Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Runescape Bassed Game

@Hippoman789:

> its gunna sux big time.

Very descriptive…..

I think the consept of runescape is okay, it is a free game with not too much of a story but yet alot of the quest tie together and stuff, i think it is cool.
I think if you were to make a game similar to runescape, i would first, not make it browser based, although cool, it is WAY to much work.
Second, the graphics stink, if you were to do this, make it full 3d and make it good, or make it 2d but then you have to make up with great features and such.

I dont know if this would help to much, but in my final statement, Runescape has been made, if you wanna make a game similar then great, but don't base it off of Runescape, make it not get boring after a certant level, and make EVERYTHING FREE. :D

@Lord:

> wtf yes or no>

No. Let me explain why. Runescape is the most cookie cutter ORPG you can find. It is fun because it has a large player base, and is made by a professional production team. It was also fun when it first came out because at the time it WAS original. Now, an Eclipse game won't ever have a large player base. If I had to guess, I'd say you probably don't have the same production skills as the people at Jagex (or anywhere else) have. Your game will come out as a sloppy, weak version of an already unoriginal mmorpg, without many (if any) players, and in violation of several copyright laws.
It's really not that hard to think of your own ideas, and it's only slightly harder to practice with scripting, gfx, sfx and all the other things you need to truly make something your own.
If this sounds harsh, then so be it, but if your only idea is to imitate another person's idea, which wasn't especially original as is, and to imitate it badly, then your idea wont go anywhere.

I am still learning scripting, and my gfx skills are pretty limited to cut and paste and recoloring jobs (since I'm not a naturally good artist), but I absolutely refuse to make a game and brag about it until I have the skills to make it original myself. Include some things that you wouldn't normally find in an MMO, or no one will bother playing.

@Kreator:

> And if they do, they will play Runescape.

Ah, beat me to it. Yes. If people wanted to play a game _like_ Runescape…Hmm...You'd think they'd play Runescape, no?

RS does have a lot to consider though. It is a world packed full of things to do, even if those things are repetitive. The skills all work in conjunction with one another. If you want to make a game based on Runescape, I suggest you do it conceptually, not literally. There's a reason they have so many users, after all.

Personally, I'm still not sure what that reason is. ;)  Had to throw some RS-flaming in for kicks.