I was going to say now. xD.

@DPinoy13:

> a serious gamer plays
> COD, Gears Of War
> and other stuff…
>
> A family or a kid would rather
> play :
> boxing and tennis
> or something like that

You are the biggest ducking idiot ever. First, you say all hardcore gamers play Call of Duty. Any hardcore gamer would know that that game is shit. Second, you proceed by saying the Wii is for Tennis and boxing. You fail to mention it has the virtual console, which allows people to play Game Cube, SNES, and more games on the Wii.

Also, you know the Wii has Call of Duty too, right?

You are a typical little kid, anything with blood and violence is automatically seen as exciting for you, without looking deeper into the true structure of the game. Call of Duty had no innovation when it came out. Zelda, Mario, and the like were all huge innovations (despite the fact that they just copy the same game over and over though…)

Actually a "Serious" gamer owns one of every console they can get their hands on, plays everything and anything, and can actually enjoy any game whether it be COD or a motion based sports game. A causal gamer plays one or two games from time to time, and a Core gamer only cares about Big name franchises, like Halo or Gears.

I'm pretty close the first group, Honestly? I had more fun with a Wii, and I've had better gaming experiences on the Xbox, and I've seen better graphics on PS3\. All three are equal.

@Jungle:

> You are the biggest ducking idiot ever. First, you say all hardcore gamers play Call of Duty. Any hardcore gamer would know that that game is shit. Second, you proceed by saying the Wii is for Tennis and boxing. You fail to mention it has the virtual console, which allows people to play Game Cube, SNES, and more games on the Wii.
>
> Also, you know the Wii has Call of Duty too, right?
>
> You are a typical little kid, anything with blood and violence is automatically seen as exciting for you, without looking deeper into the true structure of the game. Call of Duty had no innovation when it came out. Zelda, Mario, and the like were all huge innovations (despite the fact that they just copy the same game over and over though…)

Exactly, back onto my previous point of Nintendo and their "innovation". They were new, original and exciting when they all first came out. Now they're dead, bland and tasteless. Yet they still keep trying to revive the bloody games. Nintendos consoles always rely on third party developers to create innovating games. Nintendo just doesn't do new and original anymore, even worse that the other consoles. Other consoles get big hit, innovating games a few times a year. Nintendo sticks to its guns worse than Call of Duty, Civilization and the other long running franchises that have lasted beyond their time.

@Wolfinton:

> Exactly, back onto my previous point of Nintendo and their "innovation". They were new, original and exciting when they all first came out. Now they're dead, bland and tasteless. Yet they still keep trying to revive the bloody games. Nintendos consoles always rely on third party developers to create innovating games. Nintendo just doesn't do new and original anymore, even worse that the other consoles. Other consoles get big hit, innovating games a few times a year. Nintendo sticks to its guns worse than Call of Duty, Civilization and the other long running franchises that have lasted beyond their time.

Couple things to point out, Nintendo sticks to their in house franchises because many developers "feel that that console isn't what their about." For the first time in 20 years (give or take) we're seeing more third party support for a Nintendo console. Secondly, the thing I saw at the other two conferences was their motion controls and franchise line ups. In all honesty, if the Wii U works like they claim it will it will be a revolution in gaming. I'm more curious to see how they have "zero" latency streaming to the controller screen.

I don't think Nintendo should bother making new franchises, if they did indie developers would lose their purpose.  Leave origninality to the new guys and let Nintendo improve on what they have.  You can never have too much of a good thing.

@Renzo:

> I don't think Nintendo should bother making new franchises, if they did indie developers would lose their purpose.  Leave origninality to the new guys and let Nintendo improve on what they have.  You can never have too much of a good thing.

looks at Zelda:Skyward Sword and smiles

Well… Nintendo has so many different games which do so well they spend alot of time making a new game for it (Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Star Fox, Metroid). You'll pretty much see one game or more of the tiles above on a nintendo console.

Then you got the ones which doesn't see alot of releases compared to one above (Punch-Out, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, Pilotwings).

That doesn't mean they don't create new games....  (Nintendogs) Nintendo DS which has a Nintendo3DS release & (Pikmin) Gamecube which getting a Wii-U release of Pikmin 3.

One of the reason I think nintendo does so well it doesn't try mess up the whole game by turning it into something really different (final fantasy xiii).

@Cyprien:

> Well… Nintendo has so many different games which do so well they spend alot of time making a new game for it (Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Star Fox, Metroid). You'll pretty much see one game or more of the tiles above on a nintendo console.
>
> Then you got the ones which doesn't see alot of releases compared to one above (Punch-Out, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, Pilotwings).
>
> That doesn't mean they don't create new games....  (Nintendogs) Nintendo DS which has a Nintendo3DS release & (Pikmin) Gamecube which getting a Wii-U release of Pikmin 3.
>
> One of the reason I think nintendo does so well it doesn't try mess up the whole game by turning it into something really different (final fantasy xiii).

Yeah that's a valid point (FF13 was good… *glare* lol) Not many companies have products celebrating 25 year anniversaries with no sign of going weak any time soon.

@El:

> ZOMG, new pikmin?  but it'll be for the Wii-U which I don't plan on buying :'( /depression

Did find something that made me =( There's talk that you can only have "one" wiiU controller per console. <_< That's not a good idea.

@Azure:

> Did find something that made me =( There's talk that you can only have "one" wiiU controller per console. <_< That's not a good idea.

only single player?  That would be horrible.  the oppurtunity that could be had…

How many people will be able to play in online matches for the Wii U? For the Wii there were only like 10-12 allowed in one "match", so I'm curious. I think it's stupid that there is only 1 controller per consol- it ruins the fun of playing with your friends.

I think Nintendo is aiming a bit higher with the Wii U to attract the general crowd away from the XBox. Nintendo has always revolutionized the consol industry, so it wouldnt surprise me.

@Jungle:

> How many people will be able to play in online matches for the Wii U? For the Wii there were only like 10-12 allowed in one "match", so I'm curious. I think it's stupid that there is only 1 controller per consol- it ruins the fun of playing with your friends.
>
> I think Nintendo is aiming a bit higher with the Wii U to attract the general crowd away from the XBox. Nintendo has always revolutionized the consol industry, so it wouldnt surprise me.

In the article I read, it stated that "possibly" only one controller would be allowed per console. (Of course I mean the one with the screen not any other Wii peripherals) I think that would be a nerf to the system, or if they made it so you had to use a 3DS as a second. =( If they do end up allowing multiple U controllers, I'd be more excited about the system.