Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am an addict

balliztik1

Eclipse, I have returned. No, this is not a "ZOMG, I'm back" post, though.

I have an addiction problem. No, I'm not addicted to drugs, or any destructive behavior like that. I'm addicted to being addicted. I rarely have time for any more than one thing in my life at a time. Once upon a forever ago, that was Eclipse. I'd spend 6-8 hours a day, idly refreshing, writing code, and just filling all my time with Eclipse. At times, I'd lose sight of that, though, and spend all my time on something else. I've been hooked on WoW, DnD, DDO, Runescape, all manner of MMOs before, but I grow tired quickly.

Recently, I was addicted to a wonderful girl. When I wasn't with her, I talked to her over MSN and Skype, via webcam. I loved her, but unfortunately, the last 15 months of my perfect life have come to a close. I'm alone again. I need something to fill the void in my life that she left. Eclipse, I'm back. I need a new addiction, and you're the most reliable I've known over the years.

So…

Hey.

@Ballie:

> Eclipse, I have returned. No, this is not a "ZOMG, I'm back" post, though.
>
> I have an addiction problem. No, I'm not addicted to drugs, or any destructive behavior like that. I'm addicted to being addicted. I rarely have time for any more than one thing in my life at a time. Once upon a forever ago, that was Eclipse. I'd spend 6-8 hours a day, idly refreshing, writing code, and just filling all my time with Eclipse. At times, I'd lose sight of that, though, and spend all my time on something else. I've been hooked on WoW, DnD, DDO, Runescape, all manner of MMOs before, but I grow tired quickly.
>
> Recently, I was addicted to a wonderful girl. When I wasn't with her, I talked to her over MSN and Skype, via webcam. I loved her, but unfortunately, the last 15 months of my perfect life have come to a close. I'm alone again. I need something to fill the void in my life that she left. Eclipse, I'm back. I need a new addiction, and you're the most reliable I've known over the years.
>
> So…
>
> Hey.

I missed you, my Ballsack ;D.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@IceCream:

> @renzozuken2002:
>
> > @IceCream:
> >
> > > Welcome back, I know the feeling. I've done the same thing.  Every time I left eclipse was because of girls.
> >
> > why are people saying it like its a bad thing?
> >
> > Welcome back Ballie.
>
> Abandoning friends for a girl is a bad thing.

Abandoning internet friends is not.

@Marsh:

> @IceCream:
>
> > @renzozuken2002:
> >
> > > @IceCream:
> > >
> > > > Welcome back, I know the feeling. I've done the same thing.  Every time I left eclipse was because of girls.
> > >
> > > why are people saying it like its a bad thing?
> > >
> > > Welcome back Ballie.
> >
> > Abandoning friends for a girl is a bad thing.
>
> Abandoning internet friends is not.

There's other types of friends? OMG, when did this happen, and why didn't anybody tell me?!!?!? MY WHOLE VIEW ON LIFE IS SHATTERED!!!

Oh, yeah, welcome back ballie *big thumbs down for leaving in the first place*

@Zetta:

> @Godlord:
>
> > @TT:
> >
> > > I am a girl.  I have no idea what relevance that statement has to this thread.  But now and then I have to remind people of that.  :/
> >
> > You could leave an "impression" so that people wouldn't forget that.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Godlord.
>
> I think that violates one of the forums rules.

I was only suggesting it as a joke, unless you meant that it should have been in 186.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlord:

> @Zetta:
>
> > @Godlord:
> >
> > > @TT:
> > >
> > > > I am a girl.  I have no idea what relevance that statement has to this thread.  But now and then I have to remind people of that.  :/
> > >
> > > You could leave an "impression" so that people wouldn't forget that.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >   Godlord.
> >
> > I think that violates one of the forums rules.
>
> I was only suggesting it as a joke, unless you meant that it should have been in 186.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

![](http://emotes.longlinkislong.com/awesome%20%284%29.png)

actually, thats probably a bad idea.

@Bobosk:

> i don't think 1/50th of the community would care if the female members left more "Impressions" around here :lipsrsealed:

I do think that 1/50th of the community would care if there are Eclipse ~~gang bangs with all the female members~~ parties as well.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlord:

> @Bobosk:
>
> > i don't think 1/50th of the community would care if the female members left more "Impressions" around here :lipsrsealed:
>
> I do think that 1/50th of the community would care if there are Eclipse ~~gang bangs with all the female members~~ parties as well.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

its because whole forum is samefag.

good point, since that 1/50th is all pretty much non-active members that signed up once and never came back… I blame all those people... you know the ones... the guy-computer person... what was his name--- oh yeah, Godlord! ... and... yeah i think that was the only person that ever scared anyone off

@Zetta:

> @Godlord:
>
> > @Bobosk:
> >
> > > i don't think 1/50th of the community would care if the female members left more "Impressions" around here :lipsrsealed:
> >
> > I do think that 1/50th of the community would care if there are Eclipse ~~gang bangs with all the female members~~ parties as well.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Godlord.
>
> its because whole forum is samefag.

Yea well, where's Marsh? He's responsible for the amount of _physical_ (vs. virtual) female members on this forum.

@Bobosk:

> good point, since that 1/50th is all pretty much non-active members that signed up once and never came back… I blame all those people... you know the ones... the guy-computer person... what was his name--- oh yeah, Godlord! ... and... yeah i think that was the only person that ever scared anyone off

I can't help it that they can't deal with an internet tough guy.

Regards,
  Godlord.