Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For those against gay marriage

DrNova

I've seen many people who I knew (assumed but probably was correct) were gay. There are many mannerisms and such that make it a safe bet. just way people talk, or move, ext. Not all gays are like this of course, I wouldnt know how many gays I didnt know that I DID see. 

I hate "flamers" though. At that point your just trying to be different for some sort of sad phsychological reason, your probably not even "really" gay.

long story short, its obvious alot.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> That's most certainly an American thing, not a gay thing. Excluding the flamboyant faggots you will not be able to tell when you come across a gay British guy unless he wants you to know.

Cause you're all fags? Dohoho.

My mom's old friend was gay. I never even knew about it until she told me like… 5 years after I met him.  My mom was like "You seriously didn't know? He's so gay it should be obvious". He was a fat bearded guy in glasses.

This topic is definitely controversial.  I never really was against gays.  I acted like it because I follow the same bandwagon as my father, but I honestly don't have a problem with them.  In fact, I just found out I'm related to one lol.  Honestly though, answer yourself this: If you could find one person that could make you laugh, someone you could talk about anything to, someone who would care for you more than anyone else ever could; would you want it?  Because no one understands you better than yourself.  A man knows a man.  A woman knows a woman.  It doesn't fell right under MY skin but that doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.  With the mannerisms, it's what makes them outright hilarious.  I actually use them to be funny myself.  So there.  My HONEST opinion on the topic.

> Because Americans are stupid. I'm sure you've said it yourself plenty of times.
>
> Azure: As a whole this is correct. If there's something to be screwed up, we've found a way to do it.

Murphy's Law states that "Anything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong."

zonny… you know how if you blow yourself up you'll get 70 virgins. i was asking if you'll split up your virgin pool with male and female.  ;P

but to be on topic... No one should be able to tell another person who they should be with. Gay marriage doesnt hurt anyone, and besides if gay people want to be as misrable as straight people while being married... more power to them!

@escfoe2:

> This topic is definitely controversial.

Only in backward countries like America.

@escfoe2:

> In fact, I just found out I'm related to one lol.

You're related to hundreds of them. You simply don't know because people don't go around advertising the fact.

@Robin:

> Nothing to do with dogma. It's just a backwards country. You see the exact same shit in the African countries.

That's why I was trying to find the right word. I was thinking of Africa. Originally I had put religious; anything regarding narrow-mindedness would have worked just fine.

@Robin:

> It comes down to lack of education and proper role models. paganism simply encourages these two things.

In what respect would proper role models have exactly on the outcome (example of negative role models)? I understand what you're saying. I am just curious, because the lack of education is a given.

@Gw͋eͥ͒̑͋ñͧͪͥ͌:

> zonny… you know how if you blow yourself up you'll get 70 virgins. i was asking if you'll split up your virgin pool with male and female.  ;P

Ohh, haha, definitely :P And if you ever feel lonely in hell Gwen, i might let you come and share with me ;D

And this thread is definitely considered controversial, by anyone's standards. I mean, i don't think it's fair to ignore that fact that gays have been hated on for just about forever. Old traditions die hard. Also, it's disgusting to think of homosexuality to be possible all over the world, it really isn't. It's generally only surfacing in societies where the social structure is generally sexual-based. In middle eastern countries, most people don't think about getting married or having sex until their like… 25-30, which is like after they've finished their education.

@Zonova:

> And this thread is definitely considered controversial, by anyone's standards.

It really isn't. Gay marriage is only controversial to idiots. It's now simply a case of having it become the norm so the people who do have a problem with it are no longer the vocal minority.

Most "controversial" topics nowadays are not universally balanced with one another. They are abstract concepts conjured up by an advance homosapien race and made controversial depending on social norms, current belief systems, and obscure context in which the race lives in (time period).

Agreeing or disagreeing with homosexuality is not something that you can feel assured about being that you're an open-minded centrist; you should feel bad for not seeing things outside of the "bubble" of which Plato describes to be the state in which we all live in.

To truly understand controversial topics for what sort of stance should be taken on them, step outside the bubble for a moment and find a universally (and I use that term lightly) balanced and fair truth.

@Winfield:

> To truly understand controversial topics for what sort of stance should be taken on them, step outside the bubble for a moment and find a universally (and I use that term lightly) balanced and fair truth.

Centrism is the definition of a balanced and fair truth and is a legitimate political stance, to ignore it just because it has a tolerant view of human rights is ridiculous.
A person's sexual orientation/race/gender should not be considered controversial topics. Let me give you a couple examples of real controversies.
Does God have a place in science?
Should we ignore the plights of Third World Countries in favour of our own problems?
Should people sacrifice energy-based leisure to prevent Global Warming?
These are things people should actively discuss, not the banning of gay marriage or women working in a male dominant environment.

America has problems with homosexuality because the hardcore Christians who live here "know" that "God hates fags". They also believe that America was founded on the Christian religion there by making them believe that America hates homosexuality. And the worst bit of all is that like 70% (or some bullshit number like that) of America is Christian. We've had, what, 44 Christian presidents elected in a row? Given that there are bound to be walls of anti-gay everywhere. Hell, we don't even have separation of church and state anymore. Our currency has "In God We Trust" on it. The government is prohibited from supporting one religion over another but yet there it is. Lets not forget the part in the Pledge of Allegiance where it says "under God". We'll keep having problems with homosexuality until America can get a handle on off of this God talk.

tl;dr
It's the Christian's fault.

I consider myself a pretty example of being open minded while still believing in my paganism. And i'm sure plenty of other people here are too, i just don't know what their faith is. But i'm a Muslim, yet i support evolution, and i'm bi. I also argue against muslims basically all day, trying to make stop being stupid. If i were to go to pakistan and tell them i was bi, they would hang me. But that's not the belief systems fault, it's the fault of the hypocritical swines that call themselves muslims and just end up making it look bad. So, don't blame the belief system until you've understood it yourself. However, feel free to disparage any hypocrites that "believe" in the paganism, but let their stupidity blind them. Like almost every pagan in america…. i hope that everyone here realizes that basically every rule in the bible is in the quran... so calling Islam *anti women* is only making fun of the other abrahamic beliefs as well.

And now.... i realize that i just ranted about faith... in a gay thread... well shit ^-^

**@Renzo** I understand centrism and would like to expand off of what both you and Robin have said:

@renzo:

> A person's sexual orientation/race/gender should not be considered controversial topics.

@Robin:

> It comes down to lack of education and proper role models.

These both tend to signal **pseudo-controversy**. They are keys that are easily spotted in pseudo-controversial topics by anyone aware of them. You can distinguish them from regular controversy pretty smoothly after knowing about them.

It's like learning about the many varieties of logical fallacies.