Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Xlithan:

> Didn't Robin say something about making a complete stable version, then writing tutorials for new features instead of adding new features to the engine?

Your point?
He IS working on an amazing engine which is actually pretty bug free for anything newbies would do and plenty fixable if you know how to look yourself.
He HAS made tutorials on adding features.
He WILL only add features that seem beneficial for the majority of projects.

@Xlithan:

> Didn't Robin say something about making a complete stable version, then writing tutorials for new features instead of adding new features to the engine?

I said I was going to write tutorials for large features which would only clog up the source for those who don't need it.

Really people should be happy with what they get… he's already taking his time doing this for people which if he wanted he doesn't have to and could spend his time making a killer game which would destroy 99% of eclipse games.

However saying this it would be nice if he would do some suggestions there is a lot of features I know I wouldn't mind having.

Robin, would you happen to know if there's an easy way I can use Origins but keep the same graphical layout (the look of forms, editors, etc.) as I do now with Eclipse Evolution 2.7 (I don't know if I can really call it that anymore, lol)? I really would like to use Origins, but re-creating all the forms, editors, etc. to look how they currently look would halt my game's development for over a month. Even after I do all of that, I still have to add in all of my source edits, get a little familiar with the engine, and then convert the code to fit Origins. Any suggestions?

@Cyprien:

> I've seen that game, looks nice. ;( but not my style. Which why my game uses rmxp/rmvx style.
>
> (However I guess I should try it before I judge it…. So I shall sometime.)

RMXP and RMVX look horrible in my opinion. I've always gone for the retro look.

@Kimimaru:

> easy way I can use Origins but keep the same graphical layout

No.

@Robin:

> @Cyprien:
>
> > I've seen that game, looks nice. ;( but not my style. Which why my game uses rmxp/rmvx style.
> >
> > (However I guess I should try it before I judge it…. So I shall sometime.)
>
> RMXP and RMVX look horrible in my opinion. I've always gone for the retro look.
>
> @Kimimaru:
>
> > easy way I can use Origins but keep the same graphical layout
>
> No.

The only thing I really dislike about rmxp sprites is they didn't finish the characters every character has a shadow leg/arm which they didn't even add detail too.

Ps. Kimimaru Origins is worth dumping eclipse 2.7 … >.>

@Cyprien:

> Ps. Kimimaru Origins is worth dumping eclipse 2.7 … >.>

It is worth it, and as Robin told me, it's much better to work with a good base and expand upon it than to work with a poor base and try to fix it, but I'd have to basically remake my entire game, which I'm not willing to do. By the way, I can probably consider my source code my own engine because of how much I've changed it. I've not only done countless bug fixes, but I've also done so many code optimizations/rewrites that helped improve my game's performance and stability drastically. Still, it has its faults and is not as good as Origins, but I think I can still further improve it enough to make it a solid engine. I would've definitely used Origins if it came out either before I started development or while I was in the very beginning stages of development.

Why do the noobs ask for "OMG CLANS PLX"  and "OMG THE REST OF MY GAME PLOX"???

I really don't understand how people can sit there and ask someone to do the work for their game. Robin has made a very decent strong base to start a game. Nowhere did Robin state that you get to make a game in 5 minutes and become a millionaire.

If you want to make a game, rather than name a few items or NPCs, and make a few maps, learn vb6\. I hope alot of you people who think Robin should make a game for you will read this and possibly simultaneously com-bust into a fire exposing the words "NoOb" within it's shadows.

Personally if I were Robin I would have said "Duck you", and made an engine for myself. I honestly do not see how Robin can read 10 millions posts a day containing this immature garbage, without going totally crazy on everyone and use his magic programming skills to program an app that blows up earth, while he uses his jetpack to fly to outerspace where he can make an engine for the Martians, who DON'T ask for everything to be done for them.

ontopic:

OMG I LOVE YOUR ENGINE!!!

@cody4camp:

> I honestly do not see how Robin can read 10 millions posts a day containing this immature garbage, without going totally crazy on everyone and use his magic programming skills to program an app that blows up earth, while he uses his jetpack to fly to outerspace where he can make an engine for the Martians, who DON'T ask for everything to be done for them.

Drugs, mostly. And alcohol. That reminds me, I need to go pick up beer to go to a BBQ.

Hey Robin. Missed me? (: (I guess ..not really. :P)

I came back to have a look at Origins and it went out quite good.
Still needs some optimization but everything runs fluid and what you have built in works fine. Finally a vb6 engine wich is worth using for a game. I guess some interesting projects are beeing planed.
(As we know 99% won't ever get to a open beta, but still i wish everyone the best of luck with this engine!)

You also inspired me with Origins to give the whole game design a last chance.

(BTW where to post bugs ?)

@Konsty:

> Hey Robin. Missed me? (: (I guess ..not really. :P)
>
> I came back to have a look at Origins and it went out quite good.
> Still needs some optimization but everything runs fluid and what you have built in works fine. Finally a vb6 engine wich is worth using for a game. I guess some interesting projects are beeing planed.
> (As we know 99% won't ever get to a open beta, but still I wish everyone the best of luck with this engine!)
>
> You also inspired me with Origins to give the whole game design a last chance.
>
> (BTW where to post bugs ?)

Thanks man. Good to see you again.

And just post bugs anywhere. Everyone else posts them in several different locations because they seem to think that'll catch my eye more. xD As long as you tag them with [EO] I'll get around to fixing them once I get my life sorted.

@Konsty:

> (As we know 99% won't ever get to a open beta, but still I wish everyone the best of luck with this engine!)

I'm making my last go at a 2D game using EO, its clean, its simple, and isn't full of trash features nobody wants.

By the way I actually was going to donate money, then I opened my account on the net and realized I'm just about as poor as you, when I get payed I'll donate a couple bucks. Those of you who plan on using EO should donate, think about it guys, its a couple bucks and goes to a good cause.

Since I don't have vb6 atm and I have issues installing it I will post this as a bug RIGHT HERE! Yeah you see it right…I am not searching for a place to post, I am posting it here because my problem is the most important one and has to be solved as soon as possible. So Robin drop your RL and solve my problem because I can't make my awesome game with never seen before features and a huge player based allways evolving world.
It's propably the biggest bug in EO ..we can't live with this bug and there is need of a pro programmer to solve it.

**Bug:**
Weapon layer is below armor layer.

@Konsty:

> Since I don't have vb6 atm and I have issues installing it I will post this as a bug RIGHT HERE! Yeah you see it right…I am not searching for a place to post, I am posting it here because my problem is the most important one and has to be solved as soon as possible. So Robin drop your RL and solve my problem because I can't make my awesome game with never seen before features and a huge player based allways evolving world.
> It's propably the biggest bug in EO ..we can't live with this bug and there is need of a pro programmer to solve it.
>
> **Bug:**
> Weapon layer is below armor layer.

Yeah, this bug has been reported millions of times. It's not really a bug because Robin made it like on purpose that knowing that he couldn't make a rendering order to fit everyone's need. If you look through the Bug And Runtime Errors board you'll see there's 3 or so topics saying "[EO] Paperdoll bug"

@۩ŞṗάỈᾗἷỗהּ۩:

> By the way I actually was going to donate money, then I opened my account on the net and realized I'm just about as poor as you, when I get payed I'll donate a couple bucks. Those of you who plan on using EO should donate, think about it guys, its a couple bucks and goes to a good cause.

I hear ya there. I have wanted to donate so many times but living paycheck to paycheck and supporting a wife and two kids its hard.
When I get things going I'll def be finding ways to donate back to Robin.
I have purchased RealmCrafter for 100USD and find his engine way more valuable ;)

@Soul:

> Yeah, this bug has been reported millions of times. It's not really a bug because Robin made it like on purpose that knowing that he couldn't make a rendering order to fit everyone's need. If you look through the Bug And Runtime Errors board you'll see there's 3 or so topics saying "[EO] Paperdoll bug"

Well , i was quite ironic. This "bug" is nothing big and if i had vb6 i'd change it on my own. :P
And btw that's the biggest problem i found so far. Means the engine is kinda bugless, or at least only some rare bugs wich i don't know about.

I'm trying to convert your Engine to VB.net and I have a question, What is the sole point of the clsbuffer class you have? Is it for byte buffer compression to save bandwidth? because if it is then I can use the System.IO.Compression.Gzip library to replace zlib.

Thanks In Regards,
StormShellX