Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why I got annoyed with Runescape.

Alster

Well the thing that really annoyed me was when they started to crack down on Real World Trading. I was an old school RS Player (RS Classic) and that just wasn't right. Limiting trades? Come on!

Then they ditched the wilderness. That was half the fun of Runescape, getting your Whip and smashing someone's face in.

So recently I went back. I tried to find RS Classic (I loved that) only to find I couldn't find it. So I went to play Runescape. I went to a members world tried to log in and bam, it denied me access. And those people at Jagex had been charging me all this time for a membership I wasn't receiving.

Jagex killed Runescape.

I couldn't care less about the limiting trade. For me, they ruined it when they took out wildy. There's gonna be RWT no matter what.

And now they're trying to bring PVP back… but they won't listen to anything the players say about it.

Noooo. I said you even can duel in f2p now. You used to not be able to. Now you can. I think the staking works more like the trades now… but it's still not like it used to be.... 10m stakes and stuff. Duel tourneys are pretty cool though. You pay to enter and have a shot at winning a ton.

Wilderness or not, runescape sucks.

Browser based 3d? Click to move?? Almost turn based fighting engine??? All wrong. These are the things that make an mmo bad, and they have 3 (accually more, but these are the big ones) of them. Runescape is the worst popular mmo out there if you ask me.

Note: I didn't say worst mmo, I said worst POPULAR mmo.

@l0lz!:

> Exactly, and they're compensating pvp with shitty ass pvp games that are retarded and offer lame rewards, as for the trading system? Failure auction house. T_T Duck you jagex.

they're not shitty. Personally I've made about 30m from PVP worlds. It's just not the same as wildy. I've gotten a Dragon Full Helm from a pvp kill. Trading system is lame though. In exchange for "eliminating" RWT they actually DID eliminate players giving friends gifts/loans/etc.

@Xavi:

> Wilderness or not, runescape sucks.
>
> Browser based 3d? Click to move?? Almost turn based fighting engine??? All wrong. These are the things that make an mmo bad, and they have 3 (accually more, but these are the big ones) of them. Runescape is the worst popular mmo out there if you ask me.
>
> Note: I didn't say worst mmo, I said worst POPULAR mmo.

a) browser based 3d is quite an accomplishment. especially with their newer graphics. They make millions a month for a reason and that's because this game isn't geared towards those with breathtaking computers hence the browser based feature… Not to mention, their CEO is 21 years old, what have you done lately?

b) FYI... WoW has click to move. Perfect World has click to move. GuildWars has click to move. Flyff has click to move. Knights Online has click to move... only ones I can think of off the top of my head...but I'm sure you got the point.

c) It's not turn based. at all. weapons have different speeds, it only seems turn based because people typically use the same weapons (one of the flaws I find myself... a real flaw instead of the nonsense that rs haters say) which in turn means they take turns because they attack at the same rate.
Now take into account the fact that certain weapons have special effects with double hits, hits that take place immediately, etc. How's that for turn based? Whens the last time you were playing final fantasy and right before the boss got to do his finishing move you got to do your special attack 2x immediately and KO him?... that's what I thought.

So, IMO, if you wanna call out RS and point out it's flaws... give good ones such as the fact that there's not a huge amount of variation in weapons instead of giving those lame reasons that every single RS-hater seems to share.

@Skell:

> It sucked from the beginning with repeative gameplay (Gain levels so you can use/make better stuff, gain better stuff that you can use to level (and repeat))

if that's why you hate it you're a dumb ass. that's every MMO in a nutshell.