Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To Robin..Developer?

Sean23

This isnt a rant i just think after reading a lot of users forum posts you have a real harsh response, being a developer i would consider you to be a nice person, not smart to other. I've noticed everyone else has a warm welcome, whats with you? live in a toaster?
![](http://www.tomwet.de/shop/catalog/images/Totenkof-Toaster-Skull.jpg)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's OK robin *hug*

Just don't be mean to the noobs, just because they know nothing and ask questions that have been answer 9001 times before doesn't mean that you shouldn't be nice to them D:

(Trust me, I hate them too, I want to burn them into small smoldering piles of ashes but, for the better of Eclipse I wont D:)

well appreciate you not geting overwhelmingly pissed off and yell at me like most people who would think this is a rant, atleast you understand what my concerns were and now i respect you and that you had a bit of a mood, its all good because we all have those days. thanks.

@anasky:

> Could you help me with my Source edit then?
> I've been waiting on your response the past month, and you still didn't helped me out, nor said anything to me!
>
> * * *
>
> Anasky

Because I don't want to help you ;D

@Sean23:

> well appreciate you not geting overwhelmingly pissed off and yell at me like most people who would think this is a rant, atleast you understand what my concerns were and now i respect you and that you had a bit of a mood, its all good because we all have those days. thanks.

Thanks.

@[SB:

> Bone link=topic=31523.msg287693#msg287693 date=1222025466]
> i think the guy who wrote this is the only guy complaining?

Well, so am I…
I've waited a month, after a few polite messages, and he just doesn't responds. And now, after letting me wait that long, he just doesn't want to help me...
So, yea, I'm complaining.

Anasky

@anasky:

> Well, so am I…
> I've waited a month, after a few polite messages, and he just doesn't responds. And now, after letting me wait that long, he just doesn't want to help me...
> So, yea, I'm complaining.
>
> * * *
>
> He wrote that he blocked a load of people b/c they keep on asking him for coding, gfx, etc. This is the internet, if you want someone to help you, you have to give something in return. Also, he does not want to waste his time on a game/games that look like shit(no offense to anybody) and it turns out later that it will not be released. Especially those newcomers: OPEN BETA SOON, 20 MAPS, MIXED TILES, FEATURES ARE SPRITES, GFX, SHIT. Now if you want him to help you, look at your game, and see if it really deserves it.
> Anasky

@anasky:

> Ok, it makes some sence now…
> But why didn't he said it then?
> And I offered him acces 4 in the game in return if he made the battle system work (by helping me out).
>
> * * *
>
> Anasky
> P.S.: Since when do we set a response INSIDE a quote? :P

I don't want access to your game. When I program something, it's because the owner shows how much they can do with it.

Take Kreator for example. His work on his Zelda game was fantastic, so I offered to make an engine for them.

@anasky:

> Well, so am I…
> I've waited a month, after a few polite messages, and he just doesn't responds. And now, after letting me wait that long, he just doesn't want to help me...
> So, yea, I'm complaining.
>
> * * *
>
> Anasky

If every great coder wroked for anyone that asked there would be a million greatly coded unfinished games.

And we coders don't have time for that.

@Robin:

> I don't want access to your game. When I program something, it's because the owner shows how much they can do with it.
>
> Take Kreator for example. His work on his Zelda game was fantastic, so I offered to make an engine for them.

Probably not, but what else do you want? Money which I don't got nor allowed to give?

@Munro:

> If every great coder wroked for anyone that asked there would be a million greatly coded unfinished games.
>
> And we coders don't have time for that.

True :P

@janpk:

> well, everyone knows robin sucks balls, but dont matter, there are enough nice people around here…

not nice to say, but its true (for a bit) xD

Anasky

I don't want anything from you, Anasky. As I said, if I think a game has potential I may work on it.

Don't start bitching at me when I don't help you.

I'm a decent programmer, I'm good at making small games and I'm getting alright at photoshop. It seems most people see this as some sort of sign saying 'WILL CODE FOR ALL YOUR GAMES'.

You just need to realise you're not the only person to ask me for help. My inbox is filled with people asking me about shit, and my Eclipse list on MSN is filled with blocked people who took it too far.

If I don't help you, don't take it personally. Move on. Don't start insulting me because of it.

@janpk:

> well, everyone knows robin sucks balls, but dont matter, there are enough nice people around here…

flamebait

@Robin:

> I don't want anything from you, Anasky. As I said, if I think a game has potential I may work on it.
>
> Don't start Female Doging at me when I don't help you.
>
> I'm a decent programmer, I'm good at making small games and I'm getting alright at photoshop. It seems most people see this as some sort of sign saying 'WILL CODE FOR ALL YOUR GAMES'.
>
> You just need to realise you're not the only person to ask me for help. My inbox is filled with people asking me about shit, and my Eclipse list on MSN is filled with blocked people who took it too far.
>
> If I don't help you, don't take it personally. Move on. Don't start insulting me because of it.

this thread needs lock.