Find results in...

Skyrim

Robin

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> They also need to get the cities very unique. They sort of merged together in Oblivion. The diversity you had in Morrowind was amazing.

Couldn't agree more. Morrowind was one of my favourite games of all time. Even though I still enjoyed Oblivion, (although never finished it); I was disappointed that Oblivion lacked all the variety in weapons, armor, and most importantly, landscapes. Oblivion was boring to explore, and the cities were all so similar. Morrowind had such alien-like monsters. They didn't have the generic wolves and shit, but instead giant floating jellyfish and steam golems. It was a pleasure to explore. The cities themselves were so unique, and the general populace treated you as an outsider.

In Morrowind, if you took the path of a criminal, eventually guards would actually be realistically scared of you and not try and mindlessly arrest or kill you. There were many shops which you could rob completely, you could play a rogue murderer better as well.

Man, I loved being able to be a thieving bastard in that game. My childhood was completely changed when I found the awesome sword in the starting town's guard tower. If you jumped in just the right position the guard couldn't arrest you.

I enjoyed games so much more before I had an internet connection. xD

There was only one questline in Oblivion that was enjoyable from the start to the finish. Dark Brotherhood one. Morrowind had tons of factions you could work for. Oblivion has what? Warriors Guild, Mages Guild, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. Not to mention that the first two are ultra-boring and the third is game breaking… and all are linear...

And in Morrowind your faction can build (or grow) you a house!

Ok I know this is a little off topic but I am so excited for this game to come out! I use to play Arena and daggerfall back in the day and loved them. Then I bought Oblivion the day I got a 360 and I lost months and months of my life to this.. I never really noticed all the problems you guys have been talking about till now. I could still pick Oblivion up and play it again loving every min of it. Some how I managed to SKIP over morrowind completely. To calm my Skyrim fever I am having I went and bought morrowind: game of the year edition for my 360 for 5 bucks…

Im just now putting it in to my xbox and wanted to know if anyone could give me any suggestions of their favorite class, race, and birthsign that they think is the best for the game. Also any pointers for starting out since im still stuck in the oblivion ways =)

@Bcm27:

> I personally think the combat system sucks in Morrowind, even though it was a great game. Be Forewarned, the combat detection system is nothing like Oblivion.

Of course it isn't. Oblivion simplified everything which was good about the series. Morrowind's combat system is fine.

The only thing bad about Morrowind's combat was you couldn't use magicka on the fly. You had to unready your weapon, switch to spell mode, then cast the spell. In the meantime some dirty Ordinator stuck a dagger in your gut ('cause they are watching YOU, scum!).

Oblivion's combat system, apart from the offhand magicka use, was horrible. There was no variety of melee attacks, and the manual shield system was stupid because _it still depended entirely on your shield skill!_ You could be hold up a refridgerator in front of you and that Scamp would still ruin your day because even though you were hiding behind your shield your shield skill didn't block it. The random automatic block shields from Morrowind were better in this regard. Also there was a lower variety of weapons, and the lesser variety of attacks. Morrowind's melee attacks were interesting because depending on how you moved would depend on the attack type, and certain enemies and weapons would need different movements to be most effective (although really, just get a good two-handed sword and let it do all your talking).

Edit: I don't really care too much as I don't bother with games or thinking about them until they've actually been out and playable, but the few vids I've decided to watch about Skyrim, I really like how they handle actions with both hands. As I said this was one of the only improvements Oblivion brought to the series in my opinion, so it might be interesting.

The beggar woman in the Imperial City schitzophrenically switching between her old beggar voice and upper class lady voice was pretty funny. Either she's pretending to be a beggar or they screwed up royally, especially considering she's one of the first NPCs you talk to.

@Justn:

> Ok I know this is a little off topic but I am so excited for this game to come out! I use to play Arena and daggerfall back in the day and loved them. Then I bought Oblivion the day I got a 360 and I lost months and months of my life to this.. I never really noticed all the problems you guys have been talking about till now. I could still pick Oblivion up and play it again loving every min of it. Some how I managed to SKIP over morrowind completely. To calm my Skyrim fever I am having I went and bought morrowind: game of the year edition for my 360 for 5 bucks…
>
> Im just now putting it in to my xbox and wanted to know if anyone could give me any suggestions of their favorite class, race, and birthsign that they think is the best for the game. Also any pointers for starting out since im still stuck in the oblivion ways =)

Well, i played night elf spellsword (i think) and birthsign was tower, it was useful to be able to unlock most of doors, and in the first village, give fargoth his ring, go to trading post, complete hrisskars quest and then dont talk to fargoth (he will be mad at you then i think) and go to the Balmora on your own legs, after guy falls fro mthe sky, go to the seaside and somewhere near the rocks you will find dead guy, then complete that quest and you are good to go with lot of money :)

@Anna:

> There was no variety of melee attacks Morrowind's melee attacks were interesting because depending on how you moved would depend on the attack type

I always stick to bows as a main weapon but i thought I saw that there are lines in the game like "a [whatever level] blade skill will let you swing [whatever way] and cause [whatever effect]" Like dive backwards and power attack or something… idk just started playing again.

Oh wow. Here's some awesome things which people have seen happen in the game so far. I'm literally gonna drop off the face of the planet when this is released.

[http://www.gamesradar.com/63-amazing-things-we-saw-and-did-skyrim/](http://www.gamesradar.com/63-amazing-things-we-saw-and-did-skyrim/)