Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for Total Eclipse Final? I have it here!

Nightmare909

@[Kingdom's:

> Tipsta link=topic=48765.msg503486#msg503486 date=1248251739]
> Was that DFA's crap?

Way to be ignorant. Don't make assumptions cause you think you're being funny. He did a fine job for what he had to work with. People flamed him for trying to help improve the engine, tsk' tsk'. I used 2.6 and found no issues with it.

BTW. TE Final was a great version. Very stable and clean. Enjoyable to use as a base engine and a great starting point to code from. Don't you dare bash TE Final.

- MrMiguu

Displaced, TE1.0 is Eclipse 5, which is newer than Eclipse 4.5 (they are both about 4 years old anyway).  Also, what issue are you having with the attacking system?  Sometimes it can range from the player not having enough strength, to scripting being turned off in the Server Control Panel; if you have an issue with something not working, throw a topic up in the Bugs and Errors board rather then using a deprecated version.

Either way, as an alternative to EE2.7/2.8, has anyone considered [EE1.0](http://freemmorpgmaker.com/ees.php)? Atleast it supports most of the newer commands that TE does not support.

PS: There is already a link to TE in the http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/board,86.0.html section, moreso the topic: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,15613.0.html

@Displaced:

> Well Akselj already looked .. and he did not find a reason why attack is not working
> scripts were loaded etc …
> well i'll try again maybe there was something that we missed to check oO

He obviously didn't check well enough. There's always a reason for something not working.

i didnt really like TE all that much, even though its how i practiced mapping and such, mostly because it didnt support .mp3 files, and you absolutely could not run the server if the scripts were turned off, which sucked, as the engine mainly depends on the main.txt to run properly.  unless if you were to hardcode evey single sub in the source.

@Ezmek:

> i didnt really like TE all that much, even though its how i practiced mapping and such, mostly because it didnt support .mp3 files, and you absolutely could not run the server if the scripts were turned off, which sucked, as the engine mainly depends on the main.txt to run properly.  unless if you were to hardcode evey single sub in the source.

That doesn't mean it sucks. The point of TE was simplicity. Running on sadscript alone makes developing easier for the avg. person.