Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

World of Warcraft

Jumbofile

I KNOW I will get hate but im doing this anyway.

If anyone on this forum plays WoW add me.

Im on the server Rexxar and im level 31 as of 6/17/12

I made a guild named Thalion and anyone from eclipse is welcome.

Say your wow name below and i will add you

Hate??? I'll show you hate…. this damn topic is on my site as well.... this is what i said....

> Thats why i like guild wars. you can pay liek 30 bucks for gw, gw:nightfall, gw:factions and another 30 on eye of the north… so what liek 60 bucks gets you pretty much everything in the game....
>
> Then you can pay for extra features that re not really needed. Like more space in your bank... I've had the same amount of space since 2006... I haven't ran out yet. and if you do you can make huge amounts of cash cuz everything is stackable to like 30....

lol yea just realized with out the rest of the replies my quote make sno sense lol

anywho my point is why the hell pay what 10 bucks a month? when you can pay a one time fee of 60 bucks and have no limits to what you can do on your account in other games… even free to play games like Runes of Magic you dont have to buy thinks from their store... WoW and any game you pay monthly subscribtion fees are just a waste of money. Comone its blizzard... they have a steady income from SC and Diablo....

@Joost:

> WoW is pretty much the market example of an MMORPG nowadays so if you're seriously trying to make an online game and have never played WoW you are doing something wrong.

Your wrong… if you never played wow and making an mmo or an orgp then your doing something right....

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blades-edge/G%C3%A9%C3%A9n/simple

My armory link btw. I pretty much quit WoW when DS came out, besides 2 heroic bosses in DS I've cleared all content in cata on heroic. Got a realmfirst for nefarion heroic, 2nd/third on all other kills i think.

@crzyone9584:

> Your wrong… if you never played wow and making an mmo or an orgp then your doing something right....

I'm lost as to your meaning there.

However, I personally think there is no reason to make a game remotely similar to WoW. I'm not saying it's a bad game, I've never played, I just think there's no reason to make a game unless the game is distinctly different.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm on Twisting Nether. I currently have I think 5 level 85 guys, and my lowest level character on the server is 65\. I've got ten characters on there.

And yeah, even if you don't like WoW, it's currently the market leader. If you want to make a successful MMO, studying what the current kingpin did right is a pretty damn good idea.
Crzy, I don't know what you're thinking, but you're not being smart. Nobody asked you to like WoW, but if you honestly think that you shouldn't look at it and see what you can learn, then you're never going to go anywhere when it comes to making games.

I've played this for ages and ages, mostly during Vanilla, TBC and Wrath though. (Cataclysm just lacks a feeling of suspense and doesn't quite appeal to me). I'm thinking of coming back when  Pandaria is released. :] Sadly I play on the EU servers though. :[

@Jumbofile:

> I played from wrath to now and i liked wrath because it took skill to get to 85.

Oh you best be joking. Wrath was the easiest, most hold-your-hand expansion that they did. Vanilla took more skill. Burning Crusade took more skill. Cataclysm, especially near the beginning, took more skill.
Wrath was easy, which is part of the reason why WoW had it's largest playerbase during that time.

I've played since mid vanilla, so I've seen the evolution of this puppy.