• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Halo 3: ODST

Owen F

@Darien:

> Halo: ODST…
>
> Lets pay for a new game that's really just an addon, where you can't even play as the ame's main character.
>
> then to reall people in, we'll have a really lame 5 second advert, all of the people you can play as are way weaker, and don't worry this game'll be great.
>
> Seriously, Halo is dying...

This couldn't be more true.
Halo was dying by the end of the third one. It has become a sell-out game.
They do a few little changes, remove the main character of the game and follow the same general story line just from a different view and there you go! Basically just an update of Halo that costs over $100.

@Shadowbane:

> This couldn't be more true.
> Halo was dying by the end of the third one. It has become a sell-out game.
> They do a few little changes, remove the main character of the game and follow the same general story line just from a different view and there you go! Basically just an update of Halo that costs over $100.

I always thought halo sucked.
Played it but it always got boring.

_*Splaser goes off and kills Bobby*
*Walks up behind the fallen corpse in his ODST Helmet.*_

Hey guys. I'm back. Oh and yeah, I got ODST at 12:01:01am September 21st, 2009 and have been playing almost non-stop. Let's see what I have racked up so far …
**Total Kills: 1767+
Total Games: 39
Total Points: 108,750 (2,788.5 P/G)
K/D Ratio: 10.4

Most Killed Unit: Grunt
Total Medals: 1359+
Medal Most Earned: Headshot (519+)
Tool of Destruction: Pistol & Splaser**

Don't forget to get your healthy dose of Grunt Killing to contribute to the 7 Billion/Trillion Grunt KIA Count for next Bungie Day!

- Adulese

I just got the two last vidmaster achievements on it. Now all I need is the firefight ones, audio logs (bleh), the clues, and the "my clothes" and I'm completely done with the game. So I'll never have to touch it again. It was fun though. I'll give it that. We beat it on legendary in like 2 hours and 40 some minutes. We said screw mombasa streets or whatever. So now I have to go back and get the clues and logs. :(.

You did a sprint run didn't you …

Not that I hate you or anything, but it ticks me off when people just speed threw the game and don't take time to really enjoy themselves with it. I suggest if you haven't yet, play threw campaign on legendary by yourself. ALL THE WAY THREW. You'll find it more interesting.

- Adulese

Lol. I hate halo. I'm not really into video games really. But take a look at my gamerscore. That's why I play. I love been rank 99 on Xbox America in Kentucky. I was also playing F.E.A.R 2 at the same time. I enjoyed it a lot more. Not downing the game. It was pretty fun. And pass on the legendary by myself. Not worth the time. I have levels to gain on gears 2.

• 1 month later...
A lot of these posts confuse me.

If Halo: ODST is too easy, try Legendary with all of the skulls turned on.  Beat the entire campaign like this.  If that's really easy for you, then I don't know what to tell you, but you're probably pretty godly at first person shooters in general.

I'm gonna mention Halo 3 as well, since ODST comes with a Halo 3 multiplayer disc with three exclusive multiplayer maps, which is just as much a part of the purchase as ODST is. 

Bungie has always had fantastic level design.  Always.  Sure they might not draw you in like Valve does with theirs, but Bungie is pretty amazing at balanced multiplayer maps and gameplay.  It took them 3 games to get it right, but Halo 3 is pretty good (Construct and Standoff need work, that's about it).  1 and 2 were admittedly horribly unbalanced, but still fun. 

ODST probably has the best campaign out of the 4.  It has superb voice talent, solid level design, a fair variety of combat styles, and a surprisingly good soundtrack to boot.  Co-op is always what makes these games, and Firefight is no exception.  Sure, it gets easy after a while, but all skull runs are still pretty difficult, at least to me. 

Also, how does anyone get bored with vehicle combat in Halo games?  I really can't name a game that integrates vehicle vs vehicle and vehicle vs infantry combat with such a simple yet fun physics engine.  In most games, a jeep is simply used to get from point A to B, in Halo its a valuable yet balanced part of combat, not too overpowered or underpowered. 

Also, there's Forge, which is so great because it's so lacking in actual tools, making you think outside the box to create multiplayer maps.  With a healthy does of Geomerging/Interlocking, you can create completely original ideas and truly interesting architecture from absurdly simple building blocks and walls.  In total, I've completed about 150 maps in Forge, and still make them from time to time. 

It's not like I don't play other first person games.  I'm a big fan of both old games like Marathon and Doom, and new games like Modern Warfare, Flashpoint, Bioshock, and Portal.  I just don't really see why people thought ODST wasn't worth the money.  It's like saying Marathon: Infinity wasn't worth the money just because it was an expansion of Marathon 2's gameplay, instead of the huge jump between Marathon 1 and 2.

@SoiWilliamSoi:

> Lol. I hate halo. I'm not really into video games really. But take a look at my gamerscore. That's why I play. I love been rank 99 on Xbox America in Kentucky. I was also playing F.E.A.R 2 at the same time. I enjoyed it a lot more. Not downing the game. It was pretty fun. And pass on the legendary by myself. Not worth the time. I have levels to gain on gears 2.

I might just start picking up my xbox control more often to get some ranks. I'm a good player and have a good number of games, I just can't be bothered to hunt down every achievement >=|

Also, ODST… OverDosed Sexual Tranny?

ALSO, I dislike Halo. BUT, the multiplayer for #1 is alot of fun.