Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GFX program!!

ddunit

yea i was thinking the same, i have the full CS3 photoshop and CS2 imageready ( to create animated gifs)
i know that the programs are outdated :p

and when i look at the features, i have them all. i maby quite good for peoples who don't have such programs, as this one is free.

No… this program is by far the best one for pixel-editing... I am the one that pointed this out to him... it makes life easier. although you can do pixel art in photoshop, this program just brings it to a better level... its awesome. it takes some time getting used to but its amazing!

@Keebler:

> interesting program i guess i shall see if it improves my Cr*py gfx skills

To be honest, tools will not determine your skill, it is you who does, unless you were using something like Flash, Photoshop, The GIMP, etc. for pixel art.

@Tyr:

> yea i was thinking the same, i have the full CS3 photoshop and CS2 imageready ( to create animated gifs)
> i know that the programs are outdated :p
>
> and when i look at the features, i have them all. i maby quite good for peoples who don't have such programs, as this one is free.

Photoshop isn't really meant for pixel art.

@Tyr:

> what else except the gridlines makes it awesome for pixelart? :)

Here's something new: MS Paint has gridlines.

Zoom in, then use Ctrl + G.

@KDawg08:

> unlike stealing photoshop or paint shop pro, it's free ;)

MS Paint is shipped with Windows.

If you mention features, they've to be original.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlord:

> The maximum I can get so far is x10, which is enough for me.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

congrats on 4000 posts lol..

And yes if u can zoom in with paint x10 then there should be no issues, i was just stating, that just like paint(some ppl don't like paint such as myself) Gale is downloadable and has more features than paint, and it's free. unlike photoshop and paint shop pro

> and has more features than paint

Back-up your statement, please.

People keep mentioning that there are more features but so far I haven't seen any feature which MS Paint doesn't have. Unless you're trying to point out the GIF animation support and the AVI support, which a pixel artist doesn't really need, unless for showing things which I just simply do in-game if I really want animation.

> congrats on 4000 posts lol..

Thanks, the 4000th post is pretty sad though.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlord:

> Back-up your statement, please.
>
> People keep mentioning that there are more features but so far I haven't seen any feature which MS Paint doesn't have. Unless you're trying to point out the GIF animation support and the AVI support, which a pixel artist doesn't really need, unless for showing things which I just simply do in-game if I really want animation.
> Thanks, the 4000th post is pretty sad though.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

Good point taken on both… lol

I have Photoshop CS3, Gimp, and Paint(I actually use them all in turn for different things) what does this offer? To be honest glancing over it I don't even thing it would be good for making sprite sets, unless I've missed something. Another neat trick you can do for minor picture changes is use some of the Powerpoint image tools. I've made one or two things that looked nice just doing that.

> this program is by far the best one for pixel-editing

I disagree.

[Deluxe Paint](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluxe_Paint) and Cloanto's Personal Paint are both popular in the world of old school, especially games. Besides, I own these and I've them installed on my Amiga :P.

Regards,
  Godlord.