Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anti Hack system?

troglodite

Somebody hacked my server ![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png)

Is there an anti hack system??

Please!!

I searched in the forums, but didn´t found ![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png)

edit: me=dumbass, didnt erase paswrd and name of my admin account U.U

> What you mean by "hacked" can you specify what they did?

Edited some Maps (used the MapEditor)

Erased all the items, all the NPC, all the Spells… ![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png)

there is a anit hack codes in my tw source, it crash's anyone doing anything to the packets, like making item copys or moving maps via packet jumping. but i hell dont know how to rip it XD… or make it match current eo so ill take a look if i can move it when i get time : P

If they erased all of your stuff, that's down to people with access having stupid passwords.

The best prevention is to use strong passwords, remove access when it's not needed, and only delegate high access to people who need it. (In this case, the only person would be you.)

> there is a anit hack codes in my tw source, it crash's anyone doing anything to the packets, like making item copys or moving maps via packet jumping. but i hell dont know how to rip it XD… or make it match current eo so ill take a look if i can move it when i get time : P

That would be great, seriusly, you can help me an others a lot!

> If they erased all of your stuff, that's down to people with access having stupid passwords.
>
> The best prevention is to use strong passwords, remove access when it's not needed, and only delegate high access to people who need it. (In this case, the only person would be you.)

Im the only admin, so I think that they can simply make admin themselves…(?) But yes I will put a long paswrd

> Make daily backups for your servers
>
> Make a client for devs(and if you can server) and another one for players with no editing capabilities
>
> Etc…

Thats a very good idea… Thx people

"But yes I will put a long paswrd "

you dont need long password… Just use all avabile symbols like 5aEd!fs3r@ not, thisisverylongpasswordsoitslongandunhackablelongpassword , the first example will be more safer. xD

Suggestion, just make random 8H#r9*qYH*R , write it on note somewhere, not in notepad and when u need to access server, just rewrote from note.

I think what also could of happened is when you gave your players the client, you forgot to erase your password from the config.ini file. So your password and username may have already been saved for them.

This happens very often with new players.

Also if you have features like a Create Guild or Friend List, it is easy in EO to close programming lines and insert your own. For example if you used a friendlist from source and the code works in such a way that the textbox to add a friend is in this piece of code:

Call AddFriend(txtbox)

they can type this in the text box: blahblah) Call GiveAdmin(index, 5) or w/e (just an example the code here makes no sense I know)

They can basicly close the line and add "blahblah" but then also have the program run the code behind that line.

Of course it is easy to edit your source to protect yourself from such events. Making backup once a day is also a good idea.

> I think what also could of happened is when you gave your players the client, you forgot to erase your password from the config.ini file. So your password and username may have already been saved for them.
>
> This happens very often with new players.
>
> Also if you have features like a Create Guild or Friend List, it is easy in EO to close programming lines and insert your own. For example if you used a friendlist from source and the code works in such a way that the textbox to add a friend is in this piece of code:
>
> Call AddFriend(txtbox)
>
> they can type this in the text box: blahblah) Call GiveAdmin(index, 5) or w/e (just an example the code here makes no sense I know)
>
> They can basicly close the line and add "blahblah" but then also have the program run the code behind that line.
>
> Of course it is easy to edit your source to protect yourself from such events. Making backup once a day is also a good idea.

**I feel like a BIG DUMBASS**… I didnt deleted the Name and Paswrd in one of the uploaded clients... >_<

Have to erase the character and rewrite paswrd... THX for the tips!

> I made an antihack but idk if its still on the german board and im now on phone >:<

I think that is necesary an antihack post in tutorial… ![:rolleyes:](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif)

Regards to all!

> […]
>
> Also if you have features like a Create Guild or Friend List, it is easy in EO to close programming lines and insert your own. For example if you used a friendlist from source and the code works in such a way that the textbox to add a friend is in this piece of code:
>
> Call AddFriend(txtbox)
>
> they can type this in the text box: blahblah) Call GiveAdmin(index, 5) or w/e (just an example the code here makes no sense I know)
>
> They can basicly close the line and add "blahblah" but then also have the program run the code behind that line.
>
> […]

… :|

That is all.

EDIT: OK, I should be more specific. Code Injection -obviously- won't work like that.

Unless if you can somehow accidentally create an instance of the Microsoft Scripting Runtime, and mix it up with a textbox, but if that's the case, VB6 probably isn't for you.

> "But yes I will put a long paswrd "
>
> you dont need long password… Just use all avabile symbols like 5aEd!fs3r@ not, thisisverylongpasswordsoitslongandunhackablelongpassword , the first example will be more safer. xD
>
> Suggestion, just make random 8H#r9*qYH*R , write it on note somewhere, not in notepad and when u need to access server, just rewrote from note.

Have you never played fallout? The note is always discovered.

> Oh well, an user just banned me XD and I have the high acces… this becomes funny U.U
>
> AND VERY ANNOYING :/
>
> I still have hacking problems, for sure >_<

Don't you have access to the server? O_O

Your running the server.exe you have the ultimate power over any user.

Turn off your server, change the port from say 4000 to 4001 and turn it back on. Log into the server and give yourself admin on a new account. Start rebuilding and when your ready, delete the account folder and change the port back to 4000 and run your server.

Good luck.