Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DAX Engine v1.0.0.7

Hes in there, but as alot of people do not realize, I have rewritten alot of his stuff.. I outa get a github open so people see this stuff for themselves.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleaned up your topic. For the record, if you want to have a new custom version post, just make a post in a different section and ask one of us to move it over if you have something to show. It's a lot easier that way instead of having to manually remove posts and edit stuff.

As for your map editor, why not try making a more intuitive system than a carbon-copy of the current editor? I've always thought the Mirage editors were a bit of a bother to work with as you'd swap between several editor screens rather than having a simple comprehensive screen with everything you could need.

I plan to have map properties and settings all on that one form. If Im missing the point of what your saying then enlighten me. All feedback is needed.

I was thinking more along the lines of not having a copy of the EO/Mirage map editor, but a real one that has more features and is based in a seperate screen rather than making use of the gamescreen. It's just awkward, and doesn't fit modern engines in my opinion. Think of it like the RPGMaker editors, have undo/redo functionality, easily accessible menus and options to get things done. Sure, it's harder to add but it will eventually really help the end-user(s).

Thomas is still in the stage deciding wether or not he should stick with winsocks or not, while Ihad already replaced the networking system, clleaned up codes, did some bugfixes, and added my own touchins/features. What happened between me and ertzell is sure as hell none of your concern but if your still nosey about it. I fked up and apologized to ertzel for accusations. So me and him are clear. So while you work on your whatever it is your working on ill be working on my version of the engine. Thomas is still in my credits anyway. Anything I edit goes straight to his site anyway.

Yes, Dax and I have talked about it in PM's and thats all cleared up. I can see his concerns and that some of our things were similar so I understand where he was coming from. But as he said we have talked about it and are okay now. I'm a member on his forum again also now so its all cool. We can drop that drama.

**Changelog: v1.0.0.7**

-Ertzel has created an editor suite for the game.

Screenshots:

![](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/filehost/31fd68db96621c5e31973b901abb69a5.png)

Just so no one gets confused, when Dax says the editor was created by me, thats because after we talked out the problems we were having we decided to team together and both work on the DAX Engine. We had talked about this a little before and decided it is now a good time to do so. Dax will be working on most/all of the core systems needed and I'll be working on the extra features like Parties, Guilds, GM System, Editors… This way we can both focus on our different portions of the engine while everything gets made.

Yea I dont under stnad why gitHub isent working properly. Ill take a look at it. In the mean time mean and ertzel will just keep working on the source.

**- Update on my Development - **

Previews of Current Editor:

>! ![](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/filehost/5495128c6f95815b2a494b8cea452e0d.png)
>! ![](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/filehost/b48a046eddf8d675b923ac5f3f63a9cd.png)
>! ![](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/filehost/d4bd4150ab7dc80b5584514791b6dd28.png)

The Account Editor is fully functional with saving/loading/new accounts and changing of data.

The Map Editor can save/load and change Map Settings, change Editor Settings and create a new blank map. The actual mapping part hasn't been coded yet.

The Publish System is just a quick preview of what this will look like. None of it is programmed yet but the idea behind it is:
Each developer will have their own editor suite on their PC, they can work on these edits and as they do the edits get saved locally to their own machines and not the server. This means you can fully finish your edits before they effect the actual game. Once you are ready to release your edits you will press the File Button, then Publish Data. That will bring up the window in the screenshot shown. From here you login with your details and it will send that login to the server. If your details check out then your local files will get sent to the server and replace its current files then send them to all players to update the game.

I will also be adding a Update Data system which will work the opposite of the Publish Data. So you will again login and then the server will send you all of its current files, this way if another developer publishes something, you can update your editor.