Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Split: People's experiences with Spainion.

magezhilo

The original GUI was made my Japez, they look pretty similar.

![](http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd278/itzjapez/newgui.png)
![](http://www.worldofhyrule.org/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=249)
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/db140b0bd256e0cb59e964133d0d2c86.PNG)

Ah, after looking through the screenshots and such, and **finished** features, I see that Spainion ditched World of Hyrule for this…

Okay I see now.
I'm not gonna warn him. I'll let someone else do it. I need to be studying right now lol. I just got an email saying someone stole ur work and I was like holy shit! So

To the person that stole the work
that design is a property o WOH and not yours
come up with a different design and format and do not steal other peoples designs and ideas. Makes your game u original. So take th screenshpt off and change the format. Idc if spanion did it for u. For all I care spanion can go shove somethin up his ass. U need to change it. I've honestly lost patience with plagorizing. I'll give you 68 hours to take that picture down. And then another 68 to put a new one up that shoes a 'custom' format. If not I'll lock until you decide to do so.

OMG is all I can sorry O.o

Kreator, my response to you is spainion may have helped me with some coding idea and such but i have coded a lot my self and worked on it, my GUI artist is a dumbass yes and he is fired. Also I dont know anything about Hyrule man i just looked actually because of this, and it looks like it is coming along great. I dont understand why people have to compete over games. I dont know but please dont assume he left hyrule for this…there is no reason to. I am for the most part making this all my self, like i said now with out a gfx artist lol.

First off, it will be changed no worried about that, this game is not even in an alpha and nothing is even really started. It was made by a friend of mine and please trust me that he will not be working with me anymore. I allowed him access to my computer to upload the photos and he did do so. But I could not believe when i saw them >.> Needless to say this will be changed and dealt with properly, im sorry for who evers work this was im sorry this happened. And I sware that I do not steel work, people are really stupid sometimes O.o Anyways it is solved and to who ever this offened i personally apologize and send me regards. I understand coming from a game maker having something stolen is horrible, i truely am sorry.

-Jay-

Don't worry Kreator. I see a pattern here with people like Spanion. He can program the greatest engine ever made but it will never get finished. The project will get dropped and he will never pursue his dreams. I have faith in this most recent project because you're taking a simple concept and adding your own flare onto it. Plus, you're not relying on Spanion (which of whom also dropped Ark Land).

Thanks MrMiguu. Kind of nice to hear it from you, probably because of our past debates and conflicts, so I know your not sugar coating anything.

But yeah, my recent project is simple, easier, and I'm learning from all and any mistakes. I've started off with a goal I can achieve in a few months, not a few years. In the future I can always update the graphics. And I'll continue adding one province at a time, each with new content, and features. Sure you might think, wow this first release doesn't have mounts or anything, however it will have completely original work, and most importantly, will BE released. From there on I can update and work progressively. My dedication and development has been very strong and consistent too, I actually really love working on 8bit graphics.

Lol. Once again I fired my GFX artist he was a tool >.>
And you can go on and on about it but as I told you and I will tell you again spainion gave me some coding help and such but alot of features have been added by my self. "add my own flare" funny with adding my own flare, you mean adding all my coding and gfx? Sorry my gfx guy is a douche bag but dont dis my game and my coding because my gfx artist took a swirl and a dot man…lol.

Yo and again I understand where people come from as game makers, because that shit should never happen and trust me if I knew of it sooner it would of never even been on there O.o I am gonna take on GFXs i guess my self, I obviously cant trust people to do atleast creditable work. And cant find anyone half way decent for that matter. It is really sad now adays…Anyways If ya need any help with coding let me know man i did a bunch with it.

You'd have no idea who I am but i'd just like to give you a nice little warning..
Spanion has moved from game to game ditching one hopeful game developer after another. The engine he is probably using for your game has been in the making for years, adapting as it changed projects. It's like a virus.

I suggest you check out screen shots of World of Hyrule and to a lesser extent screenshots of Arkland if you can find them. Both contained graphics made by the very talented Kreator and Immanual. He has left those two impressive projects within the past 1-2 years and I know he will probably read this and tell you a story about me but hey.. the moment he stops talking to you via msn or whatever is the day you prepare for him to bail. Fair warning.

I'm sure you're a good bloke Jay. I don't mean to attack you in anyway. Oh and japez.. blow me  :kiss:

The client I sent Jay included the GUI because he needs to be able to design his own that is the same relative shape, I did not include any of the other graphics in the client I sent, that GUI you made is quite blatantly a rip of Japez's GUI and you are going to have to redesign it to avoid conflicts. As far as using the same pallet goes that's pretty irrelevant a lot of pixel artist I know find a pallet to make shit it doesn't matter really.

@ιмαgσ:

> You'd have no idea who I am but i'd just like to give you a nice little warning..
> Spanion has moved from game to game ditching one hopeful game developer after another. The engine he is probably using for your game has been in the making for years, adapting as it changed projects. It's like a virus.
>
> I suggest you check out screen shots of World of Hyrule and to a lesser extent screenshots of Arkland if you can find them. Both contained graphics made by the very talented Kreator and Immanual. He has left those two impressive projects within the past 1-2 years and I know he will probably read this and tell you a story about me but hey.. the moment he stops talking to you via msn or whatever is the day you prepare for him to bail. Fair warning.
>
> I'm sure you're a good bloke Jay. I don't mean to attack you in anyway. Oh and japez.. blow me  :kiss:

I think you got that one a little backwards you worthless pile of shit. Everytime I pour my effort and time into a game I end up with some fucking douche-bag development team that stop/slow work to a crawl so I move on in an effort to maintain consistent development. This engine is probably 90% done and I need to close the gap to a finished product, I don't help with game development when I work on a game I just keep developing the engine, fixing bugs and tweaking features. When the development team stops putting effort into the game in areas where it needs to be developed the most I fuck off and move on.

Plus I've rarely meet a "hopeful" game developer all the projects I worked on crashed as a result of the entire team stopping work. At least half of the projects that I had worked on my dev team left and I had no one to work with anymore. I got a lot of Respect for Japez and Kreator regardless of what they think of me, we all stopped working it wasn't a result of me ditching anyone. Seven Nations, My dev team Left. Arkland - Immanuel Left. So shove that theory up your ass.

> Alright, now you all realize that Spanion is a I fail at life, do you want me to split off the rant somewhere? Or just clear the thread?

Now robin I do remember having an argument with you somewhere on these forums and smacking you around like a little girl you self righteous ass. I never boast about how awesome I am or how things "Pwn" because I made them so you can keep your mouth shut about me I barely ever post here unless some idiot is trying to tarnish my name publicly.

@۩ŞṗάỈᾗἷỗהּ۩:

> Now robin I do remember having an argument with you somewhere on these forums and smacking you around like a little girl you self righteous burro. I never boast about how awesome I am or how things "Pwn" because I made them so you can keep your mouth shut about me I barely ever post here unless some idiot is trying to tarnish my name publicly.

My post had nothing to do with you. I'm asking what the original poster wants me to do as his game thread is filled with people talking about how horrible you are.

I don't remember you nor do I have any sort of opinion about you. All I said was that there are a lot of people who're just realising what a twat you are, so I want to know what Jay wants me to do with it.

No need to be so damn defensive.

Anyway, going to split all this off.

I still have no idea what's going on. Spainion or someone sent the WoH GUI to someone else who just changed the colour who then said it was his who sent it to Jay and now everyone's talking about Spainion's project hopping and… yeah. I have no idea, so I just left it here for you to take care of.

See how much I love you, Evan? :P

Wraith, i'm warning you for flaming.

This doesn't even belong on Eclipse, because this is entirely an engine dispute. I do not know what the WoH team had as far as agreements about whatever engine features were coded by Spainion; but it seems that he has a right to his engine.

Spainion, it would help if you didn't berate current members of the Eclipse administration. Also it would be nicer, if you'd be more open with your engines and work. If indeed everyone else abandons you, then perhaps you don't need to work on games directly, and just work on the engine aspect?

This is all stupid drama that could be easily avoided.

Determine amongst yourselves what aspects of the WoH engine is allowed to be moved and used on other projects.