Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New sprites for Lostica?!

mrmiguu

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, i don't really like it that much. You need to add way less depth to the t-shirt and need to make the t-shirt smaller so that you can see his neck. (if you know what I mean)

You need to work on your shading a lot. Everything looks like a box. Work on the shapes and shading definatly.
(I want to help you as much as I can.)

Oh No!!!!!
Not…. A cash shop!
You have crushed my dreams of the wonderful thing that is Lostica!

I hate cash shops with a passion. They have taken over the gaming world. No longer are we allowed the freedom to play a game. Now we must also invest in it. If we don't, we are not allowed a fair oppurtunity to play the game, and to me, the game is no longer fun. I liked MMORPGs because they took me away from the world where real money dominates, an imaginary place where hard work determined your status. I believe the point of an imaginary world is taken away when real currency is a factor.
I have searched a *very long* time for a decent game with good graphics that wouldn't be too much for my computer to handle (not that its old or anything) that did not have a cash shop (or monthly fee). I only found ONE. Its name escapes me, but I uninstalled it because the controls of the game were not working correctly on my computer. I searched long and hard after that and landed upon this little pot of gold called Lostica.
What I hated the most was that 95 percent of these games were advertised as "FREE"
or "100% free to play". To me, thats like saying a country with slavery is totally free. Its just not.
So please PLEASE reconsider having a cash shop. Think about the players first. Behind each computer is a real person. That is all I ask.
Thank you very much for reading :)

(Now when it comes to selling the games in stores, I'm cool with that)

REPLY TO softbagel14 (as someone posted while i was typing)

yes you might be right.
But is there a problem with a sort of membership? peoples get acces to more area's and items. in a separate server.

Its free to play, but if you want more and more then you already have… ye, being a game dev. is a job. Its a bit the same like. I build a house for free, cuz i like doing it!

anyhow, i agree with you at some point, but not at all.

@softbagel14:

> Oh No!!!!!
> Not…. A cash shop!
> You have crushed my dreams of the wonderful thing that is Lostica!
>
> I hate cash shops with a passion. They have taken over the gaming world. No longer are we allowed the freedom to play a game. Now we must also invest in it. If we don't, we are not allowed a fair oppurtunity to play the game, and to me, the game is no longer fun. I liked MMORPGs because they took me away from the world where real money dominates, an imaginary place where hard work determined your status. I believe the point of an imaginary world is taken away when real currency is a factor.
> I have searched a *very long* time for a decent game with good graphics that wouldn't be too much for my computer to handle (not that its old or anything) that did not have a cash shop (or monthly fee). I only found ONE. Its name escapes me, but I uninstalled it because the controls of the game were not working correctly on my computer. I searched long and hard after that and landed upon this little pot of gold called Lostica.
> What I hated the most was that 95 percent of these games were advertised as "FREE"
> or "100% free to play". To me, thats like saying a country with slavery is totally free. Its just not.
> So please PLEASE reconsider having a cash shop. Think about the players first. Behind each computer is a real person. That is all I ask.
> Thank you very much for reading :)
>
> (Now when it comes to selling the games in stores, I'm cool with that)

Wow a touching story…
Anyways you do realize it **OPTIONAL** to buy items, I might not even do it due to the face I don't know how to setup and http connection with the game to establish payment transactions. Odds are i'll end up just making it so you gain PvP points and you can use them to buy cool realistic looking clothes in the cash shop or w/e. Thank you for your comment!