Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pokemon Cobalt Online

gizmo1

Still deciding rather I should strip the pokemon code and release the source as is. anyways this game is built from the ground up using VB.net, SDL as the graphics library, and it's using Asynchronous Communication for the sockets. Believe it or not but Windows 8 Will be here soon and eventually Vb6 will not be compatible with a future windows OS..

ScreenShot:
![](http://i49.tinypic.com/166ngjl.png)

I'll try to keep updated with the game engine as much as I can.

• 2 weeks later...
It will be a sad era when Microsoft forces us to use compatible programming languages in future Windows, and taking away the compatibility of VB6\.

StormShell, I was wondering what your computer specifications were. My note book doesn't even use half it's CPU while running EO, so I was surprised to hear that it takes up 100% on yours.

@StormShellX:

> I hate to say this…but this engine only uses half of my CPU, while EO uses 100 percent of my CPU...hate to break robins heart but I think .NET is actually worth using...

What type of system are you running?! Something like this shouldn't be using so much CPU.

Hi,

That looks pretty cool. The thing I'm most interested to see is the combat system though. From what I have seen pretty much all online pokemon games use a shitty form with buttons for combat instead of doing it the proper way like the gameboy games. Have you started to work on that yet? Would love to see some screenshots. By the way, I attached an xml to my post, it contains 493 pokemon with all their data incl evolutions, abilities and what tm/hm they can be taught. Might be useful for you, will save a lot of time collecting data.

@Joost:

> Hi,
>
> That looks pretty cool. The thing I'm most interested to see is the combat system though. From what I have seen pretty much all online pokemon games use a shitty form with buttons for combat instead of doing it the proper way like the gameboy games.

![](http://wiki-images.enotes.com/f/f1/Bulbasaur_pokemon_red.png)

No form of buttons… none at all.
From what I have seen pretty much all online pokemon games are the definition of shit.

@Kusy:

> ![](http://wiki-images.enotes.com/f/f1/Bulbasaur_pokemon_red.png)
>
> No form of buttons… none at all.
> From what I have seen pretty much all online pokemon games are the definition of shit.

We are trying our best to have all of the battle data in 1 single form. and my goal is to make it more like the original type of pokemon game. I dislike pop up screens for battling also…

@Joost:

> Hi,
>
> That looks pretty cool. The thing I'm most interested to see is the combat system though. From what I have seen pretty much all online pokemon games use a shitty form with buttons for combat instead of doing it the proper way like the gameboy games. Have you started to work on that yet? Would love to see some screenshots. By the way, I attached an xml to my post, it contains 493 pokemon with all their data incl evolutions, abilities and what tm/hm they can be taught. Might be useful for you, will save a lot of time collecting data.

Thanks for the data man but I already have a nice good working database :)….the game is giving me mad errors so I have quite a bit of bug fixing to do.

however here is the download link ->
http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=8JaIYe51a

here is what you need to do to run the game.
UnZip release.zip
Open up the release folder and BEFORE you do anything, run "runtime.exe"
(otherwise you will get a game crash right as you open the game client)
after you install the runtimes than you can open the game client, create an account, head on into the house to grab yourself a starter pokemon, head on out into the grass patch and battle away!

yeah its all buggy, the buttons are temporary, as soon as i can fix the keyboard input….ever thing should work smoothly. btw battles you wont have to click to or use your mouse AT all to attack, you can just use directional keys like the old GBA style, try using the delete key when your out of battle, you can scroll around :D the menu using directional keys instead of using a mouse :D