Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@luriok:

> @Gohan:
>
> > So what does the NPC AI do? Does it allow them to dodge your attacks and stuff?
>
> Yea what do they do? And Miguu could you make a NPC one click Chatbox for PV? It would be really cool.

I will make a tutorial down the road to setting NPCs to have chatboxes open.

The NPC AI is when you walk over them they will walk to either side of you and turn around to start attacking you. If you try to "juke" them out, they will catch on to your keypresses and be "ahead of the game" sort of speak.

@Miguu:

> @luriok:
>
> > @Gohan:
> >
> > > So what does the NPC AI do? Does it allow them to dodge your attacks and stuff?
> >
> > Yea what do they do? And Miguu could you make a NPC one click Chatbox for PV? It would be really cool.
>
> I will make a tutorial down the road to setting NPCs to have chatboxes open.
>
> The NPC AI is when you walk over them they will walk to either side of you and turn around to start attacking you. If you try to "juke" them out, they will catch on to your keypresses and be "ahead of the game" sort of speak.

Really interesting feature.This makes me want to use PV again.

@Miguu:

> @luriok:
>
> > @Gohan:
> >
> > > So what does the NPC AI do? Does it allow them to dodge your attacks and stuff?
> >
> > Yea what do they do? And Miguu could you make a NPC one click Chatbox for PV? It would be really cool.
>
> I will make a tutorial down the road to setting NPCs to have chatboxes open.
>
> The NPC AI is when you walk over them they will walk to either side of you and turn around to start attacking you. If you try to "juke" them out, they will catch on to your keypresses and be "ahead of the game" sort of speak.

Cool nice features

[UPDATE]
Fixed my bug where the "other" character stalled at the climax of their jump. Now everything is 100% smooth, animations show **fully**, tile collision for jumping and falling has been added, and players can jump from the bottom-map-tile and hit the top-map-tile without any RTEs. Im going to run over everything once more to make sure most/all bugs have been squashed. The release is just around the corner.

:: EDIT ::
Almost forgot to tell you guys! I added in different code for randomly placing NPCs on any map. They will, by default, only spawn on platform tiles or blocked tiles.

- Miguu ;D

@Miguu:

> [UPDATE]
> Fixed my bug where the "other" character stalled at the climax of their jump. Now everything is 100% smooth, animations show **fully**, tile collision for jumping and falling has been added, and players can jump from the bottom-map-tile and hit the top-map-tile without any RTEs. Im going to run over everything once more to make sure most/all bugs have been squashed. The release is just around the corner.
>
> :: EDIT ::
> Almost forgot to tell you guys! I added in different code for randomly placing NPCs on any map. They will, by default, only spawn on platform tiles or blocked tiles.
>
> - Miguu ;D

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG EPPPPPIICCCCC
;D

@viciousdead:

> @Miguu:
>
> > [RELEASE]
> > - [Project Vertigo Origins Download Link](http://173.58.134.49/pv_origins.zip)
> >
> > - Miguu ;D
>
> I hate this already, as soon as you land, POOF, you dc.  :icon_alabanza:

Really? I don't DC. Can't say I have much of a solution over this bug. I will throw in a fix immediately.

:: EDIT ::
Redownload it now! I change the dataflooding from 25 to 30 since I think 25 implies that there is a limit of 25 handled packets and I added more for jumping and falling.

@Miguu:

> @viciousdead:
>
> > @Miguu:
> >
> > > [RELEASE]
> > > - [Project Vertigo Origins Download Link](http://173.58.134.49/pv_origins.zip)
> > >
> > > - Miguu ;D
> >
> > I hate this already, as soon as you land, POOF, you dc.  :icon_alabanza:
>
> Really? I don't DC. Can't say I have much of a solution over this bug. I will throw in a fix immediately.

Lol, I'm using Windows 7, so I will go and try to run some compatibility settings.. Brb.

EDIT: Flood packeting, you may need to make an .ini file for the packets, so we can adjust them.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

~~so gay… first time in forever, trying an Eclipse engine, and it wont work. the server wont load, and has an error...
Is there some sort of fix for Win7 users? I even tried running it in Compatibility mode, and still failed.~~

wow. I'm retarded. I didnt install the library files… I'm an idiot. let me try this again... lol