Find results in...

Xaden/Frozengod/Morpheus Stole my Money

Sr_Sirius

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Huitzilopochtli:

> My banned message says it's renovating; lmao.

Its not a ban message, Im assuming he took his sire down temporarily to clean it up of anti-elcipse themed posts, because he is currently looking for a team to help him make his new game, but I don't think his chances of hiring staff are looking promising after all this comes out.

@[G2D:

> Devogen link=topic=46495.msg472949#msg472949 date=1245188457]
> Its not a ban message, Im assuming he took his sire down temporarily to clean it up of anti-elcipse themed posts, because he is currently looking for a team to help him make his new game, but I don't think his chances of hiring staff are looking promising after all this comes out.

Hehe, time to screw with his source AND computer?

We can get in to work with him… and I can have Beau give me his computer slaughter program, send him that exe and BAM.

@[G2D:

> Devogen link=topic=46495.msg472949#msg472949 date=1245188457]
> Its not a ban message, Im assuming he took his sire down temporarily to clean it up of anti-elcipse themed posts, because he is currently looking for a team to help him make his new game, but I don't think his chances of hiring staff are looking promising after all this comes out.

After?
He's already hated virtually everywhere anyway, from Mirage, to Elysium, to right here on Eclipse.

Chris is a thief and always was. It was only after I was inactive for a year or so that I saw his activities on the forums, and proceded to prove he was a talentless fraud and got him banned from Mirage, Elysium and Essence.
Unfortunately, all the posts and threads I made, and got stickied, warning people about Chris' history have gone on deaf ears. I've talked to a lot of people about it, but only _after_ he's ripped them off.

If _anyone_ wants a decent feature programmed in, look for a mature, well presented programmer who actively helps with programming problems and features on a _number_ of forums. **Not** just the forum he is an admin on. I think that's fairly common sense. If a kid is banned from Mirage, OGCore and Eclipse, he's obviously got nothing going for him.

He still lurks around a few forums. I've had to ban several of his accounts on Mirage over time. Your best bet is to PM me with the details of anyone you want to buy code from, and let me look over them. I'm not being egotistical here, but I know pretty much everyone of importance.

When it comes down to it though, use the systems you have at your disposal. Pay by credit card so you have the option of reversing any payments. Only send money _after_ getting either the source, or a full compiled copy of the feature. If you're sending money via paypal, use the notes. Say explicitely that you're "Sending money for goods which should be sent after payment is complete." Give it 10 days, if the programmer fucks off, simply reverse the payment.

**Don't** let yourself be pressured into sending the money first and **don't** trust anyone who asks for payment up front. Personally, if it's someone I know and trust, or an existing customer who I've had good history with, I send the source code and then let them pay whenever it's good for them.

If it's someone I've never dealed with, I base my decision on their activity and history on any of the forums. If they've got 5 posts, it's obvious that I expect full payment after sending a compiled copy of the completed system. But, if Marsh commisioned me for a feature, I'd send him the feature immediatly and let him pay whenever was good for him.

When it comes down to it, look around, don't feel embarrased about trying to lower the price, make sure you shop around to find the best quality for your money, and above all remember that the programmer is _not_ doing you a favour. It's a paid service. You have rights.

Some admin should split off this epic tl;dr post and sticky it somewhere. I'm sick of seeing Chris and people like him ripping people off.

@Robin:

> Chris is a thief and always was. It was only after I was inactive for a year or so that I saw his activities on the forums, and proceded to prove he was a talentless fraud and got him banned from Mirage, Elysium and Essence.
> Unfortunately, all the posts and threads I made, and got stickied, warning people about Chris' history have gone on deaf ears. I've talked to a lot of people about it, but only _after_ he's ripped them off.
>
> If _anyone_ wants a decent feature programmed in, look for a mature, well presented programmer who actively helps with programming problems and features on a _number_ of forums. **Not** just the forum he is an admin on. I think that's fairly common sense. If a kid is banned from Mirage, OGCore and Eclipse, he's obviously got nothing going for him.
>
> He still lurks around a few forums. I've had to ban several of his accounts on Mirage over time. Your best bet is to PM me with the details of anyone you want to buy code from, and let me look over them. I'm not being egotistical here, but I know pretty much everything of importance.
>
> When it comes down to it though, use the systems you have at your disposal. Pay by credit card so you have the option of reversing any payments. Only send money _after_ getting either the source, or a full compiled copy of the feature. If you're sending money via paypal, use the notes. Say explicitely that you're "Sending money for goods which should be sent after payment is complete." Give it 10 days, if the programmer fucks off, simply reverse the payment.
>
> **Don't** let yourself be pressured into sending the money first and **don't** trust anyone who asks for payment up front. Personally, if it's someone I know and trust, or an existing customer who I've had good history with, I send the source code and then let them pay whenever it's good for them.
>
> If it's someone I've never dealed with, I base my decision on their activity and history on any of the forums. If they've got 5 posts, it's obvious that I expect full payment after sending a compiled copy of the completed system. But, if Marsh commisioned me for a feature, I'd send him the feature immediatly and let him pay whenever was good for him.
>
> When it comes down to it, look around, don't feel embarrased about trying to lower the price, make sure you shop around to find the best quality for your money, and above all remember that the programmer is _not_ doing you a favour. It's a paid service. You have rights.
>
> Some admin should split off this epic tl;dr post and sticky it somewhere. I'm sick of seeing Chris and people like him ripping people off.

Or they can just ask you to do it.

@[G2D:

> Devogen link=topic=46495.msg472968#msg472968 date=1245189811]
> "I'm not being egotistical here, but I know pretty much everything of importance."
>
> You sound as bad as him now Robin.

He means he knows about VB6 and the quality of what to program.

At least he's not going: "Here, let me program it, it'll cost more, but it's me!"

@[G2D:

> Devogen link=topic=46495.msg472968#msg472968 date=1245189811]
> "I'm not being egotistical here, but I know pretty much everything of importance."
>
> You sound as bad as him now Robin.

That was a typo. I meant to put "Everyone of importance" but I went to sleep before proof reading my post.

@Zetta:

> actually, i think you can have his forums closed. By stealing, I think he broke the TOS with SMFForFree.
> [TOS of SMFForFree](http://www.smfforfree.com/terms.php)
> [Report link](http://www.smfforfree.com/report.php)

I've reported him a few times for the illegal download links he had on his forum, but never got a reply from the admins. It seems they care as much about plagiarism as he does.

Ahh, I found it.

I tried to have a rational conversation with him, but it didn't work :icon_crap:

> Db-Kun: Let's hope I'm not opening pandora's box
> Admiral Refuge:
> Let's hope we can stay civil
> Xaden:
> ^_^
> Admiral Refuge: Xaden; I would just like to know why you did not give Eclipse a chance to defend itself?
> Admiral Refuge: Or better, why you became a hypocrite?
> Xaden: *yawn*
> Admiral Refuge: Okay, not interesting enough?
> Xaden: hello?
> Admiral Refuge: Hi,
> I'm Admiral Refuge. You came, trashed Eclipse, then we let you post you're arguments, etc, and did not delete it. Yet, you made a big rant, then deleted every post that contradicted you.
> Xaden: you people spread lies
> Admiral Refuge: Tell me some
> Xaden: everything in that site you spread is a lie
> Xaden: eclipse is the control freaks.
> Admiral Refuge: And it seems you are too
> Xaden: hell there the ones with the rule not to speak about certain things.
> Xaden: why should i let people speak when im am not alowd.
> Admiral Refuge: You just delete the posts, and ban the members that speak out, RIGHT?
> Xaden: why allow you people to run rampant with your bullshit lies
> Xaden: seriously
> Admiral Refuge: Which lies?
> Xaden: i dont care who it was
> Admiral Refuge: Which lies?
> Xaden: point is that the site that is posted is false
> Admiral Refuge: Explain
> Xaden: no i dont let them hear lies, nor do i lie to them
> Admiral Refuge: What lies?
> Xaden: if i lied to them why would i post my posts over there
> Admiral Refuge: You still have not told me the lies we posted
> Xaden: anybody can go read it.
> Xaden: everything in that site is circulated
> Xaden: and i broke your police state rules
> Xaden: then enforce your rules
> Xaden: apparently you are disillusioned.
> Admiral Refuge: I wish you would give a rational argument, maybe some facts to back up your claims though.
> Admiral Refuge: Instead of saying, "LIES ARE EVERYWHERE"
> Xaden: i have made my facts clear.

Made his facts clear?
ooookkkaayy…..

So then, after failing with the rational conversation, I threw this ripway site up, and started contacting members of his forum (that was fun :azn:)
I also threw this together: http://h1.ripway.com/FEMA/paradox/
So of course, he responded with threats:

> Xaden: i reported it to the site host.
> Admiral Refuge: Hmm?
> Xaden: so it should come down soon.
> Xaden: how are we commys ?
> Xaden: when you people control your own people.
> Xaden: thats communism
> Xaden: did you go to school ?
> Xaden: do you even know what a police state is ?
> Xaden: i suggest you read up on your facts.
> Xaden: i got all your host info and ip info
> Xaden: and contacted who i need to contact
> Xaden: so its getting dealt with,
> Admiral Refuge: There's nothing wrong with stating an opinion.
> Admiral Refuge: After all, you've done it
> Xaden: facts is what i presented
> Xaden: there is a difference from opinion and facts.
> Admiral Refuge: You don't get what I'm trying to say
> Admiral Refuge: The point was, you have the right to state your opinion
> Xaden: no your not getting what i am saying.
> Xaden: if you dont want to get sued
> Xaden: take the site down
> Xaden: apparently you dont know the law
> Xaden: do you know what defamation of character is ?
> Xaden: do you know you fucked up by taking it this far ?
> Xaden: your not talking to a kid who knows nothing.
> Xaden: now are you going to comply ?
> Xaden: or do i have to force you.
> Admiral Refuge: This is not a case of defamation of character. It's not so much a personal attack on you, but simply saying what you said, was wrong
> Xaden: ha i think a third party will differ
> Xaden: any comments of calling someone a communist in public
> Xaden: is defamation.
> Xaden: aka commy
> Xaden: any attempt to devalue ones reputation.
> Admiral Refuge: That comment was simply an analog to you're police state
> Xaden: i got screen shots and and so forth and the original files saved
> Xaden: so you can delete if you want, but i still have the proof.
> Admiral Refuge: I'm not deleting it
> Xaden: good
> Xaden: then you will leave me no choice, but your service provider will pull it before they get sued
> Xaden: i assure you
> Xaden: there not going to stand by some punk kid .
> Xaden: and now you think by defying and not complying this is going to end in your favor ?
> Xaden: your sadly mistaken.
> Admiral Refuge: then I guess I am
> Admiral Refuge: Please, by all means
> Db-Kun: I'm going to bed. REMEBER FUCKING THIS: Xaden: Please stop this maddness! Threatening to shut down the entire thing? PLEASE DON'T BECOME ELYSIUM! You've taken this from defence to an attack, and it's FUCKED UP! Admiral, you… you... I don't have much to say to you. You're not even the damn admin. However, don't send a PM that sounds like blatent propaganda instead of an opinion
> Admiral Refuge: I don't cave into threats.
> Xaden: and neither do i
> Xaden: and if you persist on my forums, ill take further action.
> Admiral Refuge: I'm done with your forums
> Admiral Refuge: My point was made
> Xaden: good if you know whats best for you.
> Admiral Refuge: oh, I was expecting a "I'll see you in court"
> Admiral Refuge: lol
> Xaden: you think its a joke ?
> Admiral Refuge: Naa
> Xaden: try me.
> Admiral Refuge: You already said if I don't take my site down, you'll sue me
> Admiral Refuge: And I'm not taking it down
> Xaden: sadly your going to get laughed at.
> Xaden: well your provider will
> Xaden: i already spoke with them.
> Xaden: you violated there tos
> Admiral Refuge: Verizon or ripway?
> Xaden: actually i spoke to both of them
> Admiral Refuge: ahh, okay
> Db-Kun: Xaden, we don't need the community gone...
> Xaden: community isnt going anywhere, but i dont stand for elitist behavior
> Xaden: the only asshole is one who escalates things into a personal vendetta.
> Xaden: remember that.
> Admiral Refuge: well... I'm going to bed
> Xaden: anyhow i suggest you stay away from chaos.

I enjoy reading his reasoning, just don't try to follow his logic, you'll get a headache.

@Robin:

> That was a typo. I meant to put "Everyone of importance" but I went to sleep before proof reading my post.

Fair Enough… big typo :)

As far as Xaden goes, I have been down this road with him also... its like a broken record now.

At the end of the day it still plays, but it still sounds like shit.

@Hippoman:

> Xaden: i already Spork with them.
> lol.
>
> well why doesnt someone just hack him?

What's the point? He's just some American kid who makes money on stolen work. He's the ebaum of the Mirage world.

Ignore him, keep the word out not to buy anything from him, and leave his little community of freaks do what they like. They're not causing any trouble until they wonder out of their little "safe place".

He's sueing now?

If he was actually clever enough to do anything other than sit in his parent's bedroom and spend his life stealing pieces of Visual Basic code, he would have done it by now.

He's harmless as long as you keep him away from sharp objects and money.

Keeping him away from his own brain as well… actually, on the other hand it is fairly dull, so I suppose he can live with himself. We just need to lock him up... actually, on the other hand again, he is in his own little "Chaos Engine forum world."

@Robin:

> He's sueing now?
>
> If he was actually clever enough to do anything other than sit in his parent's bedroom and spend his life stealing pieces of Visual Basic code, he would have done it by now.
>
> He's harmless as long as you keep him away from sharp objects and money.

He threatened to sue me awhile ago, after making that site, I posted above (the ripway one).