Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skyrim

Robin

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. I played oblivion on pc since it's release.
Had a decent off-shelf pc.
Still couldn't max the settings.
Played on xbox last month.
Looks awesome, and no issues at all.

My only complaint has been the lighting, but it's only because other video games spoil you and make it unrealistically bright in darkened areas.

And the odd one torch forever deal… never understood that.

Oblivion was just poorly optimised as fuck. Didn't have dual-core support so after the multi-core frenzy of 2006/2007 the game started performing like shit. They did a lot of optimising for Fallout 3, so it'll at least work on current hardware when it comes out.

Knowing Bethesda, especially their last release New Vegas, I see them releasing multiple patches that will "fix" the issues players will experience with Skyrim shortly after its release.

They'll be fixed on the PC before anything else. It's amazing how users will fix issues and create awesome mods and overhauls in such a short amount of time. Too bad I can't run the damn thing. Can't wait for this game.

@DJMaxus:

> Knowing Bethesda, especially their last release New Vegas, I see them releasing multiple patches that will "fix" the issues players will experience with Skyrim shortly after its release.
>
> They'll be fixed on the PC before anything else. It's amazing how users will fix issues and create awesome mods and overhauls in such a short amount of time. Too bad I can't run the damn thing. Can't wait for this game.

They simply published that game, they didn't make it.

Intro was fun, voice acting is a bit bad but nothing worthy of making you groan. The only thing i didnt really like was when attacking a enemy it will do mini cutscenes once in awhile.

Anyway, if you got any questions i might be able to answer them.

@Marsh:

> Intro was fun, voice acting is a bit bad but nothing worthy of making you groan. The only thing i didnt really like was when attacking a enemy it will do mini cutscenes once in awhile.
>
> Anyway, if you got any questions i might be able to answer them.

Is there anyway to disable the cutscenes?

@Kite:

> Is there anyway to disable the cutscenes?

Not sure yet, doesnt happen often though.

Man this game is sick, its back to the feel of the original Morrowind. Though they added a ton of stuff that works great. Dungeons are huge and full of traps, puzzles and other goodies. Way to early to judge considering the series but so far it feels just right.

Playing on the 360 but navigation of equipment, spells, menus has been vastly improved upon.

I was personally pretty impressed, you will probably get better graphics out of a computer though. The dragons look damn cool and they have more atmosphere effects like bats flying out of the caves etc. Some of the model faces look a bit plain but again nothing game breaking.