Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am humbly requesting a Latin board. (I'm serious, admins.)

LRgamer

@Godlord:

> So?

The board was referred to by-title (as incorrect as it may have been), not by-language.

@Godlord:

> That's why you review posts, before pressing the "Post"-button.

Fair enough.

@Godlord:

> If you don't get the point, then never mind.

I'd admit, after reading your post the first time around, I didn't know what you meant, but reading it again, it seems you're bringing up the point on the "Brazilian"-titled board.
For the record, I was not the one that named that board "Brazilian" when it should have been "Portuguese", do not attempt to bring that back on me.

@Godlord:

> I'm kind of getting sick of your way to look so intelligent while you can't even make a difference between you're and your, then and than and can't even spell whether while I have to accept people who disagree with my way of spelling things or who disagree with my grammar, although they say that it's theoretically correct.

The way I look so intelligent?  I'm not sure how to take that.  I made a small post in this topic emphasizing on what others said, as well as my own conclusion, then you reply with some relatively long but feeble regards.  So I simply began replying to them, in my defense; I'm not trying to act snobby or anything.

Also, I said it before and I'll say again: I'm dysgraphic.
I don't think I ever brought any spelling or grammatical errors of another user into this (I don't ever see you making spelling/grammatical errors anyway), and though I don't think you were referring to me when you said "while I have to accept people who disagree with my way of spelling things or who disagree with my grammar", I don't think it's fair to begin personally bashing me like that; it's abit harsh, and it really didn't have anything to do with these points.  I try my best to keep up with good grammar, but I do slip up.

@Godlord:

> Did I ever say that? I don't think so, would you please bother reading my responses and arguments properly. Thank you.

Me?
As soon as I replied to your post, instead of addressing my points, you decided to start nitpicking and striking at context.

For instance, you pointed out that the title of the Portuguese-oriented board was incorrectly referenced as "Brazilian", but did you fail to acknowledge that the posts in that board were on the topic of the Eclipse Engine?

I'm still trying to figure out what a board being incorrectly named, has to do with the fact that other boards actually do have sub-boards (excluding the Dutch board), despite your earlier claim.

But to address your comment on multi-internationalisation support, in the message of mine you quoted, I was pointing out an effort to support different languages, as well as a translation of the engine was made into Spanish.  Isn't that what internationalisation is?

@Godlord:

> Go play elsewhere, if you can't be serious, then there's no point of you participating. Also by this I assume your xenophobia is correct. Your lack of respect for both the French and the Latin language really disturbs me, especially since your native language is based on both.

That in pretty hypocritical of you, seeing as you failed to even acknowledge French outside parenthesis, then began throwing stereotypes out that the North Americans hate French (ironically French is an official language in Canada, as well as the 3rd most spoken language in the United States; Louisiana seems to like French, incase you didn't know).

Besides, if you're going to assume that I'm xenophobic due to humor, then what should we make of the situation where you saw my MSN display pic and thought "Run, it's a Frenchmen!"?

As fate would have it, my dad is Italian and my mom is French-Canadian.
Though my dad doesn't know Italian or Latin that well, my mom is fluent in French; so hearing it all my life, even if I did insult the French language, it wouldn't be xenophobia.

@Godlord:

> "In linguistics, language death (also language extinction"

You should learn to read that wikipedia page more carefully; here's a part from later down that page:
_Linguists distinguish between language "death" and the process where a language becomes a "dead language" through normal language change, a linguistic phenomenon analogous to pseudoextinction. This happens when a language in the course of its normal development gradually morphs into something that is then recognized as a separate, different language, leaving the old form with no native speakers. Thus, for example, Old English may be regarded as a "**dead language**", with no native speakers, although it has never "died" but instead simply changed and developed into Modern English. The process of language change may also involve the splitting up of a language into a family of several son languages, leaving the common parent language "dead". This has happened to Latin, which (through Vulgar Latin) eventually developed into the family of Romance languages. Such a process is normally not described as "language death", because it involves an unbroken chain of normal transmission of the language from one generation to the next, with only minute changes at every single point in the chain. There is thus no one point where "Latin died"._
Or on another article of wikipedia:
_By contrast to an extinct language which no longer has any speakers, a dead language may remain in use for scientific, legal, or ecclesiastical functions. Old Church Slavonic, Avestan, Coptic, Biblical Hebrew, Ge'ez and Latin are among the many dead languages used as sacred languages._

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pryex:

> Vatican city is actually a country within it's own rights.
>
> It's a country, within a country.

Ding-Ding-a-fuckin'-ding.
You got hit the goddamned nail on the head.

Vatican City is the only city-state that speaks Latin. But, it is also slowly ebbing away, as the young priests screw the rules (they don't have money), and say : " COOL STORY, BRO". While walkin' away.
*sob*

@The:

> Ding-Ding-a-duckin'-ding.
> You got hit the goddamned nail on the head.
>
> Vatican City is the only city-state that speaks Latin. But, it is also slowly ebbing away, as the young priests screw the rules (they don't have money), and say : " COOL STORY, BRO". While walkin' away.
> *sob*

Less bad then going like,

Nevermind that,
I SUCK COCK.

@Sigait:

> with latin board u guys mean latin language or modern versions of it like French italian and spanish?
>
> Sigait.

Simply a board where only Latin can be discussed.
Classical Latin, Vulgar Latin are considered A-OK in my opinion.
You could discuss for example homework, or ask some questions about the origin of a word if you really want to.

@The:

> Simply a board where only Latin can be discussed.
> Classical Latin, Vulgar Latin are considered A-OK in my opinion.
> You could discuss for example homework, or ask some questions about the origin of a word if you really want to.

Sub-board in chit-chat called: "Latin Discussion".

@The:

> Simply a board where only Latin can be discussed.
> Classical Latin, Vulgar Latin are considered A-OK in my opinion.
> You could discuss for example homework, or ask some questions about the origin of a word if you really want to.

Aha i got it

Sigait.

@The:

> I wouldn't mind that. As long as Latin gets some attention!
>
> EDIT: Do you agree, Pete?

I think it should be allowed and we can see if people use it and how long for.
I'd love to learn about Latin.
But if it eventually becomes slow and very few posts are made, it should just be removed.

@Sigait:

> let him talk Godlord,there's no need to react like that.
>
> Sigait.

You don't know Mr. T, you disappoint me.

@мсичġġєт:

> Godlord somehow got pwned.
> By a person with 22 times less posts than him.
> XD

No, he did, for not knowing Mr. T, I actually facepalm'd.

Regards,
  Godlord.