Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

[UPDATE]
I fixed a jump bug so when you jumped on a platform exactly 3 tiles high, your character would be stuck in a specific Anim (Player(i).Step = 2) so I added a check to make sure they weren't on ground at the time. I am pretty close to a release here guys.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in this new release will the paperdoll system work?
when i click on an armor. i turn into a white block.
lol.

also.. what would be cool. is make an option for admins that can turn you invisible. and you can pass through anything.

also attacking npcs aint working out very well for me. ic ant hit one.
they go on all the tiles. including the sky.
please inform me if i am doing something wrong.

thank you (:

@Dragonray:

> in this new release will the paperdoll system work?
> when i click on an armor. i turn into a white block.
> lol.
>
> also.. what would be cool. is make an option for admins that can turn you invisible. and you can pass through anything.
>
> also attacking npcs aint working out very well for me. ic ant hit one.
> they go on all the tiles. including the sky.
> please inform me if i am doing something wrong.
>
> thank you (:

The new release has this fixed. I will add GM invisibility, ty for the idea. The paperdoll thing is not my doing, but you probably did the method wrong. If you use SpriteSize=0 in the Data.ini file, you have to readjust the paperdoll scale. I will make the loading thing with the big image and you guys can edit it have your own text rather than vb6 rendered.

@zonova: The jumping is as good as it will get for a tile-based engine. If you don't like that, go program your own platform engine.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> The new release has this fixed. I will add GM invisibility, ty for the idea. The paperdoll thing is not my doing, but you probably did the method wrong. If you use SpriteSize=0 in the Data.ini file, you have to readjust the paperdoll scale. I will make the loading thing with the big image and you guys can edit it have your own text rather than vb6 rendered.
>
> @zonova: The jumping is as good as it will get for a tile-based engine. If you don't like that, go program your own platform engine.

what new release has what fixed?
i downloaded the hotfix at the first post first page.
is this the new fix?

and the paperdoll scale thing.
can you tell me how to do that?
thank you (:

EDIT: Also i found out i tried changing the News.ini and i saved it properly. even tried restarting the server, but it still says the same old thing "you can change this in News.ini"

also i tried to make SpriteSize=1 instead of 0\. and it just makes my character invisible. but i can see my armor lol.

But still this is an amazing engine!
keep up the good work

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> The new release hasn't been released yet. That's why I labeled it [OUTDATED]

oh i am terribl sorry for missunderstanding.
and i figured out how to stop npcs from walking in midair off of platforms.

umm this is sort of a nobrainer but just incase for dem newbies =D

just put an npc avoid (attribute) right next to ending of platform.

hmm.. but you think you cold help me out with Paperdoll issue?
seems to work for mee.

@Dragonray:

> oh i am terribl sorry for missunderstanding.
> and i figured out how to stop npcs from walking in midair off of platforms.
>
> umm this is sort of a nobrainer but just incase for dem newbies =D
>
> just put an npc avoid (attribute) right next to ending of platform.
>
> hmm.. but you think you cold help me out with Paperdoll issue?
> seems to work for mee.

The new version you won't need to place the NPC-Avoids at the edge of platforms but instead I added a check for the NPC's AI.

okay so adding onto the Invisibility thing (getting away from my problems with eclipse, xD@SealBreaker.

make it so monsters wont attack you when invisible. because i played this game. where admins went invisible. and then all of a suddon a sheep started attacking them lol. so it looked like the sheep was hitting nothning.
and from your point of you. as an admin. you should be able to see your character. but its just other players who cant see you. but you can see yourself. know what i mean?

another cool thing would be flying GMS/Admins. i know this isn't WoW but that would still be cool.

and the GM speed is an outstanding idea!
Keep up the amazing work.
sounds fantastic!

Well if you're a GM no matter what in any new eclipse game made with 2.7 or higher, monsters won't attack GMs unless the GM attacks the monster, no matter what. I will make the player invisible and see what I can do to make them invisible only to other players.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Well if you're a GM no matter what in any new eclipse game made with 2.7 or higher, monsters won't attack GMs unless the GM attacks the monster, no matter what. I will make the player invisible and see what I can do to make them invisible only to other players.

sounds good man!
can't wait for the release.

:renzo: