Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quest System: Quest Types

Mellowz

Cursed item removal-Finds an item thats cursed via item maker checkbox, but player doesnt know till equip/pickup.  needs special something to remove curse

Sneak somewhere-If you use spells or attack, quest automatically fails. If get attacked, fail. Could be addition to get item quests, dunno

pk point goal-probably would only hurt lower players

Puzzle-Some person/enchanted door/chest needs a specific word or something to open/bypass, must find the clue hidden in the world(aka a book, or rumor from npc)

Race-Timed event, whoever signs up at npc has to race to other npc/finish point anywhere developer makes it to win prize or something

just a few more possabilities

please make it so the scripted part can be part of a regular quest.

I find that with hard coded systems(such as the spells system) that i like the preset system but i only want to script in a small portion and let the hard coded setup do the rest. rather than script everything.

i dont think there is any way to currently do this as a scripted spell and a hard coded spell are not even accessed the same way from what i see.

multi-part quests.
give a list to outlay an adventure…
example of lists:
Travel to [town name]
Speak with [NPC name]
Discover [area]
Kill [NPC Name]
Deliver [item] to [NPC name]

so instead of making each of those a seperate quest, make it one with parts, player has to complete all of it for end result… not just know they can go kill an npc and start a quest with that item.

@Anna:

> This thread is kinda a reason why I never wanted such a thing. I'd rather have basic barebones stuff more versatile and/or generic than making a built-in quest system.

I agree.

Sadscript is fine for quests, why trying to make it more limited then it already is?

Regards, Godlord.

Quest system?

Using an editor is pretty limiting. Simply program in the different checks where needed in the source.

For example, when talking to an NPC (If Eclipse has a talking system or some sort) go to the part where the conversation is initalised and add a quick case:

```
Select Case NpcNum
Case 10 'Npc Number 10
If GetPlayerQuestFlag(index, 1) = 1 then 'Get the flag of quest number 1
playermsg index, "George: Hey, need some chickenz", cyan
SetQuestFlag index, 1, 2 'the flag of quest number 1 to the second part
elseif getplayerquestflag(index, 1) = 2 then
If PlayerHasItem(index, 1) then 'if player has item number 1 (not sure of the syntax in eclipse) then...
playermsg index, "George: Thanks for the chicnekz mate", cyan
SetQuestFlag index, 1, 3' the flag is now set to 3, which in this case means the end of the quest
end if
end if

```
Which handles a very quick, hard-coded quest.

With Eclipse's sadscript system though, you could easily turn it into a scriptable system.

Now, go around and add these checks where you want different flags to occur. After an npc has been killed, or after a certain tile has been crossed etc. etc.

Very simple, but very effective if you build up some custom additions to it.

@Robin:

> Quest system?
>
> Using an editor is pretty limiting. Simply program in the different checks where needed in the source.
>
> For example, when talking to an NPC (If Eclipse has a talking system or some sort) go to the part where the conversation is initalised and add a quick case:
>
> ```
> Select Case NpcNum
> Case 10 'Npc Number 10
> If GetPlayerQuestFlag(index, 1) = 1 then 'Get the flag of quest number 1
> playermsg index, "George: Hey, need some chickenz", cyan
> SetQuestFlag index, 1, 2 'the flag of quest number 1 to the second part
> elseif getplayerquestflag(index, 1) = 2 then
> If PlayerHasItem(index, 1) then 'if player has item number 1 (not sure of the syntax in eclipse) then...
> playermsg index, "George: Thanks for the chicnekz mate", cyan
> SetQuestFlag index, 1, 3' the flag is now set to 3, which in this case means the end of the quest
> end if
> end if
>
> ```
> Which handles a very quick, hard-coded quest.
>
> With Eclipse's sadscript system though, you could easily turn it into a scriptable system.
>
> Now, go around and add these checks where you want different flags to occur. After an npc has been killed, or after a certain tile has been crossed etc. etc.
>
> Very simple, but very effective if you build up some custom additions to it.

That's how the quest system is designed.

This quest system will be fine though. It gives you plenty of options and you can script the whole quest if you want through the editor, by selecting the quest script. Plus it sets up the back bones for you so you do not have too. It also has the new conversation system and the quest log. Since the quest editor sets the quests up in sections (different events that happen) it marks the parts done down and updates the quest log. You cannot go wrong with this system.