Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Converters are easy to make, but it's pretty much impossible to convert something when it doesn't have a counter-part in Origins.

Origins doesn't have a tile animation system and the tile data is stored in a non-compatible way. You'd be able to convert the basic map data, like it's name and music, but not the actual graphical map.

I don't understand why you'd want to convert, anyway. Origins has a much, much better mapping system which is no where near as limiting as the old versions of Eclipse. It'd be like creating a map in Doom 2 then converting it over to Modern Warfare 2\. What would be the point?

I agree with Robin, not just because he's right, but if you don't redo the maps you already have, or at least make changes, you'll never make better maps let alone make your game better. Starting from scratch on something can often times help make it much better in the long run. What Robin has done with Origins is a prime example of the principle. In essence he's redefined what many game dev hobbyists thought could be done with vb6\.

Sorry, I think you guys misunderstood me. I should have worded my post better.

I meant, could I convert all of my data from old Origins into new Origins? Not Stable to Origins. Sorry.

I use Stable at the moment, and was thinking about switching to Origins very soon. But then if I did, I don't want new Origins to come out and have to start over a second time on new Origins.

I suppose you could if he doesn't change anything insane, but I'm sure whatever version comes next will be so different that it's not worth it. I know the mapping and combat systems are completely different in the next version… beyond that I don't know what else he's changed since I last logged.

@[Cake:

> Vitin â„¢ link=topic=57637.msg695036#msg695036 date=1285361917]
> Is party system included?

I hope it does + a guild system will be nice.

@[Cake:

> Vitin â„¢ link=topic=57637.msg695203#msg695203 date=1285420902]
> Its not "holpe" its "hope".

Ty i am a bulgarian i need to learn english better

@Raiko:

> @[Cake:
>
> > Vitin â„¢ link=topic=57637.msg695203#msg695203 date=1285420902]
> > Its not "holpe" its "hope".
>
> Ty I am a bulgarian I need to learn english better

I dated a Bulgarian chick before, she was into all sorts of nice things. :D

@sniffy:

> Nice Job Robin a really like all the features and that one thing I might suggest is for holding shift to sped you up instead of slow you down :O xD

You can edit that its actely posted on the forum how to do it.

@Azure:

> Urm… Robin does his best programming while he's drunk.... I'd buy him as many pints as I could if it got it out faster... well either that or alcohol poisoning. lol...
>
> But yeah, stfu, it will be out when it's out.

Um? Drinking puts parts of your brain to sleep, how does that make you think logically better? I don't care who you are, getting drunk does not make you do something better except maybe not die as likely under certain circumstances. But that's off-topic…

@Helladen:

> Um? Drinking puts parts of your brain to sleep, how does that make you think logically better? I don't care who you are, getting drunk does not make you do something better except maybe not die as likely under certain circumstances. But that's off-topic…

![](http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/ballmer_peak.png)