Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

An Inn

VitinhooxD

Hey , I needed some C&C in this inn I'm making , mostly in the line art  since it's not really colored yet.

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/a5168d3401c1d8decfe39b8a1813c384.png)
If you have any advice please tell me.Also if you have any suggestions about how should I shade the wall please tell me I don't have any idea about what I'm gonna do on it.

Thanks!

@Lenton:

> You should create the graphics so the mapper can make it as tall as they want.
>
> Nice line-art, I think it's going to look really nice when it's finished.

This Inn will probably be used once since its part of the main quest and since it is kinda important for this quests I decided to make it "unique".I'll probably make simpler inns to be used in other places.

The floor paneling isn't with the perspective, if thats what the things inside the door are.  Same with the door, the lines should be parallel :)

also, if you're gonna do that kind of perspective (the kind that gets smaller as it goes into the distance), designate a point, and have all walls and straight lines extend to that point(in terms of their slope).

Just sayin, but this kinda perspective wont work in a game, unless you can resize the character smaller as it gets closer to the top of the map.

@Frostyy:

> Yes.  3 tiles per story is probably as big as you want to go, and 2 tiles per story is just fine.

3 or 2 tiles per story seems really low.I don't know if where you live houses are nearly peoples high per story since the sprite is 2 tiles tall.At least in Brazil stories are like twice or maybe twice and a half peoples high.

By the looks of things your characters would have to be about 3 tiles high for the dimensions.. meaning 5 tile stories are reasonable.. but their still too high from the door frame.. the windows on the second level also need to be brought down closer to the floorline, unless these people stand on chairs to look out windows

It's looking good. The shading is awesome. When you say that in Brazil, houses are twice as tall as a person per floor, they're generally not like that in England. America and elsewhere I'm not sure about.

If you want it that high, that's fine, but keep in mind how much it might dominate the map. Keep up to the Feng Shui ;)

I agree top floor looks off a little bit,

Did you do any research on houses before trying to draw it out?

Most house walls are either  8ft , 10ft, 12 ft, and very rarely 14 ft or 16 ft tall.

you take your normal Male human  close to 6ft tall and just figure out how it should look from there.