Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Halo 3: ODST

Owen F

Anyone have it yet? came out yesterday in australia [Sept 22.]
I preodered, have not picked it up yet, but,
I get access to Halo: Reach online _multiplayer_ beta, and get sergeant johnson in ODST or something.
Got a new xbox 360 about 5 days ago [old one redringed] and have Halo 3 and halo wars [yes im a halo addict]
Finished halo 3 in
Solo - Easy
Co-op - Normal with some legendarsy [Arrival, Halo, Cortana]
Halo wars i am not finished.
Need to set up a new xbox live but its being stupid atm So
yeah
anyone have ODST or something yet?
I cant wait!

Halo: ODST…

Lets pay for a new game that's really just an addon, where you can't even play as the ame's main character.

then to reall people in, we'll have a really lame 5 second advert, all of the people you can play as are way weaker, and don't worry this game'll be great.

Seriously, Halo is dying...

Halo is full of little kids, who when arn't typing 'Pwned' wrong are teabagging deadbodies of people they didn't even kill with thier sniper rifle they cant even use. EVEN THOUGH Sniper is in their name. They would be 5m away and would miss. They also live off the teabagging they get when thier characters die and as they shout "OMG! GROSS!" Then 5 seconds later they do it to a person that, again, they didn't kill trying to look cool.

[/rant]

@«:

> [»Wolf«][» link=topic=52084.msg548571#msg548571 date=1253645905]
> Every goddamn online game is full of little kids,

Fixed

@«:

> who when arn't typing 'Pwned' wrong are teabagging deadbodies of people

Teabagging is done my these little kids pretty much everywhere, Halo only made it famous

@«:

> they didn't even kill with thier sniper rifle they cant even use. EVEN THOUGH Sniper is in their name. They would be 5m away and would miss.

Why so many ppl use snipers? Easy, in most games it's the only weapon that 1 hit kills (if you actually get a hit) So it's like noobbait.

@«:

> They also live off the teabagging they get when thier characters die and as they shout "OMG! GROSS!" Then 5 seconds later they do it to a person that, again, they didn't kill trying to look cool.

Typical little kid behaviour, and since they are everywhere, it happens everywhere.

Just saying, your rant could probably be used for 80% of all the online FPSs out there.

My little brother got it the other day, and I'm guessing he's board with it now.

I tried playing earlier but he has young marines tomorrow so I had to go. And it sucked cause I only got to play for like 5 minutes.

I like got to where you hit the explosive release valves on the drop pod and that's it.

I got ODST. My overall thoughts:

Campaign - The city, was beautiful, I wanted it to be an MMO xD, but unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the storyline. It felt… Repetitive, and not very interesting. It didn't have the epicness of the last few levels of H3\. I did like the gameplay, creeping up on brutes, hitting them down, taking the weapons e.t.c. But overall, it was.. Meh.

Firefight - Firefight, was the best thing about the game IMO. It is a fun, bash up match game, not a 5 minute job, but I don't think it is hell of a lot of fun on your own.

Theater - Same as in H3.

So, Overall:

Campaign - 3.5
Firefight - 4.5
Theater - 4.5

I give it a rating of about 4/5

The multiplayer disk was pointless, although nice to have considering my H3 disc got scratched.

@[God:

> Owen link=topic=52084.msg548393#msg548393 date=1253583783]
> Anyone have it yet? came out yesterday in australia [Sept 22.]
> I preodered, have not picked it up yet, but,
> I get access to Halo: Reach online _multiplayer_ beta, and get sergeant johnson in ODST or something.
> Got a new xbox 360 about 5 days ago [old one redringed] and have Halo 3 and halo wars [yes im a halo addict]
> Finished halo 3 in
> Solo - Easy
> Co-op - Normal with some legendarsy [Arrival, Halo, Cortana]
> Halo wars i am not finished.
> Need to set up a new xbox live but its being stupid atm So
> yeah
> anyone have ODST or something yet?
> I cant wait!

Hated it.
I know that its supposed to be a add-on for Halo 3 but it only has about a 50 minute total play time.
And no forge.

The scripting sucked too. Although it was cool how I found out that Nathan Fillion, Adam Kudych ( or something) and Adam Baldwin all have a contract to do voice for halo since Halo 3.

Overall, the only good thing was having mythic maps without downloading them.
But i dont own it so it doesnt matter much.

go to multiplayer disk, you get 24 maps to run around and create whatever you want :)

So yeah i got it [haven't bothered with xbl yet]
Campaing = crap. 2-3 missions, the first one had a lot of submissions which REALLY sucked.
firefight = the most win thing on the 2 disks
Multiplayer = will be extremely fun when i bother to go on XBL. Mostly i just go on foundry and mess around with the objects and make dumpster-powerup-kill traps.
Then getting someone to go  get the active camo and get owned.

@Hippoman:

> I actually didn't like firefight either. Too easy. but meh, i did only play one map.

How far did you get?
in single player, without dieing, I can get to a wave of 8 commando hunters, 2 wraiths 2 choppers, 5 gravity hammer heroes and basic grunts and jackals :P