Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I fixed the "Leak…", now it's Gold.

mrmiguu

I decided to go with a change of plans. I wanted more variet to the classic series but at the same time I wanted that "old school" feel. I choose to convert "Leak…" into ProjectGS (or Gold)

[http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/327eae05da8a9f31ee28d74875e96cf4.rar](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/327eae05da8a9f31ee28d74875e96cf4.rar)

Here's some previews!
![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/gold_propaganda.png)
![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/projectgs_1.png)

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> COOL!

Do you remember quite some years ago, I wanted to make a Pokemon game with Gold GFX? Well now I can but I can also have the regular battle system.

@Marsh:

> Looks sweet, definitely gets the true feel of a pokemon game.

Thanks everyone for your positive criticism on the revamp of "Leak…". I too love the 2nd Generation of Pokemon the most. It maintains the classic feel but at the same time it introduces many important features as well as many new Pokemon. I added the Gold N64 gamepack GUI too create the more traditional feel of the series. I will also use the exact music used in the Gold/Silver games.

I will continue to update this topic. I will post a screen I am making (battle screen) soon. I am trying to replicate it as close as possible to the original one. It will show animations and everything will run on timers. It's all source coded now to maintain stability and also make it easier on me (sadscripting a battle engine is a b**ch, but very possible).

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> I will continue to update this topic. I will post a screen I am making (battle screen) soon. I am trying to replicate it as close as possible to the original one. It will show animations and everything will run on timers. It's all source coded now to maintain stability and also make it easier on me (sadscripting a battle engine is a b**ch, but very possible).

Lol, since when are scripted engine female dogs ;0

@[ILLI:

> Critique[DD] link=topic=43623.msg439154#msg439154 date=1241159498]
> Lol, since when are scripted engine female dogs ;0

Have you ever scripted a Pokemon Battle Engine only using custom window features and have it work?

well, i am actually scripting one right now.

with EV, IV, exp all the stuff XD

but if you know how, mayb eyou can offer me some help?
i am wondering about the wilp pokemon, how the hell do i set their stats for the wild battle?

how to determine them?

but, looking good ^^
personally i am more the new style, but gold IS classic ^^

Damian666

@[NW:

> [SB] Sean link=topic=43623.msg439166#msg439166 date=1241161313]
> Is gold the one with only 150 pokemon? Better be :P

Gold has 251… if you don't know then you obviously aren't a Pokemon fan. I like Gold the best personally, that's why I am making a game after it.

@[NW:

> [SB] Sean link=topic=43623.msg439174#msg439174 date=1241162174]
> I liked it when they had 150\. Then I lost intrest.

Lol, you lost interest cause you don't "love" Pokemon. People who stuck with the series at least till Gold/Silver can say they "love" Pokemon. You seemed quite demanding when you said "…with only 150 pokemon? Better be".

@[NW:

> [SB] Sean link=topic=43623.msg439174#msg439174 date=1241162174]
> I liked it when they had 150\. Then I lost intrest.

aww, you missed out, was an awesome game, back when they actually tried to make good games :P
i only wish they made the elite four tougher :(

@Renzo:

> aww, you missed out, was an awesome game, back when they actually tried to make good games :P
> i only wish they made the elite four tougher :(

I agree, or they should have had some sort of 2nd Elite 4 to battle after you got all 16 badges. But, you also got to Battle Red (a.k.a. Ash) with a Lv.81 Pikachu and many Lv.7x pokemon on his team. What an epic battle.