Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Free] Host your game on my VPS

Magdreamer

Hey everyone & anyone,

I just bought a VPS, eventually I'll use it for Nin Online, but just to stress test it.

Anybody want to host their game on the server?

I'll be paying for it monthly for as long as I can, which is **probably** going to be forever.

I'm not going to be a hobo anytime soon :)

I'd like to warn that when I release Nin Online, and the server isn't capable of handling two games well, you'll probably need to find a new solution.

(I'd have most likely upgraded to a better VPS plan by then though)

Despite this, I'd like to be of help to anyone who was once like me, who doesn't have a budget and desperately needing a host.

It's a USA based Windows 2008 server with very basic/budget specifications.

512mb Ram

20gb Diskpace

1TB Bandwidth

Windows Server 2008

![](http://i.imgur.com/11HsuIK.png)

To make sure I won't overload this server.

One game.

**Requirements**

-Playable

-Will be well maintained

-Not buggy

-Not a horrible game

I'd be careful… an Eclipse based server with a semi-decent amount of allocated items, maps, etc can get close to using 500mb of ram. I defiantly understand why you do not want to host more than one but an extra 512mb couldn't hurt if only for that.

Hello Rory. I will need soon some place where i can host server for my game, [Realmshine](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/133419-wip-realmshine/), and i think i meet all requirements except Playable, becouse i finished only starting map. But i am working on it hard and i think i can have finished atleast content till lvl10 fast.

-Deathbeam

Thats like my new host :-) i just got 4 GB Ram ;-) and 250GB Diskspace but i can tell you im hosting now 4 (with my game 5) server and i used first just 2GB ram its… near not enough i got around 1000 - 2000 items at last 32 classes round 1000 sprites (Much characervariations) and already 100+ maps that takes some ram ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
For those posting for server hosting requests, I think it would help Rory if you included a link to your game project page. Saying something like "Can you host my game, it only has…" such and such, DOES NOT LOOK GOOD. Rory would like to see if your game is worth hosting, so try to include some more info. This goes for future server hosts as well. 

Thanks

~SkywardRiver

> For those posting for server hosting requests, I think it would help Rory if you included a link to your game project page. Saying something like "Can you host my game, it only has…" such and such, DOES NOT LOOK GOOD. Rory would like to see if your game is worth hosting, so try to include some more info. This goes for future server hosts as well. 
>
>  
>
> Thanks
>
>  
>
>    ~SkywardRiver

Did he tell you that? or it's just what you think?