Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[BETA] Deloria Origins

Xlithan

As some of you may have guessed, Deloria Origins is a new spin-off of the classic Deloria Online game originally created by Jeff O'Blenis (Nexemis).

For the passed few years, I have ran and maintained versions of the classic Deloria Online, including the original style Deloria Online 2.2 version (Later renamed simply to Deloria Online), as well as a more progressed and developed version which was released more recently (Deloria Online 2).
Unfortunately, due to my hard drive failing and all my data being lost, I have started again with a very new version of Deloria Online.

Deloria Origins uses a whole new gaming engine (Eclipse Origins) and a brand new graphics set (Breeze Revolution) which gives old players back the world of Deloria, in a fresh new style with tons of new features including Quests, Pets, Spells and Skills.

–-----------

Deloria Origins is now in it's 3rd phase of development, and we have recently released v0.4 which is our biggest update yet.

**FEATURES**
Here is a list of features that have been added onto a base version of EO 2.0

* Projectile weapons
* Account activation
* Training rooms
* Colour coded action messages in combat
* Better private message format
* Right-Click shop keepers
* Right-click Bank NPCs
* More equipment types
* Better stat/combat formulas

Deloria Origins is a fun hack 'n' slash style game with fresh graphics and a veteran player base.

Right now we are in beta stage. This version of testing is for NPC/Item balancing. v0.5 will be the introduction of quests and partying.

You can sign up to the forums and download the game from http://www.deloria.draignet.uk

**Screenshot**

![](http://media.indiedb.com/images/games/1/17/16800/newinterface6.jpg)

I'm doing a load of work on the server at the moment, and I've just updated the client so it may not run without errors.
The server may be down now for a couple of days while I update the game to v0.5.

Don't really see the point in matching themes. People won't spend enough time on the website to make it worth spending hours on.

I agree Niall, the interface does need some more work. I might perhaps make the game screen wider. It was a lot better but people still use 1024x768 resolution so I had to cut it down and make the main game screen smaller :(  Unfortunately due to DX7 I can't make the screen itself 1024x768 and have transparent windows for stuff, and I have no intentions of upgrading to DX8.

For those of you who aren't registered on the forums, here's a list of updates I've made recently for v0.5\. This isn't a feature list, just an update list from the previous version.

**Version 0.5 Updates**
**- Prevented info box from being typed into.
- Private messages now display in chat box with a slightly different format.
- Damage formulas rewritten.
- "/me" command now working correctly.
- Training house removed. You can now level up anywhere.
- Added whisper command so that only people 2 squares away can read your message**

**- Changed the way shops buy items from the player.**
In the older version, shops would buy ANY item from the player, and I don't like that. Some games set up their shops so that they only buy back only what they sell for a percentage of the selling price. In our shop system, a 'buy value' is assigned to individual items, and then a 'buy rate' can be adjusted in the shop settings via a percentage value.

Most of the time, the buy value is the same as the sell price, but the buy rate might be 50-75%.

I have changed absolutely nothing in terms of shop interaction. The only difference now is that it will tell you that you can't sell the item if it hasn't been assigned to the shops buy list.
Shops will mostly buy back what they sell, certain items may be unsellable to any shop, and some shops might buy certain goods that they don't sell.

Shops are able to buy items from you without having anything to sell.

–--------------------

I want to remove the information box completely, and print information to the game screen instead. The reason i've separated information from chat is because the boxes are small and it's annoying trying to keep up with conversations.

I sprited with them for an attempt a long time ago for my game, but I lost the files and all. I know Green Raven is the author, so if you Google that plus Breeze it will surely pop up somewhere.

I did a quick search and found [this](http://www.phanxgames.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9108). Good luck on finding them. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)