Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New sprites for Lostica?!

mrmiguu

If you do make cash shop items, could you at least make it possible for them to be sold at the market?
For example, on Gaiaonline.com they allow players to buy the "monthly collectibles"(what a euphemism) with their real money and then the players can sell the item in the market system for in-game points/currency. This allows the players without money to spare to get these items without having to pay real money (Instead they pay with very hard earned points).
I understand that it is optional, I just think it gives an unfair advantage to people with rich parents and credit cards, and we have enough of that in the real world, do we not?
Anyways, thanks for reading and considering my comment.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@softbagel14:

> If you do make cash shop items, could you at least make it possible for them to be sold at the market?
> For example, on Gaiaonline.com they allow players to buy the "monthly collectibles"(what a euphemism) with their real money and then the players can sell the item in the market system for in-game points/currency. This allows the players without money to spare to get these items without having to pay real money (Instead they pay with very hard earned points).
> I understand that it is optional, I just think it gives an unfair advantage to people with rich parents and credit cards, and we have enough of that in the real world, do we not?
> Anyways, thanks for reading and considering my comment.

Of course they could be sold in markets or dropped, I want everyone to have equal rights. Thats the reason I don't like membership crap, it retains the rights normal players deserve while only the players that can afford it are rewarded.

I support the cash shop idea, just remember to make sure that items that can be obtained without the use of the Cash Shop should look good, too. It was a problem with LaTale, where the ingame purchasable armor was somewhat garish, visually. The point is, being able to like what you look like online should be a basic right, not something solely for paying customers. My point is, don't neglect your non-Cash Shop items.

@Kreator:

> You seem ignorant that it still will defy the economy, and those willing to pay some cash will be able to get to the top unfairly, then those who play the game hours on end.

I already said most likely I'm going to make it so you can buy them with PvP points (that you gain from PvP of course). So that way anyone can have the items.

@Kreator:

> What about those who hate PVP? And don't say they don't exist, because I know plenty of people who prefer to roleplay or adventure with others, not against them.

Hmm, never thought of that until now. I guess I'll come up with something else. I think I'll make it so depending on your player's rep. you can buy things, that way the players who have no rep. but play a lot must prove their worthy-ness  to others and will only earn more rep. by being nice to others and helping out people.

@Kreator:

> You really need to take everybody into consideration, and never put greed first. $ for in in game items/money will always ruin the economy of your game.

Did you ignore my post where I said I won't use money but rather another method to earn stuff to buy things from a neat-o-shop? I'm not greedy at the least bit, but if that's how I was portrayed as in my post where I declared another method of earning money to buy cash shop items, then I am sorry because I did njot mean it like that.

Lol, I say just stick to normal currency, from quests, drops and selling items, etc

@The:

> link=topic=36003.msg339756#msg339756 date=1231132712]
> Did you ignore my post where I said I won't use money but rather another method to earn stuff to buy things from a neat-o-shop?

Don't get defensive, I was giving you tips, not accusing you for anything.

@Kreator:

> Lol, I say just stick to normal currency, from quests, drops and selling items, etc
>
> Don't get defensive, I was giving you tips, not accusing you for anything.

It sounded like you repeated yourself to emphasize a new approach, that I was greedy -_-;. Anyways I want some sort of system to be made to make my game unique. Just having quests and such is rather boring alone.

I'm greedy. Kids those days are so stupid - they'll buy anything.
Yeah - regular in-game-curency in games is allways a best bet. Don't end up like some generic korean MMO. And it's realy hard to create a money earning system other than hunt and quests. If you'll give more cash for the stronger players - they will powerabuse. If you'll give cash to newcomers the old players will start making multiple accounts to earn cash with low lvls. That reputation thingy sounds good but there allways will be someone who will bad about it.

My advice - look for unique solutions but maybee in another part of the game. Still - if no one would create ideas like that it would get boring.

@‪‫‬‭‮‪‫Kusy:

> I'm greedy. Kids those days are so stupid - they'll buy anything.

Thats exactly what i'm targetting ;)

@Hikaru:

> Hey Miguu, I came a cross awesome side-scrolling template a while ago. It was very cartoony and unique looking, very "breeze-ish." If I can find it again I'll send it to you.

Thanks Hikaru, I really appreciate it. This may solve this whole dilemma! woot~~

@Hikaru:

> I can't seem to find them, but I'll keep searching. Just know they are very uniquely shaped, but I think it's a very cool template nonetheless.

I hope you do fine them, but if you dont then it's fine because I have already begun progress with the new sprites. But please keep looking because I am very interested.

@The:

> amazing 9.5/10

Thanks, I think I still need someone to make custom tiles (mine are bland and I couldn't make custom houses if my life depended on it.) So if you know anyone who specializes in custom tile making, give them a detour to me.

Thank you for considering those who don't like PvP! lol
I think a lot of people could contribute to the game ideas to really make this game great, like they already have from this topic! (The crates idea was good!)
Perhaps you could create a sugguestion place with more updates and ideas from you? I'm really interested in the developement of this game, but I feel like I have to search all over these forums to find out what you have been up to! Plus the forums on your website aren't as active. :)
(your main Lostica open beta topic was last updated in october!)
:wav: