Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FileCube!

So I made a little file sharing site, here is the story of my inspiration.

So I was downloading *legal* :P software from RapidShare. But the file was like 2gigs so someone posted like 900 RapidShare download links *exaggeration*. If you use the PC often, chances are this has happened to you. HOW ANNOYING, you just wanna download things from the internet without paying like $800 USD for 1 minute of premium.

So I thought to myself, "there has to be a better way!". But no actually, there isn't. Anyone with enough money to have enough hosting space is gonna charge your ass. So I made a free file uploading site, no restrictions, no charge, no waiting, no memberships, no navigating through a horribly complicated process taking longer than the actual upload time. FileCube was born.

With the limited amount of PHP and HTML I have acquired over the years, I threw together this site and I hope you guys like it/use it. HOWEVER, its still in the beta phases and is not very secure, i'm not exploiting how, but there is a very easy way to delete others files/flood my server.

Its my attempt to make a really clean and easy to use free upload site. I use upload sites almost daily and have been craving one without limits. Please use your head and i'm getting a domain soon. If anyone is better at web development than I happen to be, please post some CC.

Last but not least, this isn't so much of an advertisment as it is me just wanting to post this image and share my struggles with file sharing.

![](http://71.66.114.126/uploads/1235332697.jpg)
_- Hosted with FileCube_

LINK: http://71.66.114.126/

EDIT: Wow, I changed the whole site almost completely, features multi-upload support and is MUCH more secure. Sorry to all who had files hosted with the old one, I had to replace it to secure the server. I also had to throw on some upload limit sizes for security reasons, not money reasons. Although, the max is 200mb per file. 400mb if your uploading more than one file.

Sorry for all the changes, but they are all for the better. Much more features have been added and things were fixed. If you are having issues upload a file cause its not allowed, please just post here and ill consider allowing it, if its safe.

Thanks guys! I'm kinda excited about it, its a nice project. I hope it spreads by word of mouth.

Edit: changed my post a bit cause I realized it made little sense.

You cant do anything with my public IP. I also denied access to the directory indexes, cant get into people's files anymore, its pretty secure now :3

Just need that domain lol. Thanks Bone, I hope you like it.

@Crank:

> Yeah you deleted my image lol. How do you do it though? Can you please PM me how do block access to the index?

shit sorry mate, I was copying and pasting links into my browser, I think giving people the delete link first up is how it happened maybe, because all I really did was browse through the other folders and they were all empty besides a thumbnail file. I uploaded a Test.txt file, so that one was me.

Nah its fine, I actually fixed the problem and update the site a bit. Made the download and delete links clickable and fixed some theme typos/positioning.

I tested this on IE, FF and Google Chrome. Let me know if anyone spots browser related issues/irregularities. Thanks.

Edit: I also fixed the delete file thing, this is stable and safe to use for the most part. Still use at your own risk, but its good enough to use regularly for files. This is for all of eclipse to use and even host your game on. If you need exclusive hosting let me know and I wont delete your files when they expire.

Yea it would take about 5 seconds for me to not only delete your entire website but the computer that hosts it. Might want to disable not only the upload of php files. But the fact that you can execute them no problem. I can upload php shells freely, which can then be used to compile c code and delete files off the actual web server, unless you use a proper hosting company and not your own computer. Either way i would remove the ability to upload php files etc, or at least have it so it asks them to download the file and not run it. Same for SQL files, javascript files. Etc etc.

Good looking site :), did you code the upload script yourself. Either way looks awesome :).

Looks like a pretty cool site :), should help alot of people out. I like the simplicity. Sorry if i rained on your parade. fix a few problems and it will be perfect.

So, I can upload illegal stuff with no file size limit right? :angry3:
(not that I would do it)

Nice stuff anyway.

BTW, I'm gonna spread this, use it for all my uploads and stuff, tell my friends. It's rapidshare - without ads and limits(and that annoying timer)

Yeah Marsh, I need to do a lot still, hit me up on MSN, I really need a domain. Also, MrMeep, my ISP has no bandwidth cap. I get 25mb/s and unlimited bandwidth.

Thanks for all the awesome comments, I increase the security of the server by a ton in the last hour. Still needs a ton more but at least i'm striving to keep it nice and safe for you guys. Keep it growing!