Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Look… I know its not supported but anyone to fix cs:de?

Ariel

I know what you gonna say, **spare** this please. dont try and talk me out of csde, im too deep and too much in love with it. nothing feels like it, on developing and on playing.

I must get this render engine fixed mates, must. Anyone willing to help? I have no idea where to start so even a small clue would help.

we can discuss on some payment.

Contact me here or ask for my skype name ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

That it, Im off for tonight. thanks for you time. I hope we will find an agreement with out an argument on cs:de.

Why are people still trying to fix this? Hasn't joyce and myself expressed numerous times that it isn't worth fixing.

You could just as easily preform the same glossy features with eclipse 3.0 that CS:DE offers, if not easier. I would recommend you to do this.

Regards,

General Pony

> Why are people still trying to fix this? Hasn't joyce and myself expressed numerous times that it isn't worth fixing.
>
> You could just as easily preform the same glossy features with eclipse 3.0 that CS:DE offers, if not easier. I would recommend you to do this.
>
> Regards,
>
> General Pony

Who cares it's not worth fixing; seriously? If you don't care, or Joyce doesn't care don't post- simple enough.

If he wants to fix it and want to pay for it, let him.

CS:DE is really broken mate. Not worth fixing. Then engine has been out for about a year now, and NO ONE has fixed it. EN 3.0 is sooo mch bettter. Just use it.

> CS:DE is really broken mate. Not worth fixing. Then engine has been out for about a year now, and NO ONE has fixed it. EN 3.0 is sooo mch bettter. Just use it.

Not completely broken, Robin figured it out, so why not some1 here? It just needs some thing of unloading/reloading textures when form loses focus, that is main problem

> Not completely broken, Robin figured it out, so why not some1 here? It just needs some thing of unloading/reloading textures when form loses focus, that is main problem

Thanks for beeing the only one who read. also thanks for the reply, Ill look into it.

Im in touch with Zerox8 ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) Great pale!

i looking for something in the mid-time, and im actually asking what is wrong not someone to fix it for me ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> Who cares it's not worth fixing; seriously? If you don't care, or Joyce doesn't care don't post- simple enough.
>
> If he wants to fix it and want to pay for it, let him.

Since when is it a crime to save people $$, time & butt hurt?

I just don't understand why so many people want to take the hard way when a halfway decent D3D8 engine is ready for picking. Unless you are doing this for learning purposes, or are planning on making your own custom version. It seems like a waste of time & money if you are paying for it.

> You obviously cant read eather MSN massages and forum massages.
>
> So dont reply agian, thanks.
>
> What else can I do? Slap the word "SPARE" on you face? Com'on

For General Ponies sake, try to have a open mind. I'm sure that he is completely aware of what you want, and you seem extremely stubborn about it. What General General Pony has suggested is a happy medium; what if you took everything you loved from CS:DE and recreate it into Eclipse Origins? You will get the best of both worlds, a source with (presumably) much fewer issues than CS:DE, but has everything you wanted from CS:DE.

When people suggest better alternatives, we're just trying to help you out - not rob you.

> Not completely broken, Robin figured it out, so why not some1 here? It just needs some thing of unloading/reloading textures when form loses focus, that is main problem

Robin didn't fix his DX8 class, he still uses preset sizes for his assets, and Jscinder did a much better job at making the class flexible. That is bad practice and just plain horrible. He may have a fancy UI, but deep down it is probably a bloody mess. As much as I would like to say Mirage itself is just not worth using, why people use it is beyond me, and if you want to take the extra time to code in this ancient thing more power to you. I can't even get Visual Basic 6 to run on Windows 8\. I'm stuck using portable, which has a load of problems in itself.

The big thing here is if your data can be converted why not just use the better engine? Your data can be converted easily to EO 3.0 or whatever version it is now.

You can also use Deathbeam's [Eclipse Advanced](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/128709-engine-eclipse-advanced-v307/) custom engine if you want to have that "CS:DE" feeling for the GUI. And I think he's trying to make it CS:DE like already, I guess you'll have to wait for the release!

Oh god people just cant read now-days, Looks like its became exactly what i didnt want it to became. I didnt asked for a better suggestion, i made myself clear that i know all the things you where gonna say but i wrote clearly to spare them and get to the point.

-___________-

Please, PLEASE read or just stop reply.

The thing is people don't even want to fix it for money. It is a waste of time and effort when Jscinder already replaced it. If you like the feel of Crystalshire you can just adjust the movement and editors slightly. It takes like 5 minutes. Fixing that DirectX class would take a lot more time. I have replaced DirectX classes a few times, so I have some experience in this, and every single sub has to be modified if you make any breaking changes. Robin has preset constant values in each sub most likely, so to revise this I would have to go through each sub and clean it up, and alter it to be dynamic.

> The thing is people don't even want to fix it for money. It is a waste of time and effort when Jscinder already replaced it. If you like the feel of Crystalshire you can just adjust the movement and editors slightly. It takes like 5 minutes. Fixing that DirectX class would take a lot more time. I have replaced DirectX classes a few times, so I have some experience in this, and every single sub has to be modified if you make any breaking changes. Robin has preset constant values in each sub most likely, so to revise this I would have to go through each sub and clean it up, and alter it to be dynamic.

Fair point but he also asked for some clues on what he should do to try and fix it. If you have experience you should give him some directions as he is wants to fix CS:DE and doesn't care about anything else ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

I would completely throw out the entire DirectX class and use Jscinder's version if I was him. The Eclipse Advanced posted above has the GUI and everything. It is a huge amount of work and not hard, just a pain in the ass. Crystalshire is cluttered with bugs anyway, I don't want to help people who are completely lost in their own vision and ignore any feedback they receive.

Whenever I actually get the time to do ANYTHING I will move 90% of this to a diff topic. Now. Stop posting unless you are wanting to accept the request. Next CSDE discouraging post gets a nice pile of warning points >.>. The author has stated over and over again that he does not want it discussed here.