Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It _is_ how RMXP does it. >_>

How in God's name would you get a full set of tile data from a single 32x32 tile? In RMXP you need to go through a separate editor to create the autotiles, and it then lets you select between these by giving a single tile preview.

I'd prefer Origins to be much more flexible than that, and allow you to have autotiles placed anywhere within your normal tilesets, allowing for easy access.

Once again I'll point out that those images were posted _weeks_ ago. Since then selecting an autotile will show you selecting the entire 128x192 autotile area.

Also, don't quote a huge post like that.

@Robin:

> It _is_ how RMXP does it. >_>
>
> How in God's name would you get a full set of tile data from a single 32x32 tile? In RMXP you need to go through a separate editor to create the autotiles, and it then lets you select between these by giving a single tile preview.
>
> I'd prefer Origins to be much more flexible than that, and allow you to have autotiles placed anywhere within your normal tilesets, allowing for easy access.
>
> Once again I'll point out that those images were posted _weeks_ ago. Since then selecting an autotile will show you selecting the entire 128x192 autotile area.
>
> Also, don't quote a huge post like that.

I am just saying that I like my stuff more condensed it all. It's a lot more bulky. I'm just giving a tip of advise is all.

@Helladen:

> @Robin:
>
> > It _is_ how RMXP does it. >_>
> >
> > How in God's name would you get a full set of tile data from a single 32x32 tile? In RMXP you need to go through a separate editor to create the autotiles, and it then lets you select between these by giving a single tile preview.
> >
> > I'd prefer Origins to be much more flexible than that, and allow you to have autotiles placed anywhere within your normal tilesets, allowing for easy access.
> >
> > Once again I'll point out that those images were posted _weeks_ ago. Since then selecting an autotile will show you selecting the entire 128x192 autotile area.
> >
> > Also, don't quote a huge post like that.
>
> I am just saying that I like my stuff more condensed it all. It's a lot more bulky. I'm just giving a tip of advise is all.

Knowing how honest Robin is, he's probably gonna say,

"Since when was it about how you liked it?"

And I wouldn't blame him. ;)

@Helladen:

> @Robin:
>
> > It _is_ how RMXP does it. >_>
> >
> > How in God's name would you get a full set of tile data from a single 32x32 tile? In RMXP you need to go through a separate editor to create the autotiles, and it then lets you select between these by giving a single tile preview.
> >
> > I'd prefer Origins to be much more flexible than that, and allow you to have autotiles placed anywhere within your normal tilesets, allowing for easy access.
> >
> > Once again I'll point out that those images were posted _weeks_ ago. Since then selecting an autotile will show you selecting the entire 128x192 autotile area.
> >
> > Also, don't quote a huge post like that.
>
> I am just saying that I like my stuff more condensed it all. It's a lot more bulky. I'm just giving a tip of advise is all.

But your way is not actually more condensed, in fact it's more bulky overall and an unneeded specialization.

@Helladen:

No. Origins is actually much less bulky than the RPG Makers when it comes to graphics. My engine reads everything itself, dynamically changing the rendering routines to handle different inputs.

RMXP requires you to do it all manually through a set of editors.

@Robin:

> @Helladen:
>
> > I am just saying that I like my stuff more condensed it all. It's a lot more bulky. I'm just giving a tip of advise is all.
>
> No. Origins is actually much less bulky than the RPG Makers when it comes to graphics. My engine reads everything itself, dynamically changing the rendering routines to handle different inputs.
>
> RMXP requires you to do it all manually through a set of editors.

Oh no. Rpg Maker blows this out of the water compared to editors. No it is less bulky than Origins. The reason you have to select them is due to how it was designed to work for certain areas, whereas Mirage Source uses a bulk of information which takes up a lot more memory. It's just a better way of handling resources.

@Helladen:

> Oh no. Rpg Maker blows this out of the water compared to editors. No it is less bulky than Origins. The reason you have to select them is due to how it was designed to work for certain areas, whereas Mirage Source uses a bulk of information which takes up a lot more memory. It's just a better way of handling resources.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/1280119576818.png)

@Robin:

> @Helladen:
>
> > Oh no. Rpg Maker blows this out of the water compared to editors. No it is less bulky than Origins. The reason you have to select them is due to how it was designed to work for certain areas, whereas Mirage Source uses a bulk of information which takes up a lot more memory. It's just a better way of handling resources.
>
> ![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/1280119576818.png)

ahahahahha!!!! one more word out of you and someones eye may explode!