Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you think this is ok?

defendersdef

in japanese, we are learning about how to say where aour parents are from. he said if we dont know, lie about it so i said so its ok to lie now but he said yea to learn japanese. i said that now its ok to lie even though over 1000's of years that christians said it wasent ok to lie but he said to do the work. after a while i asked him where did the people from other countrys come from and he gave me c a b or aim whatever you call it so yea, my teacher is a douchbag.

If I correctly understood what you said then… thats just dumb.

You aren't lying, you're just learning a new language. Nobody really cares where your parents are from anyway.

More inportantly, why is there a thread about this? lol...

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

And lol, what does this have to do with religion.

WOW this is almost shame worthy….

If someone asks you do i look good in this outfit... or if they ask you something that would hurt their feelings if you told the truth, do you always hurt their feelings? No most of the time everyone will say something to not hurt the other person's feeling... is it a lie? no... its being polite. If a friend asks you to do something you dont want to do, do you tell them you hate doing it? you will usually make up an excuse to not have to do it.
These dont relate exactly to what you are asking but its the same principle.

Lying is when you try to get out of trouble. You know you did something wrong and you are trying to get the other person to believe that you didnt do it.

Making up something is not lying.

@Gwen:

> WOW this is almost shame worthy….
>
> If someone asks you do i look good in this outfit... or if they ask you something that would hurt their feelings if you told the truth, do you always hurt their feelings? No most of the time everyone will say something to not hurt the other person's feeling... is it a lie? no... its being polite. If a friend asks you to do something you dont want to do, do you tell them you hate doing it? you will usually make up an excuse to not have to do it.
> These dont relate exactly to what you are asking but its the same principle.
>
> Lying is when you try to get out of trouble. You know you did something wrong and you are trying to get the other person to believe that you didnt do it.
>
> Making up something is not lying.

Actually, that's a white lie, which can also get you into some trouble in some situations..

What he's been asked is a hypothetical "You don't know where your parents are from, so just say they are from somewhere else".

I get in trouble A LOT!

but yeah… the point all of us are making is there is a difference between lying, and what your teacher asked you to do.

People that take religion to the extreme are what give religion a bad reputation.

Not lying is like impossible. A common lie I do: I get asked if I like this girl and I say no, when I actually do.

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Ok, now it's my turn to rant about this topic.

Even if saying your parents are from somewhere else just to learn the language was "bad" lying, then I think your forgetting something. Something that so many people forget, and that kinda ticks me off. NOT EVERYBODY IS CRISTIAN. Ok, now I'm done :D

@Freddy:

> Not lying is like impossible. A common lie I do: I get asked if I like this girl and I say no, when I actually do.
>
> The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
> Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Because 'Yes' isn't a valid answer…

Regards,
  Godlord.