Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse.Net[Development started]

demon xxx x

Well, I guess I can let you all in on this.

I've taken the liberty of Eclipse.NET.

**What is it?**
Eclipse.NET is a Visual Basic.NET version of Eclipse.  I have discussed this with Marsh, and he allowed me to do this.  I am letting you all know about it now, since official development on it has started.
It will have New features that Eclipse does not have, it will have a lot of the same features though.  It will be user friendly, and I will add in a "First Time user (Creator Only)" tutorial on how to use.  [Including: How to access Map Editor, Item Editor, etc.  It will also help you on some simple Monster/Enemy statistics for "newb" enemies]
If I can, it will have official Eclipse.NET graphics.

**Who are the current developers?**
Lord Tipsta, and I are the only 2 devs.  Just give me a PM, submit a simple "application" explaining your level skill with VB.Net [Average, Intermediate, Advanced, etc.]
I will not accept beginners unless you are a skilled enough beginner to help with minor features to add in, credit will be given, you will be considered a developer.

**When is the expected Release date?**
Please.. don't ask this question.  Development JUST started.. 2 days ago?  I have a total of… 5 hours time worked into it, as I work late usually.

**Why let us know so early?**
Because, I liked to make you wait… [No! Just kidding]
So you can all know on current updates, and know that the engine is being made.

**You know VB.Net, will you post tutorials?**
Yes, eventually I will post some tutorials for you guys.  VB.Net is a fun language to learn, quite easy.

**Updates/Development**
Thought it would be cool, Every 32x32 px coordinates will update under picGame.

2008 © Dezire Software            2008 (c) Touch of Death Productions

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@tiggilyboo:

> I don't see any point in making eclipse into .NET. The only new things that you could do with this, is to let newcomers edit the source with free capabilities. Just my opinion in the matter,
>    -Tiggilyboo

But its just a version of Eclipse. They would be crazy to totally kick Eclipse to the side for Eclipse.NET

VB.net is kind-of crappy though
.net framework is essentially an "interpreted" language that only works on windows machines. Why not just use java? The benefit of that is that code will never have to be redone because updates to the framework update the program. The downside is that its slow, (VB6 actually is faster) and there really is no difference between VB.net and VC++.net.

Anyway, Eclipse.net would be useful to some people seeing how the .net framework/development is free. I suggest that if you are going to do this, wait for EE3.0 so that it does not become obsolete halfway through development.
Anyone remember the development of EI? That was in vb.net. I got the server around here somewhere. There is also EGDK libraries that I will release upon beta. No reason to ever have to reinvent stuff.