Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Petrol / Gas Prices Where You Are

Alster

@Zero3X:

> The cheapest unleaded price I've spotted in London is 113.9\. What's it like where you are?

Im assuming pounds correct?

Idk the translation, but just outside of Washington DC, USA the regular gas is about $2.50 USD per gallon (again, I dont know the translation to metric).

@Jungletoe:

> @Zero3X:
>
> > The cheapest unleaded price I've spotted in London is 113.9\. What's it like where you are?
>
> Im assuming pounds correct?
>
> Idk the translation, but just outside of Washington DC, USA the regular gas is about $2.50 USD per gallon (again, I dont know the translation to metric).

If my calculations are correct (which they probably aren't) that's expensive.

@Zero3X:

> @Jungletoe:
>
> > @Zero3X:
> >
> > > The cheapest unleaded price I've spotted in London is 113.9\. What's it like where you are?
> >
> > Im assuming pounds correct?
> >
> > Idk the translation, but just outside of Washington DC, USA the regular gas is about $2.50 USD per gallon (again, I dont know the translation to metric).
>
> If my calculations are correct (which they probably aren't) that's expensive.

Yeah its the freaking "green" taxes. The price before was around 4.00

@Jungletoe:

> @Jna:
>
> > Less than $1USD/l
>
> Woah! Are you in Texas,

Um why would you think gas is cheap in texas? Im in texas lets see im 30 mins away from the refinery that makes over 1/3 of America's gas.

gas is at $2.70 a gal atm and on the rise

@Anna:

> In Britain are the units in litres or gallons? (I know in continental Europe it's litres, but gallons is an Imperial unit).

I remember seeing some SI-units in London, but the petrol prices might still be in gallons.

Regards,
  Godlord.

In Britain it's by litres.

Also, hovering around the £1/L mark here.

I'm assuming Americans are using American gallons, and if so then it's ~3.7litre to an (American) gallon.

That makes it ~$5.6 per gallon in the UK. Even more down South.

Amerifags, keep in mind that everything is pretty much twice as expensive over here, but we earn twice as much than you on average. (Hence why taking a holiday here is a bad idea. Actually, scratch that, this country is just horrible to visit even with extortionate exchange rates.)

This topic is now how the average consumption basket costs twice as much in western Europe and the UK than in the USA, as well as most other goods and services.

It's all about the minimum wage and land costs, amirite?

Btw, to all you tip obsessed Americans, you wouldn't tip _every bloody person who does something for you_ if you lived over here.