Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

["HD" Tileset Mockup]

Kusy

Thank you. And it's hard to make a decent looking transition form wet dirt to sand in 32 pixel space, those will probobly get reworked a few times anyhow - for example, grass needs color tweaking already. I'll be posting some (not all) stuff as I make progress with the whole tileset.

@Kusy:

> Thank you. And it's hard to make a decent looking transition form wet dirt to sand in 32 pixel space, those will probobly get reworked a few times anyhow. I'll be posting some (not all) stuff as I make progress with the whole tileset.

Yeah, I'd imagine that this is insanely hard to do. If you just take out that one patch of sand on that border, it'll look a hell of a lot better.

I'm drawing them, pixelart is not something I'm that good at or not something I like to do. Those are hand drawn with a tablet.

Next on the list are cliffs which probobly won't be featured in this thread but when I'll move on to buildings or some other stuff I'll be sure to post them.

@Kusy:

> Yes. But I'm not really decided if I will sell them or use them. Or if anyone would even waht to buy them.

If you make it **extensive** and release it for free, it will most likely get the publicity that Breeze, RMXP, and Reiner's gets. Releasing something for free and having it go viral will lead to more opportunities and money than selling it would, in my opinion. That's assuming that you're willing to make this tileset extensive, make some basic sprites for it, and labor away at graphics for a client who'll reach you because you created an amazing tileset… but I'm getting ahead of myself lol

Just make it good and extensive. We can all judge it.

@Wraith:

> I really like it, I think the sand would look betetr with a second transition tile though

I do realise, that was the plan but tilesets like that get annoying fast while maping. This also doesn't have to be the only transition made, I know, the idea of someone making more than one transition for two same tile types is outrageous… yeah.

I might consider what Jungle said but again, the more I do, the more I'm against releasing it to anyone and for actualy making a game myself. A motivating experience lol.

@Strafe:

> The transition has been mentioned. Looks very nice although i can see a slight horizontal line on the sand that shows the tiling. Maybe just my eyes.

It's there, your eyes are fine. Those tiles do need polish as I mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...